• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 9 |OT| - Doin' It 2003 Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godslay

Banned
Broncos defense scares me though, at times they are just horribly awful.

Don't be scared. They are improving, and building chemistry. Last game was an indicator that they'll continue to grow now that most everyone is healthy and back.

If Woodyard goes out again though I think we'll see the defense that scares you again in spots. He's the brains and it's apparent when he is not around.

Got home safe, and walked the dog. I can post a bit more now.

- I was legit mad tonight. Didn't yell my regular chants of "Let's go defense" on defense or "Let's go Dolphins" on offense. Didn't sing both instances of the Dolphins Fight Song that play after each touchdown, only the first instance. It seems minute, but I just wasn't my usual, boisterous self tonight. Part of it was getting a flat tire that AAA made me wait 3 hours to get a tow, but part of it was the feeling of dread that's filled my belly since that second half at Foxboro.

- The crowd was relatively thin tonight, and I swear, the first possession of the game got cheers for the Bengals so loud that I was legitimately confused. I thought the Fins had done something I missed on some plays, because the crowd was really hot for the Bengals early. Seems like the Fins faithful took longer than usual to trickle in tonight.

- Grimes slipped at least 3 times tonight, and after the second time, I yelled, "FIX YOUR FUCKING CLEATS, JACKASS!" I don't think he heard me in 400 level, but I was heated. The first slip was forgivable, but the second and third weren't. Seemed like an obvious need for longer cleats, and I think the equipment manager dropped the fucking ball there. It didn't matter though, as he literally took the ball away from that receiver in the second half, and then took it to the house. As soon as he got past the first tackler, I started jumping up and down and yelled, "TO THE HOUSE!" This was a little awkward, as I was at the concession stand, but it got some of the fans around me pumped up, as I was talking mad shit at that point.

- Nolan Carroll came in after Patterson got injured yet a-fucking-gain, and I swear I nearly cried. Looked like we kept him at nickelback and safety, though. Or maybe my eyes are failing me and that was a #29 out there instead of a #28. Either way, Patterson leaving wasn't the worst thing to happen tonight.

- Dimes, dime and more slutty dimes. A lot of hogs tonight (must have been Cinci fans), but the best part of Halloween are the chicks dressed up as slutty _____'s. Just insert whatever you want in there, because they did it all. I suffered a severe case of wandering-eye syndrome tonight. No cure needed.

- I lost my voice again, which pretty much happens every game. I stood the entire 4th quarter and OT. I was really disappointed to see lots of "fans" leaving after the score was tied up 17-17. Trick-or-treating must be serious business. SMH. Fucking assholes shouldn't even come out if they're gonna bitch out like that. They missed a fantastic finish.

- I wonder if I made it on tv, because I did that Jags fan impression about 10 times tonight. Arms raised, looking around, shaking head. I can't tell you how many times I was baffled by play calls or whistles tonight.

- That ridiculous run by that Bungles RB might be the best rushing play of the season so far. I wanted to kick someone or something tonight. Some dude in front of me was dressed as Where's Waldo, and I wanted to punt him down the steps after that play. WTF kind of Mickey Moue tackling was that?

- Sturgis has not been a stud with a howitzer for a leg for a few games now. I'm not even surprised. He had spells at UF where his leg seemed to go crooked. This seems to be one such spell. I hope he bounces back.

- After getting criticized for throwing too much, Sherman went the complete opposite on the first two possessions. Running every single down. I don't know if it helped at all. I think he was just giving the critics the middle finger with that playcalling.

- That safety was beautiful, and was the boost this fanbase needed. I was cursing and yelling and high-fiving and just generally relieved that we actually won a fucking game. It's a strange dichotomy, as I want the team to tank, but I refuse to not cheer my team on in person. I mean, WTF am I doing at a home game if it's not to cheer for my team? Glad we won, and hope it's the start of a legit run for the playoffs. Otherwise, I'm all aboard the tank again.

- Oh yeah...WTF with Martin sitting out with emotional distress issues? Man the fuck up, you cupcake. Can't pass protect and can't play a game because you got pranked? Cut his fat ass and let's find a real tackle to protect our franchise QB.

- Loudest cheers of the night went to Hulk Hogan, sitting next to Brooke. He did the hand to the ear thing, and got the crowd really jacked up. Then he started flexing, and the place went nuts. Really cool mark-out moment for me and other wrasslin fans. Also, John Offerdahl got inducted into the ring of honor tonight. I'm surprised Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas got in before him, because he was the anchor of that 90s defense. Great player, looks great and had an awkward joke asking his wheelchair-bound mom to stand up. LOL! Not sure what that was about. PEACE.

damn that sounds awesome, can't wait to go to a dolphins game, I'm still trying to make it to jest/fins at the end of the year,

bionic77

Dalton is more Cutler than Schaub. Faulk trying too hard.
The question is can Dalton evolve into his final form for a magical playoff run the way Flacco did? I am doubtful because it seems to me he is totally dependent on Green and that seems like it will be easy to take away but in the current shit era nothing would surprise me.

Tanny just needs a real offensive line. Then we can see what he is made of. I am still impressed by his game tying drive. He needs to get in that habit of throwing away super quickly and do it more often during games. It a better to have trust in your line to do their job but you can't always have what you want in life.

eznark

Banned
26% of Dalton's completed passes have gone to Green.

29% of Cutler's completed passes have gone to Marshall.

Like I said, Cutler-esque!

bionic77

You are what your record says you
That works for casual fans.

Real fans watch the games and use their brains to analyze shit. Pats have been a good defensive team (and with injuries there is a question about whether that Is still true) led by a washed up qb that has been extremely lucky to win this many games. Most of the luck is not of their doing and they have been gifted more than half of their wins. That won't last (though it will probably continue for at least one week).

But go ahead and just look at records and QBR rankings dude!

Fox318

Why am I alone trying to bring order to that "handegg" thread.

Stupid Americans, why do you need sleep.

With the way Goodell is trying to get rid of special teams there might not be a reason to call it football anymore.

Sarcastaball is coming.

bionic77

It might rain Sunday. I hate rain games. Last time they I saw the Steelers play the Pats it was a monsoon and they turnover over the ball like 5 times and got stomped :(
We never get turnovers. Your offense might look decent against us too. We aren't that team anymore. :(

I won't be surprised to see Brady run for 50 and pass for 250 against us.

Also lost to the Browns. Didn't even get a touchdown.
They looked like crap against the Steelers too.

Godslay

Banned
I don't think you can use an abysmal Redskins team as an indicator of anything.

11th in passing yards, 10th in rushing, 8th in yards overall. 16th in ppg, averaging ~24. Denver essentially held their offense to 14 points. Not to mention forcing 5 turnovers. Whatever though, Redskins do stink as a team, 23rd defense doesn't seem to help. Held them below their average. I'll take it everytime.

So the Chiefs are the most elite team?

By record sure, dig around a bit and it certainly gets muddy.

To me, strength of schedule says otherwise. They have played complete bum teams with a combined records of 20-41. They haven't beat a single team over .500

To me wins are what matters, If the Chiefs are a fraud team, once they get into better competition they'll start losing and a new number 1 will emerge. Until then they're the best team in football.

eznark

Banned
11th in passing yards, 10th in rushing, 8th in yards overall. 16th in ppg, averaging ~24. Denver essentially held their offense to 14 points. Not to mention forcing 5 turnovers. Whatever though, Redskins do stink as a team, 23rd defense doesn't seem to help. Held them below their average. I'll take it everytime.

You're better than that. Go look at their games and production distribution. In at least three of the Redskins games the bulk of their offense (yards and points) has come in the fourth quarter when they were already put away. The Redskins are not a good offense. They put up points on a completely broken Bears defense and on the Eagles in the second half of an utter blow out. Christ even the Cowboys held them under 20 and I think you have an idea of how good that defense is.

eznark

Banned
Yeah the Seahawks and Colts have the most impressive resume.

My biggest problem with the Chiefs isn't the lack of offense, we've seen teams be successful without massive offensive attacks, it's the QB's they have beaten. It reads like a list of Browns starters.

eznark

Banned
0ap2000000270725.jpg

Godslay

Banned
You're better than that. Go look at their games and production distribution. In at least three of the Redskins games the bulk of their offense (yards and points) has come in the fourth quarter when they were already put away. The Redskins are not a good offense. They put up points on a completely broken Bears defense and on the Eagles in the second half of an utter blow out. Christ even the Cowboys held them under 20 and I think you have an idea of how good that defense is.

27 v Philly, 20 v Green Bay, 20 v Detroit, 24 v Oakland, 16 v Dallas.

Drop the Bears game, and they still held them below their average. If teams scored 21 points on the Broncos for the rest of the year, I'd take it. It's an indicator in the right direction. They are generating pressure, and turnovers. Didn't give up big plays, and got off the field. Improvement over any game I've seen so far this year.

Bowser

Broncos have destroyed the lesser teams, outside of that no

Must not have read the other posts:

Seahawks over 49ers 29-3
Colts over Seahawks 34-28
Colts over Broncos 39-33
Seahawks over Panthers 12-7

Edit: I can see the colts yes, not sold on the seachickens though.

While Seattle has looked shaky in recent weeks, you can't deny they're one of the 2 or 3 best teams in the league. The aforementioned beatdown of the 9ers, a close loss on the road to Indy, great comeback vs Houston (they were literally dead in the water). They're dealing with injury issues to the O-Line and WR corp, but once those guys get back healthy, they'll go back to blowing teams out. And they're pretty much unbeatable at home.

Godslay

Banned
I guess I was wrong about you.

So you are telling me that the defense giving up 14 points to a team that averages 21 isn't good (with the adjusted average accounting for an outlier in the Bears game). Or even an improvement over what we seen over their other games? And yes, it is 14 because 7 of those 21 came off of a pick 6.

I said it before the game, but I was worried about that one. I had kinda written that one off since I think that there were way too many.

But Geno man... that one stings. I'm legit upset about that one.

Must not have read the other posts:

Seahawks over 49ers 29-3
Colts over Seahawks 34-28
Colts over Broncos 39-33
Seahawks over Panthers 12-7

While Seattle has looked shaky in recent weeks, you can't deny they're one of the 2 or 3 best teams in the league. The aforementioned beatdown of the 9ers, a close loss on the road to Indy, great comeback vs Houston (they were literally dead in the water). They're dealing with injury issues to the O-Line and WR corp, but once those guys get back healthy, they'll go back to blowing teams out. And they're pretty much unbeatable at home.

That's the thing, only at home, on the road I don't trust that offense at all, maybe when they recover some of their guys but for now I'll put them on the maybe list. The Broncos need to fix that defense if they are going to do much of anything when it counts and we need to see how Luck preforms without Wayne. Those are the 3 strongest teams, after that it's a giant mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom