• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 9 |OT| - Doin' It 2003 Style

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think he wore a tng uniform though?

I had a friend wear that costume a few years ago and I thought it was weird. Who wants to be a TNG blue shirt? You're basically going as doctor crusher, the other doctor nobody remembers or the voyager hologram (which would be fine if it wasn't from voyager)

go red, yellow or the superior DS9-era uniform

Hey, I liked Doctor Bashir!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Possible. Seahawks were as embarassed as you could possibly get in a win last time, so even if it's the Bucs they'll be out to prove that's not how they're going to play.

Joined the Wii U master race yesterday, bought the Mario bundle with the M&L Wii Remotes. Girlfriend called me a giant dork for playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the Gamepad, but whatever, I don't give no fuck!

Joined the Wii U master race yesterday, bought the Mario bundle with the M&L Wii Remotes. Girlfriend called me a giant dork for playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the Gamepad, but whatever, I don't give no fuck!
You made a very wise decision, my friend. The Wii U is a great console. Now go get WW HD and ZombiU!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Josh Gordon's car:

BX_0YJkCYAEO5ey.jpg

smh...maybe we should trade him.

ShaneB

I had a baffling dream last night with a fair amount of inception type of layering going on.

I was dreaming about Football, and the Seahawks lost a close game to the Colts, 41-38 to some last minute trickery from Luck. And I posted about it here in the thread saying I was bummed at the lost. THEN I realized I had it all wrong, and it wasn't the Colts they played, so I had to go back and make a new post saying I got it all wrong... then I woke up from that dream, being glad I made such a silly mistake only while dreaming...
...... Then I woke from THAT dream wondering what the heck was going on.

Wacky.

Greg

I had a baffling dream last night with a fair amount of inception type of layering going on.

I was dreaming about Football, and the Seahawks lost a close game to the Colts, 41-38 to some last minute trickery from Luck. And I posted about it here in the thread saying I was bummed at the lost. THEN I realized I had it all wrong, and it wasn't the Colts they played, so I had to go back and make a new post saying I got it all wrong... then I woke up from that dream, being glad I made such a silly mistake only while dreaming...
...... Then I woke from THAT dream wondering what the heck was going on.

Wacky.
did you eat Skittles before bed?

squicken

I love what the Colts are doing this year but with out Wayne I don't see they getting far in the playoffs. They don't have anyone to replace his production.

AFC is hot poo. It's Denver and Indy as the only contenders. There's always injuries and luck of course, but I just see it as those teams. And I really have doubts about Peyton physically at the end of a long season in cold weather. I think the Colts defense and run game can be good enough to grind playoff wins. Their one flaw is they don't force turnovers, but so far, they've also been good about not turning it over

Hunter S.

AFC is hot poo. It's Denver and Indy as the only contenders. There's always injuries and luck of course, but I just see it as those teams. And I really have doubts about Peyton physically at the end of a long season in cold weather. I think the Colts defense and run game can be good enough to grind playoff wins. Their one flaw is they don't force turnovers, but so far, they've also been good about not turning it over

We're going to have some kind of annoying Baltimore-Patriots AFC championship and you will love it.

You made a very wise decision, my friend. The Wii U is a great console. Now go get WW HD and ZombiU!

The spree essentially killed my personal fun budget for the rest of 2013, but Wind Waker is definitely on my Xmas wish list after seeing a friend play his copy. ZombiU I'll find at a low price. The premise is certainly intriguing, but permadeath games intimidate me. I'm a giant pussy like that.

squicken

A writer had behind the scenes access to the 2011 Jets. Here is an excerpt. I will buy this book

http://www.mensjournal.com/magazine/print-view/how-a-football-team-falls-apart-20131018

e: You fools better at least read that except. It's far more behind the scenes than Hard Knocks. Good stuff on Schotty/Sutton/Rex

So I felt for Schottenheimer. He had a young quarterback who wasn't much better than during his rookie year. He also had three temperamental playmaking veteran receivers in Plaxico Burress, Derrick Mason, and Santonio Holmes, who all wanted the ball – a good thing, except that if Schotty played them all, as Ryan had asked him to, that meant fewer running plays and also no extra lineman to buttress his injured line. That line was a broken fence, meaning you couldn't throw deep, and if the defense knew that there was no risk of verticals, they cheated on short-route coverage. So now the receivers were feeling resentful.

Ryan, who lived for big games, walked into the team meeting and approached his lectern with purpose. He carried a wooden baseball bat roughly the size of a loblolly pine. "Bring your bat!" he told the team. "This is the game! They're pissed off. We're pissed off." Everything about Ryan was big. His voice – flat, stentorian, tinged with the one-horse-Oklahoma inflections of his forebears – was an instrument whose design predated the age of microphones. Standing beneath the media kliegs, which emphasized the astonishing whiteness of his teeth, the smooth flush of his face, the convexity of his configuration, Ryan brought to mind a Coca-Cola Belt politician planted atop the back of a flatbed truck, suit jacket flung at his feet, imparting jubilant election-week promises to the little guy.

"You want to know how to be successful in a big game?" Ryan continued. "It's all preparation. Do the little things." Bob Sutton, the linebackers' coach, leaned toward me and whispered, "Both teams will be ready. One team will be prepared." Then Ryan said, "Both teams will be ready. One team will be prepared." Sutton grinned. "I'm telepathic," he said. (Sutton occasionally helped the boss with his speechwriting.) "This," Ryan concluded, "is a bring-your-bat game." (The flourishes were all Ryan.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom