• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 26m
If #Browns QB Weeden starts vs. Chiefs, one league insider told me today, "he's on a very short leash. V. little margin for error''
Yeah, whatever.
I kinda expect him to start this week. Campbell comes in after Kansas City and the bye, possibly with no Gordon.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
MICHAEL ROBINSON IS BACK BITCHES

I need that real rob report!
While it would be nice to have all our key players to begin with, having them assemble over the course of the season is kinda cool in itself. Backup QB TJack, Leo End Clemons, DE/OLB Irvin, C Unger, TE Miller, FB Robinson, WR Harvin, LT Okung.

MechDX

But BG, I love Josh Gordon. :(

matt-schaub-8-nfl.jpg

Embrace him Kave. He is your Obi Wan....your last hope.

rando14

While it would be nice to have all our key players to begin with, having them assemble over the course of the season is kinda cool in itself. Backup QB TJack, Leo End Clemons, DE/OLB Irvin, C Unger, TE Miller, FB Robinson, WR Harvin, LT Okung.

Absolutely, knowing that our team will get better over the course of the rest of the season is an awesome feeling. We've got a few easy weeks ahead and we should have a lot of guys back for the couple of tough games near the end.

That said, anything can happen on any given Sunday. I can't rest easy at all until our o line starts putting out a better product.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Absolutely, knowing that our team will get better over the course of the rest of the season is an awesome feeling. We've got a few easy weeks ahead and we should have a lot of guys back for the couple of tough games near the end.

That said, anything can happen on any given Sunday. I can't rest easy at all until our o line starts putting out a better product.
Without question. Our team is going to be top level at nearly every position, and then you look at our offensive line and it's so frustrating. We're lucky to have Wilson, because he can still make it work.

But BG, I love Josh Gordon. :(
We can all fall back on Greg alittle being our favorite Wr again #TeamGregor! -_- but who knows what happens to Gordon? Just can't help but feel he'll be gone by the trade deadline.

Also team seems to have given up on Weeden, by the reactions and body language during the game.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
We can all fall back on Greg alittle being our favorite Wr #TeamGregor! -_- but who knows what happens to Gordon? Just can't help but feel he'll be gone by the trade deadline.

Also team seems to have given up on Weeden, by the reactions and body language during the game.

Definitely.

Ah well maybe we'll end up with a top 5 pick and won't need to trade any picks to move up to get our guy?

ShaneB

MICHAEL ROBINSON IS BACK BITCHES

I need that real rob report!

Without question. Our team is going to be top level at nearly every position, and then you look at our offensive line and it's so frustrating. We're lucky to have Wilson, because he can still make it work.

I'm still excepting something major to happen one game so the Seahawks join a bunch of other teams getting decimated by injuries. It's definitely going in the opposite direction so far, with so many teams getting beat up while the Seahawks constantly get back players.

Definitely.

Ah well maybe we'll end up with a top 5 pick and won't need to trade any picks to move up to get our guy?
At this point all we can really wish for I think, and hope we don't have to fight anyone for a Qb. Don't want another Rg3 trade situation, my heart can't take that kind of sorrow again.

Wouldn't mind seeing Hoyer + Mariota if he declares, I think he will.

Stealing this rumor and quote from OBR
Rumor from someone in the know (works for New england) anyways, read on or don't.... He said he was told the price for a contender is a 1rst and conditional 3rd (2015) for Gordon.

From a losing team a 2 and 3 this year.

take it for what it is.
Jim Donovan voice of the Browns on Sunday also believes Gordon wants to be traded. Said it was like Browns were aging with 10 when he was on the field yesterday

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I'm still excepting something major to happen one game so the Seahawks join a bunch of other teams getting decimated by injuries. It's definitely going in the opposite direction so far, with so many teams getting beat up while the Seahawks constantly get back players.
Wait, you're talking as if much of these returns aren't from injuries to begin with! Furthermore, Robinson is coming back mainly because Coleman and Ware are being sent to IR. One of the rare situations where a team upgrades from injury.

We got hit with the injury stick pretty hard, but we still won games.

Miguel

What's the word on Percy? I need him for my fantasy team! I'm in bye week hell and don't want to drop anyone. DON'T MAKE ME COME AFTER YOU AND YOUR FAMILY, PERCY

So Mike and Mike this morning were saying that the Vikings coach didnt want to play Freeman but that he was forced to. I wonder how much truth there is to that?

No surprise there. Rex Ryan was probably forced to mix the plays so that Teabow would go on to the field last year as well.

Owners want investment on their money right away/

ShaneB

Wait, you're talking as if much of these returns aren't from injuries to begin with! Furthermore, Robinson is coming back mainly because Coleman and Ware are being sent to IR. One of the rare situations where a team upgrades from injury.

We got hit with the injury stick pretty hard, but we still won games.

Yeah, poor wording on my choice :p I just meant moreso that we've been trending positively with the 7 games so far already, and while other teams have been getting hit massively with season ending injuries to some players, the Hawks are getting players back to continue that upswing.

I haven't slept much the past few days, gimme a break here! :(

LevelNth

Banned
What's the word on Percy? I need him for my fantasy team! I'm in bye week hell and don't want to drop anyone. DON'T MAKE ME COME AFTER YOU AND YOUR FAMILY, PERCY
He'll be back within plenty of time to get injured again during the year, don't worry.

8:25 pm Carolina Panthers Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Sun Oct 27
1:00 pm Buffalo Bills New Orleans Saints
1:00 pm Cleveland Browns Kansas City Chiefs
1:00 pm Dallas Cowboys Detroit Lions
1:00 pm Miami Dolphins New England Patriots
1:00 pm New York Giants Philadelphia Eagles
1:00 pm San Francisco 49ers Jacksonville Jaguars
4:05 pm New York Jets Cincinnati Bengals
4:05 pm Pittsburgh Steelers Oakland Raiders
4:25 pm Atlanta Falcons Arizona Cardinals
4:25 pm Washington Redskins Denver Broncos
8:30 pm Green Bay Packers Minnesota Vikings

Mon Oct 28
8:40 pm Seattle Seahawks St. Louis Rams

rando14

He's starting to practice again and is eligible to come off the PUP. I don't expect him back for at least a couple weeks (my expectation is ~Saints game, any earlier will be a treat) given I believe the Hawks will treat him with kid gloves since he's such a prized possession and long-term asset.

He'll be back within plenty of time to get injured again during the year, don't worry.

He'll contribute more in two weeks of playing than Crabtree will all year, no worries!

Call me when he keeps at it for 6 years straight then you can make that comparison to Willis.

Also:

AP NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year (2007)
3× NFL Alumni Linebacker of the Year (2007, 2009, 2010)
6× Pro Bowl (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
6× All-Pro (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)

Tackles 839
Quarterback sacks 17.5
Interceptions 7
Forced fumbles 15

Bowser

Call me when he keeps at it for 6 years straight then you can make that comparison to Willis.

Also:

AP NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year (2007)
3× NFL Alumni Linebacker of the Year (2007, 2009, 2010)
6× Pro Bowl (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
6× All-Pro (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)

Tackles 839
Quarterback sacks 17.5
Interceptions 7
Forced fumbles 15

No one gives a shit about the past bro, we're living in the present and the present says Luke is the best.

Top Bottom