• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 9 |OT| - Doin' It 2003 Style

Status
Not open for further replies.
NFL beat reporters are trying way, way too hard. When was the last meaningful trade deadline deal? Herschel Walker? Since then what is the biggest deal? Chris fucking Chambers?

:jnc

Keep fucking that chicken, ESPN.

You're forgetting when your Bungles fleeced the Raiders with Cornhole Palmer a few years back. OK, maybe it wasn't that meaningful, only to Cinci anyway.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Josh Gordon belongs on a true Superbowl contender like the Lions, but if we don't get him its OK, it would help to have him, but we can make due without him.

Shame we won't get to see Gordon with a Top 5 QB across from Megatron.

effzee

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!

Eagles apparently very close to trading Isaac Sopoaga to the Patriots. I bet for a 6 or 7th round pick.

Bennie Logan has played just as well so makes sense for both teams.

jbug617

Banned
DT is a big need for the Pats with Wilfork done for the year and Kelly being hurt. The two rookies are playing good but need more depth.

Colasante

DT is a big need for the Pats with Wilfork done for the year and Kelly being hurt. The two rookies are playing good but need more depth.

I don't know how good he is, but I love the move on paper. They need a big nose tackle, and the other DTs need to play less snaps to keep them fresh going forward.

Confirmed. Eagles trade Isaac Sopoaga and a 6th round pick to the Patriots for a 5th round pick. I like it!

It's gonna take at least a first for the Browns to trade Gordon. Talent is too huge, even given the problems.

Nice to see a good WR in town finally. Hope Campbell can keep it going with him.

Ambient80

Tony G. confirmed as staying in Atlanta. Really sucks for him. Such a great player spending his almost certainly last year on a team that is awful this year.

I don't even care if he didn't go to KC, I wish he could have gone somewhere that would get him into the playoffs again.

Tony G. confirmed as staying in Atlanta. Really sucks for him. Such a great player spending his almost certainly last year on a team that is awful this year.

I don't even care if he didn't go to KC, I wish he could have gone somewhere that would get him into the playoffs again.

That's horrible, made all the sense in the world to ship him back to KC.

eznark

Banned
There's the trade.

siren.gif

Sucks that they talked him out of retirement and then like...just leave him on a sinking ship like that.

kris.

Banned

This sucks. Would've been nice to have him back and see him finish his career where he started.

Ambient80

Sucks that they talked him out of retirement and then like...just leave him on a sinking ship like that.

Exactly. I mean, as a KC fan I would LOVE for him to come back, but even if he went to like Denver, or GB, or anywhere that had a snowball's chance in hell at doing really well this season I would have been happy. His talent is, imo, wasted completely in Atlanta.

Hunter S.

Love the NFL's reason for ranking the Chiefs under the Broncos in power rankings.

Can't leave the Chiefs at No. 1 after they struggled all afternoon -- at home, mind you -- to beat a Cleveland team starting Jason Campbell at quarterback and Willis McGahee at tailback. Yes, Kansas City is ahead of Denver in the AFC West standings. But when the Broncos "struggle" at home, they win by three touchdowns.

Have fun playing the Bills Chiefs.

Vote Sio Moore for NFL Rookie of the Week.

Exactly. I mean, as a KC fan I would LOVE for him to come back, but even if he went to like Denver, or GB, or anywhere that had a snowball's chance in hell at doing really well this season I would have been happy. His talent is, imo, wasted completely in Atlanta.

As an Oakland Fan, I have nothing but respect for Tony G. Atlanta shoulda done the classy thing and traded him.

eznark

Banned
Worse, they paid $3.5 million to swap their 6th for the Patriots' 5th. So they essentially paid $3.5 million to move up about 15 spots or so in the draft.

Wow, I misread the deal. What a terrible organization Philadelphia is. Great move for NE I guess. It's probably a non impact move but there is potentially some value there.

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!

Eagles apparently very close to trading Isaac Sopoaga to the Patriots. I bet for a 6 or 7th round pick.

Bennie Logan has played just as well so makes sense for both teams.

I like it. Soap hasnt done anything and I would rather Logan get more snaps. Glad to see them get something for a guy that isnt doing anything for them.

Wow, I misread the deal. What a terrible organization Philadelphia is. Great move for NE I guess. It's probably a non impact move but there is potentially some value there.

So they would have been better off having him sit on the bench and not play? In the offseason the Eagles need a NT so they could switch to a 3-4. There was no way to know what would happen in the draft, or even if they could draft a NT if he would pan out. Bennie is playing well now so they no longer need Soap. Better to get something for him then let him waste away.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
He is gonna smoke so much weed.

Its Ohio man, there ain't anything else to do.

Josh Gordon belongs on a true Superbowl contender like the Lions, but if we don't get him its OK, it would help to have him, but we can make due without him.

Shame we won't get to see Gordon with a Top 5 QB across from Megatron.

None of your raggedy ass teams are getting anywhere near Gordon.

gutshot

So they would have been better off having him sit on the bench and not play? In the offseason the Eagles need a NT so they could switch to a 3-4. There was no way to know what would happen in the draft, or even if they could draft a NT if he would pan out. Bennie is playing well now so they no longer need Soap. Better to get something for him then let him waste away.

Yup. Spooky was nothing but a stop-gap veteran NT brought in to buy some time until the young guys were ready. Ideally, you'd like to pay a little less to someone like that, but if I remember correctly the market on free agent NTs this past offseason was pretty dry.

eznark

Banned

The "terrible organization" part is giving a washed up 33 year old defensive lineman $5m guaranteed.

The "terrible organization" part is giving a washed up 33 year old defensive lineman $5m guaranteed.

Oh, there was no market for NT's last offseason. I think every analyst had him as the best available. Not like they didnt have the cap room anyways.

It's an extra draft pick for a bench player. Most teams would take that.

effzee

Don't care about the money. We are in pretty good shape cap wise with or without Isaac. He was the only real option available in FA for a team looking to switch from 4-3 to 3-4.

Unfortunately it didn't work out with him but Bennie Logan and the younger guys are playing just as well. Good for Isaac too. Good locker room guy who gets to play for a possible contender and definite playoff team.

Plus with Vick not playing much at all this season, his incentive based 1 year contract becomes even less I think.

Lol, i got a buddy on Facebook who I used to work with, he's got three selfies of him in different jerseys (Saints, Jets and Chargers), and each week depending on who wins he changes it and claims he's a diehard fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom