• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 CC |OT| Holy Grail

cdyhybrid

Yet you decided to point out how it affect Rushing in your own post, so we have to go by just Rsuhing then, and regardless, it still doesn't answer, that they are usually not in first place, this year they are tied with 2 other teams at 0.9 fumbles per game while the next 3 are at 1.0 per game, btw first one in the league is at 0.6 Fumble per game, an extremely high Jump of 0.3 points, when jumps are usually 0.1 points. and that team only had 6 less plays per game in this season, that team was the Vikings. we should look at the Vikings Balls...

Which post are you talking about? I said it affected their fumbling rate, which is not something unique to rushing plays.

Colasante

Holy shit, this Johnny Manziel piece is scathing.

"Citing nearly 20 Browns sources, ESPN's Jeremy Fowler and Pat McManamon report Johnny Manziel exhibited a "year-long pattern" of lacking commitment and preparation to football and a "continued commitment to nightlife" during his rookie year.

One player called Manziel a "100 percent joke." Team security reportedly found Manziel "drunk off his a--" the morning before the Browns' season finale. He was fined for missing a treatment for his injured hamstring and spent the Week 17 loss to Baltimore in Cleveland's locker room. During his first NFL start, "Several sources said Manziel either didn't know the plays in the huddle or didn't call them correctly." Sources also told Fowler and McManamon that since-departed OC Kyle Shanahan preferred Jimmy Garoppolo and Tom Savage to Manziel as a 2014 draft prospect. Fowler and McManamon claim Manziel still has some "support in the (Browns') building," though it's mostly 'on the business side.'"

#MechWasRight

MechDX

Dear Texans pls don't get a good QB. I would not be sad if Watt dominated in a Superbowl though.

Bill and Tom are doing everything to win this year because they know a storm is brewing......BOB is coming and taking a Mallett to the league. No retreat, no surrender scorched earth policy. If it is in BOB's way it goes down. Fear the chin biiiiiiiiiitch!

ampere

Born in Tacoma (unfortunately, ugh), but I don't live in WA anymore. Nintendo does have offices in CA and NY along with WA as a note. :p

Yes, that's all I'm hoping for is an entertaining game, but not one that will give me a heart attack. That's probably what we're getting though, a game too exciting that my heart WILL explode!

Ah gotcha. Every recent Pats Superbowl, win or lose, has been really close so I expect a very close and intense game. Hoping to see Edelman shine now that he's a big part of the offense this time around

Bread

Banned

"Citing nearly 20 Browns sources, ESPN's Jeremy Fowler and Pat McManamon report Johnny Manziel exhibited a "year-long pattern" of lacking commitment and preparation to football and a "continued commitment to nightlife" during his rookie year.

One player called Manziel a "100 percent joke." Team security reportedly found Manziel "drunk off his a--" the morning before the Browns' season finale. He was fined for missing a treatment for his injured hamstring and spent the Week 17 loss to Baltimore in Cleveland's locker room. During his first NFL start, "Several sources said Manziel either didn't know the plays in the huddle or didn't call them correctly." Sources also told Fowler and McManamon that since-departed OC Kyle Shanahan preferred Jimmy Garoppolo and Tom Savage to Manziel as a 2014 draft prospect. Fowler and McManamon claim Manziel still has some "support in the (Browns') building," though it's mostly 'on the business side.'"

#MechWasRight
Mech :)))))))

#MechWasRight

BG pls

Defend your boo.

Syrinx

#MechWasRight

This is incredible. What a trainwreck.

#MechWasRight
Jimmy!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I read the piece and it doesn't seem that bad at all? Like I'm not sure what is so scathing other than the fact I'm glad Kyle Shanahan isn't working for the Jets.

Spinluck

Bill and Tom are doing everything to win this year because they know a storm is brewing......BOB is coming and taking a Mallett to the league. No retreat, no surrender scorched earth policy. If it is in BOB's way it goes down. Fear the chin biiiiiiiiiitch!

;__;

#MechWasRight

Manziel or Trent Truck?

ampere

I thought the Browns had a good thing going with Hoyer. I mean he's no superstar QB, but it was working pretty well and they could have improved next year with Gordon back full time.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I thought the Browns had a good thing going with Hoyer. I mean he's no superstar QB, but it was working pretty well and they could have improved next year with Gordon back full time.

Did you even watch him play the last 2 months of the season? He's a career backup that some team is going to pay a lot of money for and regret it.

Spinluck

Pats fans I have a question.

If Tom went out of the SB with a bruised fingernail, and Jimmy took his place and proceeded to torch the Hawk's going 34/41 457yds and 4TDs 0INTs.

How would you feel?

Gobias

Banned

No, we didn't.

Did that many people besides BG and squicken really think he was going to be good? I thought he was going to be trash.

I want it to be known I didn't want us to draft Manziel, Weeden, or Richardson. I should be the GM! I didn't think Manziel would be this big of a fuckup though.

#MechWasRight

got-game-of-thrones-30979012-500-641.png

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Did that many people besides BG and squicken really think he was going to be good? I thought he was going to be trash.

Are people really going to write off a guys career after a game and a half?

Manziel makes himself an easy target, a really easy target, but this shit is so stupid. I don't see anybody writing anything negative on Blake Bortles who looked Gabbert terrible this year.

Caja 117

If Tom went out of the SB with a bruised fingernail, and Jimmy took his place and proceeded to torch the Hawk's going 34/41 457yds and 4TDs 0INTs.

How would you feel?

Personally Im a Fan of the team, not to a player, So it doesn't matter who is there throwing.

Colasante

Manziel makes himself an easy target, a really easy target, but this shit is so stupid. I don't see anybody writing anything negative on Blake Bortles who looked Gabbert terrible this year.

For me, it has less to do with his play and more to do with his general attitude toward the game. I thought concerns over his partying in the offseason were overblown, but the fact that he continued partying through the season, couldn't get the playbook down, and didn't know his own play calls when he got the start in week 16 is damning. I'm not usually on Mt. Pious about stuff like this, but with the quarterback position you need to have such a hyper-focused, single-minded mentality, especially when you're at a physical disadvantage like Manziel is. If he suddenly turned his attitude around and began preparing with the dedication that Russell Wilson has, I totally think his career is salvageable, but there's no reason to think that'll happen.

How would you feel?

It'd be slightly more bittersweet, but I'd still be completely ecstatic.

Fantomex

Born in Tacoma (unfortunately, ugh), but I don't live in WA anymore. Nintendo does have offices in CA and NY along with WA as a note. :p

Yes, that's all I'm hoping for is an entertaining game, but not one that will give me a heart attack. That's probably what we're getting though, a game too exciting that my heart WILL explode!

Welcome! please don't let the trolling me and the other gorillas say get to you. We're not serious. Except Gata, he's just dumb that's all.

MechDX

Bort wasn't in Vegas snorting coke or getting fucked up drunk nights before games. He is an immature dwarf with a Napoleon complex.

Tom Penny

There isn't a long list of players in any sport that I can think of that lacked work ethic played like crap and then suddenly turned it on and became awesome.

MechDX

The suspension of Trent Richardson will allow the Colts to walk away from the 3.18 guar for 2015. His contract has strong voiding language.

Wait.....when did Trent get suspended?

How would you feel?
Quite frankly I won't be happy until Bledsoe comes out of retirement and wins the big one for us.

I'm never going to be happy.

ampere

Did you even watch him play the last 2 months of the season? He's a career backup that some team is going to pay a lot of money for and regret it.

Well it seemed to be alright at the start of the season. I'll admit I didn't watch many Browns games

How would you feel?

Bruised fingernail wow lol

Hey if Jimmy came in and stepped up big, that'd be great for Jimmy and Pats fans. I think he needs more time in the oven to heat up though

rando14

#MechWasRight

Guys you don't know how happy I am, never thought I could feel so happy :")

Ah, to be young and in love

BigAT

I was willing to write him off based off of his college career, so yes, a game and a half of some of the worst quarterbacking of the year makes me feel pretty comfortable with my assessment.

Welcome! please don't let the trolling me and the other gorillas say get to you. We're not serious. Except Gata, he's just dumb that's all.

I've been in these threads since 2012, I just don't post often until now. It took a bit to relax from the other serious fandom I've frequented in the past to realize no one is that gungho here.

Well except maybe kas.

I was willing to write him off based off of his college career, so yes, a game and a half of some of the worst quarterbacking of the year makes me feel pretty comfortable with my assessment.

Plus nobody expected Bortles to look good, and everybody laughed when he was picked #3 overall or something like that.

I am.

Never saw what the hype was about. Dude is a shrimp physically. Resorted to jump balls because he's criminally short, and doesn't appear anywhere near as smart or dedicated as Russell Wilson which makes his height even further detriment.

That's all before his don't-give-a-fuck-ness even comes into play. Guys with 10 times the work ethic flame out at QB in the NFL.

The most hilarious part about this is the Clowns passed over Bridgewater to draft him.

Top Bottom