• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 9 |OT| - Doin' It 2003 Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afrikan

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m

Seattle making 11th-hour push to trade for Vikings Pro-Bowl DE Jared Allen, per multiple sources. Vikings also talking to second team.

f'it, just run it all three downs then. Seriously though a trade for a pass rusher like Allen, you would think it would be worth if you were getting big leads that would take advantage of his best assets.

but I don't see Seattle's offense taking big leads like that... I would think they would concentrate on getting Olinemen instead. Their pass rush is already great.

Teams might be forced to just commit to the run even more. Rams did a good job running the ball.

eznark

Banned
No, it was norm who did the official review after using it for a few hours. It was gross as fuck. Just turned me off to the site.

Just had a DS4 arrive at doorstep. Really like the feel of it. The L2/R2 feel great, don't need accessory triggers anymore, and the L1/R1 have nice tactile feel. The sticks are obviously improved.

Love it.
Still haven't preordered any games or anything, made the mistake of not doing that TRU 20% off deal. Hoping for a last minute deal -_-

Colasante

John Schneider is the best GM in the league. What a baller.

Although I didn't see Vikings want a 2nd or conditional 3rd for him. That's too rich for me.

Compared to PS3 controller, which I never really had a problem with, nor the 360 controller, but it does fill out the hand more. It feels really natural getting to all the buttons.
Improvement in every department
Should be able to get it working with the PS3. I might make a stop at Gamestop and see if they have any for the hell of it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
f'it, just run it all three downs then. Seriously though a trade for a pass rusher like Allen, you would think it would be worth if you were getting big leads that would take advantage of his best assets.

but I don't see Seattle's offense taking big leads like that... I would think they would concentrate on getting Olinemen instead. Their pass rush is already great.

Teams might be forced to just commit to the run even more. Rams did a good job running the ball.

And got a total of 9 points out of it. If teams want to run the ball more thats fine for Seattle.

LevelNth

Banned
Hags giving up a 2nd would leave them with 2 picks in the first two days next year and represent completely selling out for the win this year, since there is zero chance they can resign Allen with the contracts they'll have to dish next year and the following.

Hope they do it.

squicken

I thought SEA signed a bunch of pass rushers in the offseason and had Clemons coming back and Schneider was oh so smart for stockpiling a rotation of sack masters? Why do they need Allen?

LevelNth

Banned
I thought SEA signed a bunch of pass rushers in the offseason and had Clemons coming back and Schneider was oh so smart for stockpiling a rotation of sack masters? Why do they need Allen?
My guess is the injury issues with Avril, Bennett and Clemons and the fact that Irvin sucks, so he's looking for even more depth?

Only thing I can think of.

cdyhybrid

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m
On reports of Seahawks pursuing Jared Allen: Anything is possible. But SEA source say interest is vastly overblown (& have just $2M in space)

MechDX

Watt to the Seahawks for 3 first rounders, 2 second rounders and 3 third rounders.

Dre to the Niners for a first and a second.

Schaub to the Browns for a 7th

Miguel

I was on the verge of dropping Allen in my league with IDP players, but I guess I'll hold out for another few weeks

Dat awesome Steelers drafting compared to the rest of the league including the Pats...

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Whos-been-doing-the-best-job-of-drafting.html

Hate to agree with a dirty Pat* fan, but I've been saying that the Steelers drafting has been bad for awhile now. Their entire 08 class was a bust, and their lone starter from the 09 class got demoted this year. Their top pick from '10, Pouncey, is injured a lot and gets overrated IMO. He also may or may not know something about his idiot twin brother running guns with a filthy, no good, low life murdering Pat*. And their picks from '11 and '12 have been a mixed bag of decent to useless.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Watt to the Seahawks for 3 first rounders, 2 second rounders and 3 third rounders.

Dre to the Niners for a first and a second.

Schaub to the Browns for a 7th

Mech, stop trying to make Schaub to the Browns happen.

it's not going to happen.

eznark

Banned
He is not the QB the Browns want!

ku-bigpic.jpg

eznark

Banned
You could take a created QB from Madden with all stats maxed at 99 and he would still suck on the Browns

Three Browns passers have had better seasons than Tammy this year.

Passer Rating:

Tom Brady - 74.9

Brian Hoyer - 82.6
Jason Campbell - 97.8
Spencer Lanning - 158.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom