• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 9 |OT| - Doin' It 2003 Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Dat time change.

Also hah the Browns game will be on in Canada. If I didn't have Sunday Ticket I would have seen 4 of the 9 games this year.

effzee

Anyone ever use the direct tv sunday ticket record game app?

I won't be home today when the Eagles-Raiders game starts and my options are to watch it on the phone during a family gathering (might be impossible) or to record it.

Does it work well?

Milchjon

Bedard, noooooooo

Everyone, especially the rabid fans in New England, wants to know what’s wrong with the Patriots’ offense. After watching film this week, here’s my quick synopsis: they stink.

All of them.

It’s not just the receivers. It’s not just the pass or run blocking. It’s not just Tom Brady’s inaccuracy. It’s a combination of everything. Basically, there isn’t one thing they do well. It looks like the Patriots coaches think that as well, because the game plan against the Dolphins last Sunday was bare bones. The Pats won, 27-17, but there wasn’t a whole lot of motion or variety. They stuck to a few basic runs, a handful of different pass concepts.

The Patriots looked like they were saying, “We aren’t doing anything well at this point, so let’s dial it back and start from the basics.” The problem is, they couldn’t even execute that game plan. The first half was one of the worst performances I’ve seen in some time from the Patriots’ offensive line, both run and pass. Left guard Logan Mankins, normally the stalwart, struggled mightily in all phases of the game. He might be toughing out some sort of lower body injury. That said, the run blocking was much cleaner in the fourth quarter, so that may be something to build off of. Although I have no clue why the Patriots aren’t playing Stevan Ridley more. He’s by far their best running back. It’s not even close.

a9yVI5H.png

NEXT GEN BALL-GRIPPING SKILLS

Why is Bledsoe wearing #12?

bionic77

Well, not like I disagree. Still, I'm looking for reports to cheer me up.
Gotta to stick to Gata's hard hitting analysis then. Anyone with eyes can see that they are garbage.

Though there may be some positive articles about the Pats coming out today around 7:30 est. :(

Milchjon

Mich, how the fuck do you watch football?? It's on at like, 2 am

Told I was hardcore.

Being a student helps. So do 1 PM games. When I was working, I actually took a day off once or twice.

The biggest problems are my university's finals. Missed most of the last two SBs because I had exams the day after.

Anyway, I hope you found new appreciation for Wrayfield's, Dutch's and my dedication ;-)

Told I was hardcore.

Being a student helps. So do 1 PM games. When I was working, I actually took a day off once or twice.

The biggest problems are my university's finals. Missed most of the last two SBs because I had exams the day after.

Anyway, I hope you found new appreciation for Wrayfield's, Dutch's and my dedication ;-)

I do, you guys are no gata's that is for sure.

Milchjon

Well..guilty of doing that as well...I live like 40 minutes from foxboro.

But I wonder, if thats the correct thing to do if you are a new fan.

Why wouldn't it be? Of all the reasons to choose a team, that's the easiest to defend, IMO.

Although for me personally it was more about me being in love with the region for years before I started watching football.

Also, I realized reading this thread through these years that it's usually possible to guess when guys became NFL fans just by their team of choice, especially if it's not a hometown team. So I kinda stopped giving a shit :-D

Hope everything goes well for John Fox. My Dad had to have open heart surgery this summer and even under the best circumstances it's pretty scary. Fortunately he looks in good shape for his age and should recover quickly.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I think I'll watch Pacific Rim for the first time before football starts...or play games.

DECISIONS! This is what happens with the time change and waking up an hour earlier than usual.

It's the closest team to my hometown. I thought geography was the key?

Milch, I was just messing with you. If you stay loyal to the Pats through the thick and thin, you'll be a better fan than half that fan base.

Relevant anecdote: my wife and I were discussing some friends of ours yesterday, and how ridiculous I find their football allegiances were. The husband and wife each have 5-6 teams they cheer for, and they all happen to be either flavor-of-the-month winners or the most popular teams. I asked the husband who he cheers for and he said, "Notre Dame, Oregon, and Arizona State in college. The Patriots, Cardinals, and lately the Chiefs in the NFL." They're from Arizona, so two of those make sense.

Even though I want to imagine that is the exception to the rule, the truth is most football fans probably have three or four teams they cheer on. My wife's grandmother loves a dozen NFL teams, and she's totally hopped on the Chiefs bandwagon even though she's lived in Colorado for years. She says she doesn't know who she'll cheer for when the Chiefs play the Broncos (!!!), even though she's been a Chiefs fan for a grand total of four weeks. Something tells me whoever wins, her team will come out on top.

My wife says most fans are like that and that football is entertainment and I shouldn't get worked up about it. She's probably right, but damn if that isn't annoying. What ever happened to following a team in the good times and bad? I've suffered through 2.5 decades of incompetence from my team but I wouldn't trade them for anything.

The simple fact that you're a European taking the time to follow and cheer for a team makes you a great fan in my book. I follow Argentine and European football and have since a very young age, but I'm very die-hard about the AFA and very casual about European leagues. I basically follow and cheer for all the Argentine players sprinkled throughout the various leagues, to include Messi, Tevez, Mascherano, Zabaleta, di Maria, Aguero, Higuain, etc. That must make me casual as hell to a European football fan, who could easily call me out on how absurd it is.

Long write up to say: <3.

Milchjon

Milch, I was just messing with you. If you stay loyal to the Pats through the thick and thin, you'll be a better fan than half that fan base.

Relevant anecdote: my wife and I were discussing some friends of ours yesterday, and how ridiculous I find their football allegiances were. The husband and wife each have 5-6 teams they cheer for, and they all happen to be either flavor-of-the-month winners or the most popular teams. I asked the husband who he cheers for and he said, "Notre Dame, Oregon, and Arizona State in college. The Patriots, Cardinals, and lately the Chiefs in the NFL." They're from Arizona, so two of those make sense.

Even though I want to imagine that is the exception to the rule, the truth is most football fans probably have three or four teams they cheer on. My wife's grandmother loves a dozen NFL teams, and she's totally hopped on the Chiefs bandwagon even though she's lived in Colorado for years. She says she doesn't know who she'll cheer for when the Chiefs play the Broncos (!!!), even though she's been a Chiefs fan for a grand total of four weeks. Something tells me whoever wins, her team will come out on top.

My wife says most fans are like that and that football is entertainment and I shouldn't get worked up about it. She's probably right, but damn if that isn't annoying. What ever happened to following a team in the good times and bad? I've suffered through 2.5 decades of incompetence from my team but I wouldn't trade them for anything.

The simple fact that you're a European taking the time to follow and cheer for a team makes you a great fan in my book. I follow Argentine and European football and have since a very young age, but I'm very die-hard about the AFA and very casual about European leagues. I basically follow and cheer for all the Argentine players sprinkled throughout the various leagues, to include Messi, Tevez, Mascherano, Zabaleta, di Maria, Aguero, Higuain, etc. That must make me casual as hell to a European football fan, who could easily call me out on how absurd it is.

Long write up to say: <3.

European soccer fans are casuals too. How else do you explain the surge in Dortmund or Bayern fans. Even my brother who's been a die hard soccer fan since childhood cheers for Bayern (we're from southern Germany, but there are still like 4 teams that are closer) and Real. That fucker. The only reason I don't blame him as much is that the league structure of soccer sucks so bad when it comes to parity, a Freiburg or Stuttgart fan just doesn't have as much fun.

Greg

I just shot -19 (two better than my previous best) for the daily HSG tournament, and my provisional rank is only 25th

the top players in the game are wizards - I don't get how they do it

rando14

I just shot -19 (two better than my previous best) for the daily HSG tournament, and my provisional rank is only 25th

the top players in the game are wizards - I don't get how they do it

You should try your skills in real golf Gregory!

Syrinx

I predict the Bucks lose 34-10 in Seattle. Maybe a garbage time touchdown or something off a turnover. But it'll be bad. Be gentle, Hito.

Greg

You should try your skills in real golf Gregory!
never had left-handed clubs as a kid, so I blame my poor skills on having to learn with regular clubs

I even have a free 9-hole course that's 10 minutes away, but I haven't gone in years

ShaneB

never had left-handed clubs as a kid, so I blame my poor skills on having to learn with regular clubs

I even have a free 9-hole course that's 10 minutes away, but I haven't gone in years

WHAAAAAAAAT?!? I'd be there every weekend :( I miss golfing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom