• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 CC |OT| Holy Grail

I think Kuhn will be back. And I hope we can get Raji cheap, but I'm worried that some crazy GM out there will offer high.
Coming off the worst season of his career, Raji got injured. He is super damaged goods.

It's possible he gets more in FA but Green Bay is the best place for him to be.

If not, they'll get a replacement in the draft. Not worried about it.

Peppers production for 2014.

Worth every penny of that $8.5 million.

4Sxl1fPl.png

Who cares if we bring back Raji? He sucks. Use your fa money to sign someone better.

But more importantly, spend the whole cap on locking Cobb up.

JNA

Banned

Peppers should have been a Pro Bowler this year. Or at least, worth a consideration. He was excellent this season and went beyond our expectations. What a feeaking steal he was.

We need more players like Peppers on the D-line. :(

What's even more amazing is how athletic he still is at his age. The guy knows how to take care of himself.

I cant wait till Tramon leave honestly he dont be doing shit.. i swear casey is a better corner than him
I think Tramon is the CB version of Nick Barnett but Hayward is a slot nickel/zone corner on his best day.

The more reasonable statement would be Davon House who plays excellent press man although he's injured/banged up.

Tramon has been pretty solid, actually. He's not in 2010 form, but he's been good. Better than shields at least.

No way we bring him back though. Too old for Ted's blood.

Probably will bring back House. Hayward is excellent on the rare occasions when he's healthy, so with hhcd in the middle we should be OK on the back end.

I think that secretly everyone (maybe aside from Mech) wants the Colts to win the Super Bowl out of the teams remaining. It's inevitable that Andrew Luck will be our new overlord, I guess I just didn't expect it to happen so soon.

Yep, if the Patriots don't make the Super Bowl, I'll be rooting for the Colts. I'm very ready for Luck to assume his role as godtier of the NFL before Jimmy G turns him into Peyton 2.0. Or 3.0.

I dont even know what the version numbers mean.

Looks like a lot of good DTs on the free agent market this year. Wonder if the Patriots will pick up someone to split with Wilfork and eventually take over full time duty.

JNA

Banned
Also, Flynn will be back.

Yeah we need the real GOAT back.

In all seriousness though, I would rather take my chances with drafting a backup QB. Especially since only two QBs this draft seem to be the only ones worth of value to the teams. Maybe we could find a backup gem in the 5th or 6th round?

Yeah we need the real GOAT back.

In all seriousness though, I would rather take my chances with drafting a backup QB. Especially since only two QBs this draft seem to be the only ones worth of value to the teams. Maybe we could find a backup gem in the 5th or 6th round?
Doesn't matter. Even if we find a late round QB, he's not going to back Rodgers up week 1 unless he wins the job over Flynn and Tolzien. So you're going to bring Flynn in for camp regardless.

JNA

Banned
Doesn't matter. Even if we find a late round QB, he's not going to back Rodgers up week 1 unless he wins the job over Flynn and Tolzien. So you're going to bring Flynn in for camp regardless.

Good point.

How much does Flynn make out of curiosity?

Unless it's all Rodgers decree, I find this hard to imagine.
Why is it hard to imagine they'd re-sign their backup QB for something close to the league minimum?

Good point.

How much does Flynn make out of curiosity?
Not much. More than the league minimum, but chump change relatively speaking.

It's not like he's a hot commodity. Apart from HoFlynn mythology and knowledge of the Packers offensive system, he doesn't bring a lot to the table.

Because Flynn has been shit all year, they're putting Tolzien on the active roster, and Tolzien needs the reps.

It would be foolish to not try to develop him.
Flynn has been shit at what? Sitting on the bench? Seems like he's been kicking ass at it to me. Maybe you think Tolzien would've done better than 3 and out against the Lions? He probably would've done worse...

How will bringing Flynn back for camp impact Tolzien's "development"?

Flynn has been shit at what?

How will bringing Flynn back for camp impact Tolzien's "development"?
Limited sample size, certainly, but I was judging by pre-season and yeah his limited time.

Tolzien will get more reps in off-season and with more quality players by being the backup.

eznark

Banned
Critically important the Packers develop their fresh young 28 year old. Can't afford to waste time on the ancient 30 year old.

bionic77

Can't help but change the subject but I can't get my head around is transgender kids in high school.

I am generally pretty fucking liberal. Even though I don't like them I still think Pats fans should be allowed to buy property and marry non-Pat fans.

And I don't give a fuck about transgender or anything adults do (just give me 1 month to get used to the change for any individual I know). But the trans thing for high school shows me how old I am because I can't even wrap my head around that.

Sanjuro

Can't help but change the subject but I can't get my head around is transgender kids in high school.

I am generally pretty fucking liberal. Even though I don't like them I still think Pats fans should be allowed to buy property and marry non-Pat fans.

And I don't give a fuck about transgender or anything adults do (just give me 1 month to get used to the change for any individual I know). But the trans thing for high school shows me how old I am because I can't even wrap my head around that.

How dare you.

eznark

Banned
A more capable backup who doesn't get your RB ground down or WRs run into big hits.

What makes you think that? Flynn was far and away the better player in 2013 and throughout their respective careers.

Tolzien is an awesome coach. That's it. That's the list.

Are you kidding? Tolzien and Abbrederis together again. Rodgers might as well just retire since he'll be getting benched anyways.

Truth facts

Top Bottom