• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

Dragon

Banned
The Pats deserved to beat the Ravens today. Flacco choked in the second half, and the Ravens secondary was exposed against Gronk. Brady made a nice throw for the go-ahead TD. I don't understand why those things can't be true while also talking about the exploits Belichick used to get his TEs and FBs open in the seam.

Also, the cheating of the early 2000s doesn't have anything to do with the Pats coming back today. It does have something to do with the way the Patriots were worshipped on the broadcast. It does have something to do with the fact that their accomplishments and records are trotted out to the viewing public without any mention to the proven, undeniable cheating that assisted the Patriots on their way to three Super Bowl titles.

As long as Belichick and Brady participate and enjoy the fanfare of those ill-gotten titles, I feel the viable and massively suppressed argument against those accomplishments deserves mention. I think that's a fair stance to take.

Frankly you've rarely been fair and there's no reason to be in this thread.

As far as the media you can no more blame Brady and Belichick for how people view them in the media than you can applaud Tim Tebow for being a great guy.

Brady and the defense played like absolute garbage tonight. And yet players like Amendola stepped up and were huge. Who fucking cares what Al Michaels says. They worship Flacco for his postseason record too.

Gotta be honest I don't understand the play call on the interception in the end zone by Flacco. Just seems amazingly dumb considering the situation.

Ravens lost cause they got Gronk'd in a different way
GRONK-Ass.jpg

JABEE

Frankly you've rarely been fair and there's no reason to be in this thread.

As far as the media you can no more blame Brady and Belichick for how people view them in the media than you can applaud Tim Tebow for being a great guy.

Brady and the defense played like absolute garbage tonight. And yet players like Amendola stepped up and were huge. Who fucking cares what Al Michaels says. They worship Flacco for his postseason record too.

Gotta be honest I don't understand the play call on the interception in the end zone by Flacco. Just seems amazingly dumb considering the situation.

Flacco's desire to throw the Flacco ball is what did him in.

2nd and 5 with plenty of time to ice the game with a TD.

Flacco has a crossing route open for the first down, but decides to heave the ball into the end zone without recognizing the safety help over the top. He thought he had a great matchup against the corner with single-high coverage, but the high safety recognized exactly where Flacco was going with the ball.

It reminded me a lot of the ball Vick threw to Riley Cooper in the Wild Card round against the Packers when they went on to win the Super Bowl. Vick had Desean wide open with a chance to get out of bounds and live another play, but decided to just heave it coverage.

JABEE

Haha I've been posting here for how long and you still don't know that I can absolutely not let ANYTHING go?

Just count yourself lucky that this isn't the Super Bowl thread. You have to work that anger out of your system before we get to the big show. Remember what happened last Super Bowl in OT?

Dragon

Banned
Dragon, why are you straight up calling people assholes?

You did it to me. Then you did it to ez.

Ez glorifies in being an asshole, I doubt he cares what I think of him. I feel bad that I called you an asshole but man you are a fucking pest sometimes lol.

Dragon

Banned
You should try marijuana and, or xanax.

Yeah I definitely get anxiety. I was a wreck for the game. Mostly because I know they have like one or two seasons left before they're utter shit.

I've tried smoking pot, does jack shit for me. Maybe I should try xanax.

Russell Wilson's career playoff passer rating is now 109.7. That ranks #1 in NFL history (min 150 pass attempts)

Actually statistically Mike Cameron was a more valuable player for Seattle over the next 4 years as a Mariner than Griffey was for Cincy. They ended up making out pretty well in that trade, and also the Randy Johnson trade, where they got Freddy Garcia and Carlos Guillen

It helped a lot that Mike Cameron was healthy during that time period! I liked him as a player though. A lot of people thought he struck out too much and missed out on all the good things he did.

Top Bottom