• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 9 |OT| - Doin' It 2003 Style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. The dominated the game, missed a ton of opportunities. It'll happen on a short week.

Meh. They're a good team and getting better. Tough to see them winning in the postseason to get to the big game though. I think Colts, Broncos are both better. Just have more faith in Luck and PeyPey to pull it off rather than Dalton. Something about him just suggests he's not gonna be the guy to get it done in the clutch.

Of course Failco did it -- with gratuitous help from that dumbass Broncos safety -- so I suppose anything is possible.

138327817601676ox4.gif

haha. This gif's going to get a lot of use.

eznark

Banned
Meh. They're a good team and getting better. Tough to see them winning in the postseason to get to the big game though. I think Colts, Broncos are both better. Just have more faith in Luck and PeyPey to pull it off rather than Dalton. Something about him just suggests he's not gonna be the guy to get it done in the clutch.

Of course Failco did it -- with gratuitous help from that dumbass Broncos safety -- so I suppose anything is possible.

That's boring.

Trey

It's all about the buffalo game, the game was over, we won. And we gifted the game away. You cannot lose that game.

Tannehill played like shit that game. You hope he plays better next meeting cuz that will probably have playoff implications for Miami, and the Bills are certainly no gimme.

Broncos defense scares me though, at times they are just horribly awful.

Jeff-DSA

Lamar Miller needs more carries. Daniel Thomas should come in when Lamar is gassed. I also hope that they use Miller more in the passing game. He's clearly a capable back.

Not much the bungholes could have done that deep in their territory. Maybe a screen as the Dolphins were obviously looking safety. Pressure was too high to let something happen downfield.

Lamar Miller needs more carries. Daniel Thomas should come in when Lamar is gassed. I also hope that they use Miller more in the passing game. He's clearly a capable back.

they need to stop using thomas, he sucks, move on, anyways I have to get up early for work, see y'all tomorrow fins up!!!

Pimpwerx

That was worth the wait. Great finish. I'm not left regretting sitting through overtime. Disappointing collapse averted, but I'm still left filled with dread, like this is all false hope. Don't let this win be in vain. Go Dolphins! Going home now. PEACE.

exarkun

This was a typical Bungles game. People finally think they have their shit straight, then they lay a dud against a really struggling offense and a defense that was gassed halfway through the third.

Dalton played bad, but there were 5 or so legitimate "hit him in the hands/chest" drops that would have changed the game for the Bengles. Sanu was atrocious.

bionic77

Actually I think it's because they are at arms length. Everyone I know who is a true Bengals fan always gets pissed off when I tell them they are good because they always know better.

Good lord at claiming he should have thrown it away. Get a clue.
They have been talented in the past as well but somehow they always find a way.

squicken

This was a typical Bungles game. People finally think they have their shit straight, then they lay a dud against a really struggling offense and a defense that was gassed halfway through the third.

Dalton played bad, but there were 5 or so legitimate "hit him in the hands/chest" drops that would have changed the game for the Bengles. Sanu was atrocious.

Yeah, all their Dalton doubts are back. Now Geno is hurt. 5 hours ago they were Super Bowl contenders, in media at least

Buuuuuuuuuuuuurr, god I'm so drun. Bengals lost son safety lulz WHO DEY.BERNARD FuCk to kaveman you smell like litter box . Eznark hug, it goin be alright.

squicken

They'll most likely hang on to the North division, but their chances of advancing to the big show just took a monster blow.

The Chiefs have like no injuries. SF and SEA will be getting guys back before the playoffs. GB gets back Matthews and Cobb. Need depth to make the playoffs, but winning it takes stars being healthy

Pimpwerx

Got home safe, and walked the dog. I can post a bit more now.

- I was legit mad tonight. Didn't yell my regular chants of "Let's go defense" on defense or "Let's go Dolphins" on offense. Didn't sing both instances of the Dolphins Fight Song that play after each touchdown, only the first instance. It seems minute, but I just wasn't my usual, boisterous self tonight. Part of it was getting a flat tire that AAA made me wait 3 hours to get a tow, but part of it was the feeling of dread that's filled my belly since that second half at Foxboro.

- The crowd was relatively thin tonight, and I swear, the first possession of the game got cheers for the Bengals so loud that I was legitimately confused. I thought the Fins had done something I missed on some plays, because the crowd was really hot for the Bengals early. Seems like the Fins faithful took longer than usual to trickle in tonight.

- Grimes slipped at least 3 times tonight, and after the second time, I yelled, "FIX YOUR FUCKING CLEATS, JACKASS!" I don't think he heard me in 400 level, but I was heated. The first slip was forgivable, but the second and third weren't. Seemed like an obvious need for longer cleats, and I think the equipment manager dropped the fucking ball there. It didn't matter though, as he literally took the ball away from that receiver in the second half, and then took it to the house. As soon as he got past the first tackler, I started jumping up and down and yelled, "TO THE HOUSE!" This was a little awkward, as I was at the concession stand, but it got some of the fans around me pumped up, as I was talking mad shit at that point.

- Nolan Carroll came in after Patterson got injured yet a-fucking-gain, and I swear I nearly cried. Looked like we kept him at nickelback and safety, though. Or maybe my eyes are failing me and that was a #29 out there instead of a #28. Either way, Patterson leaving wasn't the worst thing to happen tonight.

- Dimes, dime and more slutty dimes. A lot of hogs tonight (must have been Cinci fans), but the best part of Halloween are the chicks dressed up as slutty _____'s. Just insert whatever you want in there, because they did it all. I suffered a severe case of wandering-eye syndrome tonight. No cure needed.

- I lost my voice again, which pretty much happens every game. I stood the entire 4th quarter and OT. I was really disappointed to see lots of "fans" leaving after the score was tied up 17-17. Trick-or-treating must be serious business. SMH. Fucking assholes shouldn't even come out if they're gonna bitch out like that. They missed a fantastic finish.

- I wonder if I made it on tv, because I did that Jags fan impression about 10 times tonight. Arms raised, looking around, shaking head. I can't tell you how many times I was baffled by play calls or whistles tonight.

- That ridiculous run by that Bungles RB might be the best rushing play of the season so far. I wanted to kick someone or something tonight. Some dude in front of me was dressed as Where's Waldo, and I wanted to punt him down the steps after that play. WTF kind of Mickey Moue tackling was that?

- Sturgis has not been a stud with a howitzer for a leg for a few games now. I'm not even surprised. He had spells at UF where his leg seemed to go crooked. This seems to be one such spell. I hope he bounces back.

- After getting criticized for throwing too much, Sherman went the complete opposite on the first two possessions. Running every single down. I don't know if it helped at all. I think he was just giving the critics the middle finger with that playcalling.

- That safety was beautiful, and was the boost this fanbase needed. I was cursing and yelling and high-fiving and just generally relieved that we actually won a fucking game. It's a strange dichotomy, as I want the team to tank, but I refuse to not cheer my team on in person. I mean, WTF am I doing at a home game if it's not to cheer for my team? Glad we won, and hope it's the start of a legit run for the playoffs. Otherwise, I'm all aboard the tank again.

- Oh yeah...WTF with Martin sitting out with emotional distress issues? Man the fuck up, you cupcake. Can't pass protect and can't play a game because you got pranked? Cut his fat ass and let's find a real tackle to protect our franchise QB.

- Loudest cheers of the night went to Hulk Hogan, sitting next to Brooke. He did the hand to the ear thing, and got the crowd really jacked up. Then he started flexing, and the place went nuts. Really cool mark-out moment for me and other wrasslin fans. Also, John Offerdahl got inducted into the ring of honor tonight. I'm surprised Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas got in before him, because he was the anchor of that 90s defense. Great player, looks great and had an awkward joke asking his wheelchair-bound mom to stand up. LOL! Not sure what that was about. PEACE.

Interesting Chiefs-related fact I read today: Small Hands Alex Smith has won 82% of the games he's played over the past three seasons.

Queue the "All he does is win!" crowd. 9-0, incoming!

Narag

Couldn't quite believe it ended that way after checking the news. Reactions from the fins fans posting in OT were funny.

Spades

Got home safe, and walked the dog. I can post a bit more now.

- I was legit mad tonight. Didn't yell my regular chants of "Let's go defense" on defense or "Let's go Dolphins" on offense. Didn't sing both instances of the Dolphins Fight Song that play after each touchdown, only the first instance. It seems minute, but I just wasn't my usual, boisterous self tonight. Part of it was getting a flat tire that AAA made me wait 3 hours to get a tow, but part of it was the feeling of dread that's filled my belly since that second half at Foxboro.

- The crowd was relatively thin tonight, and I swear, the first possession of the game got cheers for the Bengals so loud that I was legitimately confused. I thought the Fins had done something I missed on some plays, because the crowd was really hot for the Bengals early. Seems like the Fins faithful took longer than usual to trickle in tonight.

- Grimes slipped at least 3 times tonight, and after the second time, I yelled, "FIX YOUR FUCKING CLEATS, JACKASS!" I don't think he heard me in 400 level, but I was heated. The first slip was forgivable, but the second and third weren't. Seemed like an obvious need for longer cleats, and I think the equipment manager dropped the fucking ball there. It didn't matter though, as he literally took the ball away from that receiver in the second half, and then took it to the house. As soon as he got past the first tackler, I started jumping up and down and yelled, "TO THE HOUSE!" This was a little awkward, as I was at the concession stand, but it got some of the fans around me pumped up, as I was talking mad shit at that point.

- Nolan Carroll came in after Patterson got injured yet a-fucking-gain, and I swear I nearly cried. Looked like we kept him at nickelback and safety, though. Or maybe my eyes are failing me and that was a #29 out there instead of a #28. Either way, Patterson leaving wasn't the worst thing to happen tonight.

- Dimes, dime and more slutty dimes. A lot of hogs tonight (must have been Cinci fans), but the best part of Halloween are the chicks dressed up as slutty _____'s. Just insert whatever you want in there, because they did it all. I suffered a severe case of wandering-eye syndrome tonight. No cure needed.

- I lost my voice again, which pretty much happens every game. I stood the entire 4th quarter and OT. I was really disappointed to see lots of "fans" leaving after the score was tied up 17-17. Trick-or-treating must be serious business. SMH. Fucking assholes shouldn't even come out if they're gonna bitch out like that. They missed a fantastic finish.

- I wonder if I made it on tv, because I did that Jags fan impression about 10 times tonight. Arms raised, looking around, shaking head. I can't tell you how many times I was baffled by play calls or whistles tonight.

- That ridiculous run by that Bungles RB might be the best rushing play of the season so far. I wanted to kick someone or something tonight. Some dude in front of me was dressed as Where's Waldo, and I wanted to punt him down the steps after that play. WTF kind of Mickey Moue tackling was that?

- Sturgis has not been a stud with a howitzer for a leg for a few games now. I'm not even surprised. He had spells at UF where his leg seemed to go crooked. This seems to be one such spell. I hope he bounces back.

- After getting criticized for throwing too much, Sherman went the complete opposite on the first two possessions. Running every single down. I don't know if it helped at all. I think he was just giving the critics the middle finger with that playcalling.

- That safety was beautiful, and was the boost this fanbase needed. I was cursing and yelling and high-fiving and just generally relieved that we actually won a fucking game. It's a strange dichotomy, as I want the team to tank, but I refuse to not cheer my team on in person. I mean, WTF am I doing at a home game if it's not to cheer for my team? Glad we won, and hope it's the start of a legit run for the playoffs. Otherwise, I'm all aboard the tank again.

- Oh yeah...WTF with Martin sitting out with emotional distress issues? Man the fuck up, you cupcake. Can't pass protect and can't play a game because you got pranked? Cut his fat ass and let's find a real tackle to protect our franchise QB.

- Loudest cheers of the night went to Hulk Hogan, sitting next to Brooke. He did the hand to the ear thing, and got the crowd really jacked up. Then he started flexing, and the place went nuts. Really cool mark-out moment for me and other wrasslin fans. Also, John Offerdahl got inducted into the ring of honor tonight. I'm surprised Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas got in before him, because he was the anchor of that 90s defense. Great player, looks great and had an awkward joke asking his wheelchair-bound mom to stand up. LOL! Not sure what that was about. PEACE.

I loved every single letter of this post.

If I was able to come to Fins home games, I'd sit by you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom