• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 9 |OT| - Doin' It 2003 Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Johnathan Martin thing just keeps getting more bizarre.

Per the report, Martin specifically fears retribution from guard Richie Incognito (pictured).

Schefter detailed a situation in which Martin was intimidated by Incognito to contribute $15,000 toward a trip to Las Vegas by the team’s offensive lineman. Martin, according to Schefter, didn’t want to go and ultimately didn’t go — but he surrendered the money anyway.

If true, it’s the really rich guy example of someone stealing someone else’s lunch money.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/03/espn-martin-fears-retribution-from-incognito/

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
NFL may consider negating touchdowns for taunting penalties:

When Seahawks receiver Golden Tate began waving at Rams safety Rodney McLeod at the 25-yard line on Tate’s way to an 80-yard touchdown, the official threw the flag before Tate had even crossed the goal line. But even though Tate committed a penalty before he scored, the touchdown still counted.

Next season, a player who does the same thing may negate his own touchdown.

NFL head of officiating Dean Blandino said on NFL Network that he thinks the Competition Committee will explore changing the NFL’s taunting rules to make them more similar to the taunting rules in the NCAA. In college football, if a player commits a taunting penalty on a touchdown, the touchdown is called back and the 15-yard penalty is enforced from the spot where the taunting began.

“A lot of people felt that the touchdown shouldn’t have counted [but] a taunting foul is always treated as a dead-ball foul, meaning whatever happened during the play counts, and the foul is enforced on the next play, which would be the kickoff,” Blandino said. “In college, this action would take back the touchdown. Tate started taunting at the 25-yard line. The college rule, that’s enforced at the spot of the foul, so they’d go from a touchdown to first-and-10 at the 40, which would be a gigantic penalty. The NFL rule, it’s a dead-ball foul, it’s enforced on the kickoff. But I’m sure that’s something that the Competition Committee will look at in the offseason.”

Taking away a touchdown for taunting seems awfully harsh. Then again, there’s a simple way to avoid that happening: Don’t taunt.

cashman

Banned
All this talk about stopping taunting penalties and yet Richie Incognito will likely not be suspended over his bullshit.

MechDX

All this talk about stopping taunting penalties and yet Richie Incognito will likely not be suspended over his bullshit.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/03/espn-martin-fears-retribution-from-incognito/

Per the report, Martin specifically fears retribution from guard Richie Incognito (pictured).

Schefter detailed a situation in which Martin was intimidated by Incognito to contribute $15,000 toward a trip to Las Vegas by the team’s offensive lineman. Martin, according to Schefter, didn’t want to go and ultimately didn’t go — but he surrendered the money anyway.

If true, it’s the really rich guy example of someone stealing someone else’s lunch money.

If he is guilty of extortion he will be in huge trouble

Narag

Good, old fashioned trash talk is ok. I loved Deion Sanders back in the day but the shit tate did the other night went way overboard.

Completely forgot to watch that Tate TD earlier in the week. It's funny that the clip of it on Seahawks.com was apparently him getting scolded by Carroll for it.

Striker

Taunting over a helpless body (for instance, Trent Green) is pretty despicable, but this? It's harmless. Don't want them to taunt? Don't let them get in such a position to be a dick.

Talon

You must be a sucker for pain if you in a rush to watch our game.
I have hope, Dorsey. Anything can happen in division games!

Maybe the right side of the line actually figured out how to block!

Maybe these two numbnut Undrafted rookie linebackers learned how to stay in their damn lanes!

Maybe Roddy is magically not hurt!

Maybe Babineaux and Peters figured out how to tackle in the backfield!

Maybe!

squicken

I have hope, Dorsey. Anything can happen in division games!

Maybe the right side of the line actually figured out how to block!

Maybe these two numbnut Undrafted rookie linebackers learned how to stay in their damn lanes!

Maybe Roddy is magically not hurt!

Maybe Babineaux and Peters figured out how to tackle in the backfield!

Maybe!

Roddy is inactive bro. Glad you back btw. Sorry about NU

Greg

" No alcoholic beverages are permitted."

Well, I can see why someone would stay away.
:jnc

that wasn't a concern when I was 12

Golf is certainly a "you get what you pay for" sport, I'm just spoiled since the fees back ome were so cheap as well for a season pass compared to here in the city.
yeah, the prices definitely get up there

Taunting over a helpless body (for instance, Trent Green) is pretty despicable, but this? It's harmless. Don't want them to taunt? Don't let them get in such a position to be a dick.
exactly

sangreal

damn; going up against Colston in 2 leagues, I really hoped he would be active. Now I'll probably have to face a productive receiver

Milchjon

BYKJE3IIcAACjSA.jpg:large

The hell.

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 30m
LB Chase Blackburn, who was questionable with a foot injury, is active for #Panthers. Ditto Davis, Johnson and DWill, who were probable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom