• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

Deal's 5 years, $27.5 mil according to Mehta. Supposedly Rex will bring Greg Roman in as OC and Dennis Thurman as DC (although they're trying to keep Schwartz). Rex's first choice was the Falcons, but they never called back for a 2nd interview.

CrankyJay

Banned
Deal's 5 years, $27.5 mil according to Mehta. Supposedly Rex will bring Greg Roman in as OC and Dennis Thurman as DC. Rex's first choice was the Falcons, but they never called back for a 2nd interview.

Vic Carucci just tweeted that a high ranking source at the Bills says they have every intention of keeping Schwartz. Will be interesting.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Vic Carucci just tweeted that a high ranking source at the Bills says they have every intention of keeping Schwartz. Will be interesting.

Yeah, that's not going to work if Ryan already has his DC picked out.

Tom Penny

Still can't wrap my head around exactly how that Pats pulled off that game. The swings in that game were just crazy for both teams. They either played really good or like total shit.

eznark

Banned
I defend Ryan all the time but I really question this decision from his end. He's going from the Jets to the jets basically.

Maybe he is into bdsm as well as toe sucking.

RELAYER

Banned
Deal's 5 years, $27.5 mil according to Mehta. Supposedly Rex will bring Greg Roman in as OC and Dennis Thurman as DC (although they're trying to keep Schwartz). Rex's first choice was the Falcons, but they never called back for a 2nd interview.

Falcons are a clown organization.
We'll hire McDaniels guaranteed.

brentech

I defend Ryan all the time but I really question this decision from his end. He's going from the Jets to the jets basically.

Maybe he is into bdsm as well as toe sucking.

yeah, seems like he would have been better served taking over a team like the Falcons. Where the offense can already be in place for the most part and he can retool the defense.

weird position to put himself in with a more than questionable QB situation.

RELAYER

Banned
I wonder if Blank's mom dying had anything to do with Atlanta not calling him back for a 2nd interview yet.
Either way, I'm surprised.

eznark

Banned
yeah, seems like he would have been better served taking over a team like the Falcons. Where the offense can already be in place for the most part and he can retool the defense.

weird position to put himself in with a more than questionable QB situation.

End of the day 28m is 28m

Trey

so the Bills plug Roman in as the OC, which more than likely means the Bills will form around being a run heavy team. This is accommodating to a young QB like EJ, but you need to have the personnel upfront to even consider running that kind of offense (or any, to be realistic). Then you are probably gonna see Spiller walk, which leaves you with the oldest active running back in the league and a handful of journeymen.

That second pick is more than likely going toward whichever lineman is left on the board.

Bowser

Adam Caplan: Rex Ryan has told Jim Schwartz he would like him to stay as his DC, a source said. Schwartz has coached 3-4 before, but it has been a while.

Ricker

I will do like yesterday,go for the favorite in one and the underdog in the other...

Go Green Bay and Colts :p

(1 for 2 yesterday,Panthers lost).

RBH

Filed to ESPN: Bills putting finishing touches on deal that will make Rex Ryan their next HC, per sources. More on Sunday NFL Countdown.
Well, I sure as fuck wasn't expecting to wake up to this.

RBH

The Falcons were Rex Ryan's preferred destination, according to source, in part because of Atlanta's proximity to Clemson, where Ryan's son is a student-athlete.

Ryan had an extended interview with the Falcons on Tuesday. During the interview, a source said, owner Arthur Blank found out his mother had died. Blank put all business on hold, meaning scheduled interviews with Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin and Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles were pushed back to Friday and Saturday, respectively. There have been reports about Ryan not liking how the Falcons were dragging their feet. But Blank has every right to move at his own pace, particularly while dealing with a family tragedy.

Where the Falcons' search goes from here remains a mystery. The Falcons already interviewed Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn, Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase, former Bills coach Doug Marrone and internal candidate Keith Armstrong, along with Austin and Bowles. Blank would have to wait until Quinn, McDaniels and Gase get knocked out of the playoffs or until after the Super Bowl for second interviews with those three. But if a guy such as Bowles or Austin aced the interview, it might be wise to make a move before another team does.

Quinn is thought to be near the top of the Falcons' list, but he's been touted as the favorite to land the Jets job. McDaniels would be the ideal hire for general manager Thomas Dimitroff, based on their previous relationship working together with the Patriots.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/p...earch-to-continue-without-rex-ryan-in-the-mix

You can't announce illegibility and then snap the ball right away. It's cheating.
Lmao, trying way too hard that play was used in College football 2 months ago. Harbaugh just a sore loser, there's nothing in the rule book that prohibits this.

First time seeing you in this thread. Wonder why...

Lmao, trying way too hard that play was used in College football 2 months ago. Harbaugh just a sore loser, there's nothing in the rule book that prohibits this.

First time seeing you in this thread. Wonder why...

No need to wonder, I post in the NFL threads casually since I'm usually out at a bar when games are on.

WedgeX

Banned
Lmao, they didn't cheat. That play is perfectly legal Harbaugh just a sore loser.

iFmGxviFCKV4i.png

Top Bottom