• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

NFL-GAF, we must put all of our pizza preferences aside and fight the real enemy:
GDuvPnn.jpg

RBH

http://deadspin.com/nbc-carries-nfls-water-with-pre-written-statement-on-mu-1678746476

Here is Al Michaels reading a script about Roger Goodell and the recently released Mueller Report—we have included the feed from Michaels's microphone for the minute before he reads, so you can hear him consulting with his producer and shuffling the papers of the prepared statement—and the conversation he had with Chris Collinsworth about it afterwards.

It is hard to bag on Michaels and Collinsworth too much as this was clearly something they were instructed to do by their bosses, but "at least it made it part of the national conversation, that was good" and "but I never once, in all my dealings with the commissioner, ever doubted his integrity, and I think that came out in the report as well" are especially bad looks.

2ErXLs6.png

DAsaK3S.png

Hunter S.

He would also give your team a better chance of winning a SB than current Peyton!
Yeah, but he has helped bring a lot of stars to Denver that have signed long term contracts. T.J. Ward, DeMarcus Ware, Louis Vasquez, Emmanuel Sanders, Aqib Talib and Wes Welker. I will take that, happily as fuck. Oh and Terrence Knighton. The POt Roast.

Quotient

A lot of folks (media included) talk about the bye-week rust - it certainly felt like the Patriots Defense was afflicted by it. The Ravens effortless moved the chain and scored TDs on their first 2 drives. They were able to shake off the rust for the second-half.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
Harbs needs to play some more videogames and/or watch college football

14881.jpg

https://vine.co/v/OeL6vrEBilK

also, he is going to realize he sounds like a total whiner tomorrow and probably really regret his stupid ass comments that demonstrate his lack of understanding of the rules

Spinluck

Yeah, but he has helped bring a lot of stars to Denver that have signed long term contracts. T.J. Ward, DeMarcus Ware, Louis Vasquez, Emmanuel Sanders, Aqib Talib and Wes Welker. I will take that, happily as fuck. Oh and Terrence Knighton. The POt Roast.

I am not sure what Elway is doing, but it's probably against league rules or he his paying extra out of pocket.

Either way, may the best Colts QB win today's game.

Spinluck

Were any weaknesses of the Pats exposed in this game? They honestly look really good.

Did not watch the game due to work, but I saw highlights on my phone.

MechDX

JJ has your back!

Game put us in a game of Crazy King and teamed me with two randoms vs BG, Bread and Boban. They had my team down by 30 seconds and only needed one more second of control to win the match.

They lost by one second like the thuggish bitches they are! I treated them like Watt treats mettenberger!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Flacco's desire to throw the Flacco ball is what did him in.

2nd and 5 with plenty of time to ice the game with a TD.

Flacco has a crossing route open for the first down, but decides to heave the ball into the end zone without recognizing the safety help over the top. He thought he had a great matchup against the corner with single-high coverage, but the high safety recognized exactly where Flacco was going with the ball.

It reminded me a lot of the ball Vick threw to Riley Cooper in the Wild Card round against the Packers when they went on to win the Super Bowl. Vick had Desean wide open with a chance to get out of bounds and live another play, but decided to just heave it coverage.

That's how flacco has made a living. Flacco has definitely impressed me beyond what I thoguht he was, but he's still not a great qb, and he's gone on one hell of a run as part of that fuck it chuck it club. It's easier to do these days.

I just thought the reason we lost was that our secondary was complete shit, but it was because of shenanigans!

John Harbaugh says Pats Subsitutions Deception, Illegal

Yeah it was clearly this!

Pats have sucked on defense in the first half the entire year.

They have looked like that off and on all year. At times they are so locked in. They need to let these guys get physical, not sure what was with the gameplan tonight, maybe they just didn't want to get burned deep?

Harbs needs to play some more videogames and/or watch college football

14881.jpg

https://vine.co/v/OeL6vrEBilK

also, he is going to realize he sounds like a total whiner tomorrow and probably really regret his stupid ass comments that demonstrate his lack of understanding of the rules

I honestly see this one coming back to bite him, but who the hell knows. It seems perfectly legal and acceptable from everything I've read, but whatever. Harbaughs are known to be sore losers from my experience.

Were any weaknesses of the Pats exposed in this game? They honestly look really good.

They have plenty. Really struggle to stop the run, absolutely no pass rush, an anemic offensive line, penalties galore in the secondary.

• Brady is the second best QB on their team.
  • Gronk has a crack in his game.

I know this list is a joke, but Brady put together one hell of a game outside of that pick.

So the league handed Al Michaels a script to use to talk about Goodell's lies?

this is the least surprising thing in the history of the planet. when he said that bs just about everyone in the thread commented on how much of a joke it was. goddell fucked up and passed the blame onto the "good soldier" ravens organization because why not? what is going to happen to the ravens? nothing

Someone like Seattle will run wild on them. Their run defense is fairly weak. The Beast will murder them if it ends up being Pats vs Seahawks.

Also, if you shut down their run game for a quarter, they'll abandon it entirely in favor of Brady throwing 60 passes.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Someone like Seattle will run wild on them. Their run defense is fairly weak. The Beast will murder them if it ends up being Pats vs Seahawks.

Also, if you shut down their run game for a quarter, they'll abandon it entirely in favor of Brady throwing 60 passes.

To be fair they don't have a running back worth trying and they were playing from way behind the majority of the game.

ok guys im going to be stuck at work like a chump missing the Cowboys game. Will there be a public stream online somewhere i can watch or do I have to go to the underbelly of the internet to try and find a stream somewhere

Colasante

Filed to ESPN: Bills putting finishing touches on deal that will make Rex Ryan their next HC, per sources. More on Sunday NFL Countdown.

Wow. Great hire. Can't wait for the Patriots-Bills games next year.

Wow. Great hire. Can't wait for the Patriots-Bills games next year.

Yeah. Now that Rex has a great quarterback to work with this should give the Pats some needed...

Oh...Wait...No. Their offense is going to be as bad as ever if not worse than the past two years. Rex is the inverse of McCarthy, a decent hc but is very lacking on one side of the ball.

Arc

Hahaha Rex you stupid motherfucker you only get two chances to be a head coach and you can't develop QBs for shit. They must have plans to go after a Cutler or someone.

Crisco

Banned
Panthers were lucky to be in the playoffs but the net benefit comes in the form of big game experience for a bunch of rookies and second year players. The list of holes is shorter than year's past, with LT really the only position that lacks any NFL caliber talent. Cam obviously needs (more) weapons, specifically a real slot receiver who'll catch everything on 3rd down. I think both of those concerns warrant looks at the best available FAs, everything else can be solved through the draft.

BigAT

Damn, dude won't have a 1st rd pick and Orton retired. Curious to what they'll do at QB.

If he signs on, he has amazing defensive pieces to toy with.

Seems to fit pretty well with his philosophy on the Jets of completely ignoring the offense so long as the defense was good.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Well, he got the Jets to the playoffs and with Sanchez. Besides, he was definitely the best known coach out there at the moment. We need to hold on to Schwartz now though. Doubt that will happen.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Dick Lebeau resigned from Pittsburgh

Dawg, he's 77 years old. He's a legend on both the field and on the sidelines, but he's too old to be starting somewhere new, especially with his track record as HC. He's a trap hire if ever there was one. At least as HC. He probably still has some gas in the tank as DC.

Pats have sucked on defense in the first half the entire year.

It's so weird but I'm beginning to think it's a tactic. The Pats always come out looking completely disinterested in the first half then come out blazing in the second. Either that or someone gives amazing halftime speeches in the locker room.

Top Bottom