• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 CC |OT| Holy Grail

Colasante

I never said getting into his head meant that Brown shut him down lol. I guess you guys are selectively ignoring when I've stated Gronk is one of the best I've seen.

It's just that he seemed to get very emotional towards Brown. It's a great thing when you're going against the Colts' defense (Brown's trash talk might've actually hurt us as he got destroyed), but the Hawk's has a defense that I think can back it up.

But hey, if you guys think that this so called bulletin board material is what Gronk needs to take SEA to the pits then believe in it. I'm sure having scrubs like Sergio Brown is what got them to the Superbowl!

I see what you're saying, but I guess it depends on the source of the trash talk, since not all Seahawks are created equally. If Richard Sherman said that about Gronk, I wouldn't expect Gronk to be able to make much out of it. But Jeremy Lane saying it is different. If 6'6 Gronk gets lined up against 6'0 Lane, I think Brady's going to throw it to him every time and make Lane pay.

cdyhybrid

How so? Wasnt Pats second place in lowest Fumbles, so by that line of thinking the 1st place and 3rd place might as well be suspected. the notion they been doing this for years and no one noticing this, and all of the sudden they go to the SB, and someone noticed this is just comical.

Was referring to this:

Patriots have been inconceivably lucky with fumbles since 2007.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/?p=2932

As you can see, the Patriots won their Super Bowls having a below average rate of fumbles lost given today’s average of 105 plays/game. But in 2007, something happened to propel them to a much better rate (you’ll remember, that just so happened to be the same year they went 16-0 in the regular season). But even looking at these numbers, its clear how insane the 187 number is: they are almost running 100 MORE plays without a single fumble as compared to the 2002-2006 period when they won 2 of their 3 Super Bowls.

That webpage is suspiciously unavailable now, too! Even better. Fortunately, my boy jmdajr was kind enough to rehost the image when it was posted:

kAitNSK.png

Then you fit right in with your team! Trash-talker.

It's all just talk at the end of the day! They still have to play the game.

You must really like Fox News then. So many people vouch for the lies they tell. "Number 1 cable news network!" Journalistic integrity

Except I don't have any reason to give those people vouching for FOX News any credibility. Schefter has a fantastic track record, which is why I'm willing to roll with something he's vouching for.

Eh I don't have anything to prove. I like the Pats. I can't deny that as I've grown up I've seen Sox win, Pats win, Bruins win and Celtics win. It's been easy to be a fan, but that's how it is sometimes

Yup, it's been a great time to be a Pats fan. It's fun always being relevant and in the playoffs

Yes, I am not that, sorry. ;)

BigAT

For reference, the last time the NFL hired Ted Wells for an investigation it was over 3 months before he filed his report, so don't expect anything soon.

JABEE

You are the one molesting the name of the Patriots left and right.

I do not pester!

I am an instrument of justice. I will not relent before the Patriots face their crimes against the game of football. They should be stripped (Gata :jnc) of their titles in the name of righteousness.

Spinluck

I see what you're saying, but I guess it depends on the source of the trash talk, since not all Seahawks are created equally. If Richard Sherman said that about Gronk, I wouldn't expect Gronk to be able to make much out of it. But Jeremy Lane saying it is different. If 6'6 Gronk gets lined up against 6'0 Lane, I think Brady's going to throw it to him every time and make Lane pay.

I am honestly not aware of Lane's play. But I'd imagine he'd get help if he was in Gronk.

Maybe he can on short down situations (doubt it) but it depends on the DB. Davis vs Gronk was good, Tohler vs Gronk resulted in Tom's easiest TD pass of the playoffs.

I do not pester!

I am an instrument of justice. I will not relent before the Patriots face their crimes against the game of football. They should be stripped (Gata :jnc) of their titles in the name of righteousness.

Those championships will not be removed. You fight a losing battle.

Tom Penny

Have they interviewed Jimmy Small hands yet? He might have been plotting to Tonya Harding Brady during the Colts game but I don't' want to believe that.

Caja 117

Was referring to this:

That webpage is suspiciously unavailable now, too! Even better. Fortunately, my boy jmdajr was kind enough to rehost the image when it was posted:

kAitNSK.png

I know the page you are referencing, but if you decide to just believe any sort of negative information regarding the Pats no matter how much this "analysis" seem to try to stretch (like that incredible piece of Analysis by Sal), then you just looking to hear what you want to hear, I guess you don't have any critic on Fox news followers.

Also, that graph is not just Rushing plays, and is excluding Domed teams.

NE for 2013 had more Fumbles (lost+recovered on offense) than 24 other teams in the league.

This is the biggest waste of time ever and it's overshadowing what could be one of the most exciting Super Bowls on the field in a while.

Rog is a genius for getting someone with a known grudge against the Pats to investigate it so that when his report comes back and it's fucking nothing, we can all agree that the results were legitimate and go about our lives

cdyhybrid

I know the page you are referencing, but if you decide to just believe any sort of negative information regarding the Pats no matter how much this "analysis" seem to try to stretch (like that incredible piece of Analysis by Sal), then you just looking to hear what you want to hear, I guess you don't have any critic on Fox news followers.

Also, that graph is not just Rushing plays, and is excluding Domed teams.

NE for 2013 had more Fumbles (lost+recovered on offense) than 24 other teams in the league.

That's not ESPN's QBR or whatever. It's not some arcane stat that never comes into play. It's the most basic stats in football, number of fumbles and number of snaps.

QBs and WRs/TEs can fumble too, don't see why not being only rushing plays is a problem.

They exclude dome teams because they're trying to compare teams that play in similar conditions (i.e. in weather, which can have an effect on grip on the ball).

JABEE

This is the biggest waste of time ever and it's overshadowing what could be one of the most exciting Super Bowls on the field in a while.

Rog is a genius for getting someone with a known grudge against the Pats to investigate it so that when his report comes back and it's fucking nothing, we can all agree that the results were legitimate and go about our lives

5t7rlvU.jpg

Belicheat pulling cyber attacks now too!

And Ted Wells? What a fucking stall tactic by the NFL. While Pats* balls are deflated, the league has none. They don't want anything to disturb their super bowl baby. Which, I knew they would pull this. And then sometime in the spring, they'll announce another slap on the wrist for Billy Goat and Krusty Kraft.

Tom Penny

That's not ESPN's QBR or whatever. It's not some arcane stat that never comes into play. It's the most basic stats in football, number of fumbles and number of snaps.

QBs and WRs/TEs can fumble too, don't see why not being only rushing plays is a problem.

They exclude dome teams because they're trying to compare teams that play in similar conditions (i.e. in weather, which can have an effect on grip on the ball).

How does tiny hands Alex Smith have fewer fumbles than nearly every QB in the league this year yet Jahmal Charles has like 4 fumbles and Leveon Bell has none on 90 more carries. Mysteries of the world.

Spinluck

Why did the AFC have to suck so much this year

The AFC is the NFL's answer to the NBA's Eastern Conference except we suck more.

Judging by the way things are going in Denver, the AFC West will be competitive next year. AFCN is already there, AFCE is still the Pats to lose (win or lose this SB). Although if Buffalo get a decent QB then they can be scary, and Dolphins need to be more consistent.

As far as the AFCS, it's a miracle my Colts got this far in the most competitive division in Football. We will have our work cut out for us next year. As the Titans and Jags continue to improve.

Dear Texans pls don't get a good QB. I would not be sad if Watt dominated in a Superbowl though.

NintendoGal

Ha, Seattle does make sense with that username! Well good luck it should be a good game either way :p

Born in Tacoma (unfortunately, ugh), but I don't live in WA anymore. Nintendo does have offices in CA and NY along with WA as a note. :p

Yes, that's all I'm hoping for is an entertaining game, but not one that will give me a heart attack. That's probably what we're getting though, a game too exciting that my heart WILL explode!

cdyhybrid

How does tiny hands Alex Smith have fewer fumbles than nearly every QB in the league this year yet Jahmal Charles has like 4 fumbles and Leveon Bell has none on 90 more carries. Mysteries of the world.

Alex Smith is the best QB San Fran has had since Jeff Garcia, this should be no surprise!

Caja 117

Yet you decided to point out how it affect Rushing in your own post, so we have to go by just Rsuhing then, and regardless, it still doesn't answer, that they are usually not in first place, this year they are tied with 2 other teams at 0.9 fumbles per game while the next 3 are at 1.0 per game, btw first one in the league is at 0.6 Fumble per game, an extremely high Jump of 0.3 points, when jumps are usually 0.1 points. and that team only had 6 less plays per game in this season, that team was the Vikings. we should look at the Vikings Balls...

ShaneB

Agreed. Complete bunch of nonsense as I've said before. Should be a great game, and this stuff will still get talk about during media day I am sure.

Top Bottom