• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 9 |OT| - Doin' It 2003 Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

I apologize in advance for everyone who has to watch Falcons/Panthers tomorrow.

image.php

RBH has the avatar of forever. It fits with everything.

I now read all his posts in Mannings voice as well.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Thank you good sirs, guess it's Dallas/Minnesota for me -_-

Late games are the worst!

Bite your tongue you insolent ragamuffin.

Next you'll say you don't want primetime games!

I want to see the Browns on Sunday night, I don't even know the last time that happened...was I even a fan then?

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
No women in that crowd. Hasn't EA been in trouble for that in the past? I remember their NHL games lacking female fans.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I really like the facemask clipping through the shoulder pad. Screams next gen.

Oozer3993

Trent Truck

Trent Richardson: If you need one yard, he'll get you three. If you need seven yards, he'll get you three.

Bite your tongue you insolent ragamuffin.

Next you'll say you don't want primetime games!

I want to see the Browns on Sunday night, I don't even know the last time that happened...was I even a fan then?

I think it was a game against the Rams a couple years ago. I was at the Sunday night game against the Ravens way back when where Tim Couch got injured, Kelly Holcomb came out on the field too early and the crowd started cheering, thus ruining Tim Couch's psyche forever. Oh, and Phil Dawson recovered an onside kick! It would have been awesome, except Kelly Holcomb threw a pick in the endzone with 10 seconds left.

Yeah it's my safest pick and I don't feel good about it at all, there are only 6 of us left and this is by far the longest I've managed to survive in all the years I've been playing lol

I'm still alive. Somehow. My original strategy was "pick whoever is playing Jacksonville," but I wandered away from that, and it doesn't work this week anyway.

squicken

Sure bet at home against the Jags that week!

Yeah I've stayed around the past two years longer than I ever had in previous years just by riding the Chiefs/Jags. Was gonna go Cowboys this week but gotta bet against Tuel. I know he is Wino's boy, but his arm is a non-starter. Chiefs are going to compress the field and he can't run like their other QBs

squicken

The Texans ruined David Carr's career. It would interesting if they drafted Derek Carr to stop the cycle once and for all. Go to the source. Like the Browns could do if they draft Tim Couch's son one day

The Texans ruined David Carr's career. It would interesting if they drafted Derek Carr to stop the cycle once and for all. Go to the source. Like the Browns could do if they draft Tim Couch's son one day

Could happen, Couch still regularly attends Browns games and is a huge fan.

He better be, all that damn money he stole from us, and only one playoff season.

Godslay

Banned
probably better than Del Rio. I don't like Foxball but I think he is a very good Monday-Saturday coach. This matters for their games vs the Chiefs

e: BG pls. We know you guys won. Turn your sights to the JFF future

Glazer saying Del Rio has some family issues that make him not a slam dunk as interim. Not sure what they do. OC is first year guy. Elway? Outside coach? Peyton?

Sounds like it was going to be Gase and Del Rio splitting it up, but with the Del Rio news changes things. I'd wager it will be Gase, and if not him Studesville will take the reins. He did so right after McD was fired couple years back, so I could see him in the spot. Just taking a guess though.

Sucks about Fox. Get well soon.

Godslay

Banned
Peyton will win COTY and the MVP.

I know the perception is that he is a player coach and it's purely his offense, but it's only partially true.

To put all that on Peyton would take away from the job Gase has done. Which after McCoy seems like a considerably more effective offense.

If it was up to me honestly, I'd put Studesville at the head, and let Gase and Del Rio focus on their respective areas. No need to disrupt their work flows imo.

squicken

Sounds like it was going to be Gase and Del Rio splitting it up, but with the Del Rio news changes things. I'd wager it will be Gase, and if not him Studesville will take the reins. He did so right after McD was fired couple years back, so I could see him in the spot. Just taking a guess though.

Sucks about Fox. Get well soon.

Guess they will clear it up tomorrow. Ultimately someone has to be the one making decisions. Sucks to lose him for the two KC games. The stories from Indy were that the whole building was like a funeral after a loss b/c of Peyton. Fox seems like a guy who would be a good counter to Peyton's craziness. I'll always respect him for sticking with Tebow when the rest of them wanted to pull the plug

Godslay

Banned
Guess they will clear it up tomorrow. Ultimately someone has to be the one making decisions. Sucks to lose him for the two KC games. The stories from Indy were that the whole building was like a funeral after a loss b/c of Peyton. Fox seems like a guy who would be a good counter to Peyton's craziness. I'll always respect him for sticking with Tebow when the rest of them wanted to pull the plug

Still hearing Del Rio is the most likely guy.

Fox is a player's coach without a doubt. He does put everything into perspective from what I have seen. Not having him around is a huge loss, but health is always more important. I've complained about Foxball, but I still respect him as a coach and person. Never threw anyone under the bus the Tebow year, same as last year, and called out bs when it needed to be called out. He's a good one.

In terms of the games going forward, I'm concerned, but Fox hired good staff. Someone just needs to take the reins and lead the horse down the trail. I'm confident that they can still beat the team in front of them even with Foxy gone.

As far as the games against KC, they'll be very informative. That's all I'll say for now.

Godslay

Banned
damn fox is going to have heart surgery!? that's scary. thank god he went in and got checked out so they found this. hope he makes a quick recovery

Knew about it in the off season and postponed surgery to fix it. Deteriorated faster than expected. I believe he was actually in Carolina to schedule the surgery for February, and this happens. Serendipitous if that is true.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Knew about it in the off season and postponed surgery to fix it. Deteriorated faster than expected. I believe he was actually in Carolina to schedule the surgery for February, and this happens. Serendipitous if that is true.
Doh, sucks to see that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom