• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 9 |OT| - Doin' It 2003 Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmdorsey

Yeah the Seahawks and Colts have the most impressive resume.

My biggest problem with the Chiefs isn't the lack of offense, we've seen teams be successful without massive offensive attacks, it's the QB's they have beaten. It reads like a list of Browns starters.

This is an interesting point and makes you wonder if their defense is kinda overrated.

Saints have been the best team when Graham is not a gimp.

From what I've seen I think the Saints O-Line could be a liability against teams with a good front, but that damn Sean Peyton is hands the down the best play caller in the league which always makes the Saints scary and threat.

cajunator

Banned
No way is it the Saints. That abortion against the Pats disqualifies them. How you give a team 3 possessions in the final 3 minutes will never be known.

because of aforementioned Oline. Put Brady behind that Oline and he would be a blubbering vagina. Oh wait sorry more of a blubbering vagina.

tmdorsey

People have been saying it for weeks now, but they come out with the win so it is what it is.

Oh yeah definitely the win is all that matters, but it just makes you wonder how they are going to fair against teams with better QBs. The games against the Broncos will tell us what we need to know about the Cheifs as a whole.

because of aforementioned Oline. Put Brady behind that Oline and he would be a blubbering vagina. Oh wait sorry more of a blubbering vagina.

Oh I agree completely. I have Brees on my fantasy team so I have made a point to watch at least parts of all Saints games, and there are guys in his face every play. Saints D is much improved, and Brees is still a top 3 QB, but they are going to have big problems in the playoffs against teams with good pass rushes.

cajunator

Banned
Oh I agree completely. I have Brees on my fantasy team so I have made a point to watch at least parts of all Saints games, and there are guys in his face every play. Saints D is much improved, and Brees is still a top 3 QB, but they are going to have big problems in the playoffs against teams with good pass rushes.

I fully agree. Young players on the ends of the Oline now and they havent gelled with the rest. JAhri has been playing gimped and Grubbs and DLP are just old. Its not the same Oline that was a beast the last few years. Last year was blamed on the defense but in reality the Oline was just as faulty. Brees is just amazingly good at avoiding pressure and still delivering a well thrown ball. Considering how short he is and he practically has to get on his toes to pass, its incredible how accurate he is.

Godslay

Banned
Oh yeah definitely the win is all that matters, but it just makes you wonder how they are going to fair against teams with better QBs. The games against the Broncos will tell us what we need to know about the Cheifs as a whole.

They still have to beat the Bills. But yeah the game in Denver should help us learn more about both teams. Next stretch of games is very interesting for the AFC West.

cajunator

Banned
:lol You are so dumb.

If the Saints run the ball it is impossible for the Pats to get the ball back. That was just an epic display of stupidity by the Saints qb and coaching staff. Even Mike Tomlin could not fuck that up.

The Saints did run the ball. Problem is it didnt pick up a first down and keep the clock running.

bionic77

The Saints did run the ball. Problem is it didnt pick up a first down and keep the clock running.
They did not run it enough. If they ran it on 2 out of 3 possessions and make sure that they don't throw incompletions on 3rd down or call retarded timeouts then the game is over.

You know it. Don't make excuses for Sean's stupidity!

Bengals went from Super Bowl contender to 2nd place AFC North team in just a 5 day span!

lol. The season played out like a typical game; unbelievable.

What is causing all these injuries? Holy shit.

cajunator

Banned
They did not run it enough. If they ran it on 2 out of 3 possessions and make sure that they don't throw incompletions on 3rd down or call retarded timeouts then the game is over.

You know it. Don't make excuses for Sean's stupidity!

Certainly not. I was probably screaming more than you were at that display of fucktardery.

bionic77

Man I can't wait for the pats to collapse and become irrelevant with the dolphins.
Its going to be hilarious to see how lifelong fans like Gata try and defend Brady when he goes up against a good defense and throws for under 50 yards. The Pats might even win and they will tell us how they would be worse off without Tammy.

Probably won't happen until the playoffs though maybe the Texans or Bills might be up to the task.

Your team should be capitalizing on a Pats team that can't score and has their best players dropping like flies or doing lifetime bids.

Hey if we can't beat a team with a good half of football it's not worth trying.

The 3 rings will help take the sting away.

You forgot the *

Its going to be hilarious to see how lifelong fans like Gata try and defend Brady when he goes up against a good defense and throws for under 50 yards. The Pats might even win and they will tell us how they would be worse off without Tammy.

Probably won't happen until the playoffs though maybe the Texans or Bills might be up to the task.

Hey we got pretty close (116 yards), it's coming sooner than later.

Godslay

Banned
Bills are going to be a trap game. I'm 2/3 on my trap game predictions so far...

If Browns could nearly pull it off, I'm sure the Bills will give them a good fight. I think Chiefs pull it out again, good thing is, one of us is going to be right. In this case I could live with being wrong!

Have a good day GAF, got some work to do.

Can't wait to see how you spin the Pats beating the Steelers.

Fox318

0ap2000000270725.jpg

Its up this week!!!!

I always did say I would take Romo as the Jets qb.

we suck, don't be afraid of us!

This should be bannable. No way can you say that the Seahawks suck. They have had a bunch of injuries and they won on the road against a division rival. Plus they only have 1 loss all year. Wait until they loss a home game at least to start saying they suck.

Bowser

Greg Bedard on Charles Johnson: http://mmqb.si.com/2013/10/31/carol...e-points-greg-bedard/?sct=hp_bf1_a5&eref=sihp

Both of Johnson’s sacks resulted from speed moves combined with the all-important handwork (the first came from the end position, the second at tackle).

“When you go on the inside, it’s mostly like third down, I’m always going to use speed there because the (interior offensive linemen) are kind of slower guys and like to jump set you and use quick hands,” Johnson said. “They don’t want you to get that momentum started, so I’m always going to use speed when I get in that three technique. I’m going to try to use that speed and then counter off of that.

“I’m always anticipating hands. That’s probably my best attribute as a pass rusher. I’m going to chop your hands, get your hands down. I don’t like cats getting their hands on me, so it’s all good.”

rando14

This should be bannable. No way can you say that the Seahawks suck. They have had a bunch of injuries and they won on the road against a division rival. Plus they only have 1 loss all year. Wait until they loss a home game at least to start saying they suck.

bannable huh? That's rough man! Didn't know football was so serious!

PS I wasn't serious

rando14

It's the most serious thing until February, then it's only about 2nd or 3rd most serious.

I'm a seattle sports fan, no one up here can put too much of their heart into their team unless they want to end up empty and soulless!

Fine not bannable. I was just hoping to set a precedent and then trick gata into breaking it and banning him. Guess I will have to come up with a new plan now.

Gata's a sneaky reptile, his trickery ended up getting poor chan banned :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom