• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 9 |OT| - Doin' It 2003 Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

On film, Cromartie said, the Patriots were doing "the same thing over and over. It's not even different formations. It's just different personnel groups. The exact same thing with different people running it." He compared the Patriots offense to his own. "This is what makes them so good. They put everybody in the quarterback's vision. He can see where everybody's gonna be. Our offense, if they run two posts, they run the other guy coming back. Mark can't see him – it's not in his vision."

these feels I know them

At practice, although Sanchez shouted "Boom!" each time he completed a pass, and although Revis made three interceptions, the play was generally ragged

ahahahhaha
----
The Jets didn't work on their 2:00 defense in the week leading up to the loss against Tebow and Denver

Opposing Tebow required extra rehearsal, meaning there would be no two-minute-drill practice for the defense, and that would prove costly.

cajunator

Banned
Joined the Wii U master race yesterday, bought the Mario bundle with the M&L Wii Remotes. Girlfriend called me a giant dork for playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the Gamepad, but whatever, I don't give no fuck!

This was an excellent decision.

Josh Gordon's car:

BX_0YJkCYAEO5ey.jpg

smh...maybe we should trade him.

I see these in line at fast food places a lot. Theres like a dozen of them in this city. Either that or the Aston Martin one.

Another other games?

I'm considering getting a Wii U, but not for a remake.

Sonic Lost world is really fun as is wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3. also Bayonetta 2 whenever the hell they decide to release it.

squicken

Overtime shouldn't be a thing in the Big 10. It works in the SEC b/c it means more good football. Not so much in the Big 10

squicken

Insider piece with a note on RG3. From Sando so figure one of the QBs is a Seahawk

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/mike-sando/post?id=2992

Two quarterbacks I spoke with early in the season struck similar chords. Like McNabb, they found it odd for Griffin to schedule so many media appearances throughout the offseason.

"He likes the lights," one of the QBs said. "I've never seen a guy do as many press conferences as he has done about this knee injury. He has got a one-hour documentary already on about his rehab. How many guys get that? Adrian Peterson came back and ran for 2,000 yards and didn't have a documentary. He started videotaping his rehab from Day 1. Had to be a plan. He was doing it himself. He had a video camera."

The other quarterback saw Griffin becoming a "polarizing" figure back in September.

"I think he is unfortunately going through a phase where any attention is good attention, and that is not the case," the QB said. "This is going to be the most interesting storyline in the league for me because there is a really good backup there, and, if RG III can't move around with confidence, I don't know who is better between those two. Robert is going from just everyone loving him to becoming polarizing."

Griffin is moving around better, but, as noted, he's not producing. He has gone from 20 touchdown passes with 5 interceptions and a 73.2 Total QBR score to 9 TDs, 8 picks and a 37.6 QBR this season.

The second QB also was interested in seeing how Griffin's relationship with coach Mike Shanahan evolved.

"That relationship is going to be interesting moving forward because the history of Shanahan, most of his quarterbacks have either been beloved in the locker room or outside," the QB said. "Even [Jay] Cutler, teammates liked him. The city did, too. Winning solves everything, but Robert needs to play a lot better or else this is going to dig himself a hole. I hate to say it, but all the things McNabb was saying, he was kind of right. There is difference between doing endorsements and holding press conferences for yourself on a daily basis. Do what you want off the field. Make money. But you don't gain anything doing the press conferences."

jbug617

Banned
Tommy Kelly is done for the year.

@AlbertBreer: Patriots announce they've placed Tommy Kelly on injured reserve. Tough blow. He practiced Wednesday and Thursday of this week.

Big blows for the Pats. Losing Wilfork, Mayo and now Kelly for the year.

Weeden killed the Browns dreams and the Steelers gave us false hope but actually they are horrible.

I think with as well as J Camp played in KC last week it gives us hope for a win at home against Ravens.

We still have Gordon, and hopefully he had a nice scare with the Blackmon suspension to not be a dumbass again.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Hope it's not too serious for coach Fox. Peyton won't miss him, though.

819240251.gif

Fucking Ben. Mike Adams is wide open in the window!

Doomsayer

Yes and yes.

Adams will be back on the line against the Pats as the Steelers are down to using rookie UDFA as backups...

wnJpg.gif

Wow, that is pretty nuts.

Didn't you have another TE... Paulson? What happened to him, granted all I remember is the fumble against the Bengals.

Patrick Smyth ‏@psmyth12 10m
Talked to Coach Fox a few minutes ago. Did not have a heart attack. Is in good spirits and undergoing additional testing at hospital.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 8m
Broncos say that John Fox did not suffer a heart attack. He was light headed. I'm told he currently is feeling fine but undergoing tests.

Was Kelly even playing decent? Dude has forever been a bum with the Raiders.

Maybe you guys can pick up Christo Bilikudi, he's a pretty decent NT. About the same level as Kelly.

Drakeon

John Fox had a heart attack according to Mort and Schefter. Is Peyton or Del Rio the new coach?

Holy shit, hope he's ok. Who's their OC now that McCoy is gone anyways?

Figure it has to be Del Rio regardless though, given he already has HC experience.

squicken

Patrick Smyth ‏@psmyth12 10m
Talked to Coach Fox a few minutes ago. Did not have a heart attack. Is in good spirits and undergoing additional testing at hospital.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 8m
Broncos say that John Fox did not suffer a heart attack. He was light headed. I'm told he currently is feeling fine but undergoing tests.

Good to hear it wasn't a heart attack

Hopefully they figure out what was wrong and I can start making my Tebow jokes

Milchjon

A writer had behind the scenes access to the 2011 Jets. Here is an excerpt. I will buy this book

http://www.mensjournal.com/magazine/print-view/how-a-football-team-falls-apart-20131018

e: You fools better at least read that except. It's far more behind the scenes than Hard Knocks. Good stuff on Schotty/Sutton/Rex

Really awesome read.

That made me go back to watch the highlights of that game.

I miss that Brady.

I do not miss that Defense.

Had they heard what happened after the game? Walking off the field, Belichick had turned to his son and said, "Thirty-seven points on the best defense in football, suck my dick."

Ahahahaha, was this widely reported back then? I either missed it or already forgot about it.

Farooq

Banned
Ratliff to da bears

Really interested to see how he plays. Given that the Cowboys deemed him not healthy enough to play this year. Or at least that is what they said to the media.
To me it seems, that he just did not want to play for the Cowboys, which is bullshit considering how much fucking money they paid him. Just add it to the list of mistakes made by Jerry Jones.

Really interested to see how he plays. Given that the Cowboys deemed him not healthy enough to play this year. Or at least that is what they said to the media.
To me it seems, that he just did not want to play for the Cowboys, which is bullshit considering how much fucking money they paid him. Just add it to the list of mistakes made by Jerry Jones.

that team with Jones as owner should have a lot more issues then they seem to have, outside of being so hot and cold on the field, there doesn't seem to be a lot of off the field issues. he seems like such a douche and the type of guy you'd hate to work so I don't know why Ratliff would have any issues with the team,

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 1h
Quail. RT @mortreport: Broncos statement says John Fox undergoing tests and under observation after feeling light-headed at CLT golf course.

Apparently Coach just started feeling these symptoms at the golf course (Quail Hollow in Charlotte where he still has a house) and they decided to take him to hospital as a precautionary thing.

No timeline on when he'll be out of the hospital, but it looks like he's OK.

Farooq

Banned
that team with Jones as owner should have a lot more issues then they seem to have, outside of being so hot and cold on the field, there doesn't seem to be a lot of off the field issues. he seems like such a douche and the type of guy you'd hate to work so I don't know why Ratliff would have any issues with the team,

I know there were heated exchanges before between Jerry and Ratliff.

But, before that I think Jerry was really good to Ratliff. I remember one story where Ratliff's Grandparents lost their lives in a house fire, and Jerry offered his private jet to Ratliff so he could reach the funeral. The comments Ratliff made after Jerry's gesture made it seem like they had a good relationship. Especially considering that in 2011, Jerry offered him a 5 year, 40 million dollar contract extension at age 30. I don't know. It is a very strange situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom