• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

Wow, I watched the replay of the Dolphins-Patriots game. 20 of New England's points came after drive extending penalties on 3rd down where NE would have had to punt. All of them were bad calls. All of them.

There's a good chance that we would have blown the game otherwise, but what a joke.

So, the Dolphins aren't going to make the playoffs. Pretty sure you don't get in after a 4 game losing streak. Obviously top priority is fixing the O-line before Tannehill gets injured seriously. They were run blocking decently today, but I'd be more encouraged if it was against a better front 7.

This last month has sucked, fellow Phins fans. No other way to think about it.
I hate making excuses and blaming refs but you're 100% correct in this case. One of the worst officiating jobs I've seen in years and I can't imagine it being any worse (replacement refs would have been much better).

That said, I have lost all faith in this team. Even my love for Philbin and Tannehill has turned into doubt. The last 4 games have been pathetic, the team has no heart and doesn't know how to respond to adversity.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I still think this game shows that the Vikings should stick with Ponder for the season. He at least prevents them from being an out right catastrophe like they are under the other 2. Plus, even a QB change won't fix the defense, offense and basically everyone but AP issues the team has.

Godslay

Banned
I still think this game shows that the Vikings should stick with Ponder for the season. He at least prevents them from being an out right catastrophe like they are under the other 2. Plus, even a QB change won't fix the defense, offense and basically everyone but AP issues the team has.

Maybe the Vikings should hope for an out right catastrophe? Then again they drafted Ponder in the 1st round, so would it even matter if they had another high 1st round pick QB? If you can't pick out and develop a good QB, doesn't really matter I guess.

squicken

OL are hard to figure out, similar to CBs. Can look good at lower levels, maybe the comp wasn't up to par, stronger/more athletic and can get away with bad technique, all of which get exposed at the next level.

It is brutal right now. Doesn't help that they get hurt the most. Most teams can't even run block now let alone pass block. There's always one guy getting beat and the whole play goes poof. Might just be too hard to block the modern DT/DE consistently

LJ11

Maybe the Vikings should hope for an out right catastrophe? Then again they drafted Ponder in the 1st round, so would it even matter if they had another high 1st round pick QB? If you can't pick out and develop a good QB, doesn't really matter I guess.

Need to clean house, and hope the new guys are better than the old.

How the fuck was Ponder drafted in the first round? Anyone who watched this dude play knew he was a major wip, above average starter was his upside if you ask me. Top 15 selection in that draft? No fucking way.

Rick Spielman should just hand in his resignation. "I FUCKED UP."

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

Have you seen the Vikings schedule? They don't have another winnable game till Week 15 vs the Eagles. Might as well keep Ponder for consistency and hope the team pulls off a bunch of close teamwork driven games.

And the Vikings suck at drafting. Like you said, Ponder. Or this year, where they had a bunch of high picks and were declared the winners of the draft. They just suck at developing what they draft.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Freeman looks like the lights aren't on upstairs.

Spinluck

Sorry, you guys already spent your first rounder on Trent Truck. Although I'd love to see AP in Denver. We'd certainly take care of that running game problem.

Would you guys be able to afford him though?

The trade for Trent Bust hurts. But all we can do now is work with what we've got.

It's funny because he's fucking awesome in Madden---he can truck over like anyone. But we all know Madden is broken as shit. Trent sucks.

Top Bottom