• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

JABEE

Oh I do. I've read a bunch of shit after the game. He's whining like a mofo. It was all legal. But you're a dumb as fuck Eagles fan who'd rather whine about the Patriots on a Saturday night than admit that they successfully overcame the Ravens and the refs tonight.

:jnc okay Dragon.

JNA

Banned
The Mariners were in rebuilding mode and traded Randy Johnson to Houston. Then after that season he signed with Arizona.

Griffey's family was in Florida (although he grew up in Cinci) and he demanded to be traded to a team closer to his family.

even though it doesn't make sense for Griffey in this case but can you imagine if he was sent to the Yankees?

He might have been big in Seattle but in New York...holy freaking shit I don't think he would be able to walk in that city without people getting down on their knees and worshipping him like a god lol.

NolbertoS

Before I head out for the night for more drunken adventures I just want to say I love all of you.

#GoHawks
#RestoreTheCaCaw2015

You're wrong we do try, we just suck at trying.

Man, wish I was getting drunk in DT Seattle. Love that city, the women, the people :p. Miss the Sonics badly :'(. And remember don't eat eat the big mint in the restroom "Roadhouse reference :p"

even though it doesn't make sense for Griffey in this case but can you imagine if he was sent to the Yankees?

He might have been big in Seattle but in New York...holy freaking shit I don't think he would be able to walk in that city without people getting down on their knees and worshipping him like a god lol.

Griffey said he'd never play for the Yankees because said they mistreated his dad when he was a player. Closest contender at that time to his home in Florida was the Braves. He basically asked for a trade from the M's because he wanted to go to a contender but that didn't work out so well.

I'm pretty sure he didn't want to play for the Yankees. He pretty much only wanted to go to Atlanta of Cincinnati which kind of fucked Seattle because they had no leverage in a trade. They got some highly regarded dudes still, but none of them ever really became stars.

Also I believe the Yankees had Bernie Williams, who while not as good as Griffey was well regarded by Yankees fans (then again they're Yankees fans).

Striker

Wilson definitely doesn't get enough credit. He's an excellent QB. However, I also really like Cam and think he's a very good player who has simply had the misfortune of being surrounded by garbage for his entire career to this point.

Quite frankly I would take either of them over Luck who I feel is the most overrated player in the NFL by a tremendous margin.
What great talents surround Andrew Luck?

JNA

Banned
Griffey said he'd never play for the Yankees because said they mistreated his dad when he was a player. Closest contender at that time to his home in Florida was the Braves. He basically asked for a trade from the M's because he wanted to go to a contender but that didn't work out so well.

I'm pretty sure he didn't want to play for the Yankees. He pretty much only wanted to go to Atlanta of Cincinnati which kind of fucked Seattle because they had no leverage in a trade. They got some highly regarded dudes still, but none of them ever really became stars.

Also I believe the Yankees had Bernie Williams, who while not as good as Griffey was well regarded by Yankees fans (then again they're Yankees fans).

Oh really? I wasn't aware of that. About his dad I mean. Good for Griffey though for sticking to his principles.

I also loved Bernie as well. He had a concert in my local area lol.

Actually statistically Mike Cameron was a more valuable player for Seattle over the next 4 years as a Mariner than Griffey was for Cincy. They ended up making out pretty well in that trade, and also the Randy Johnson trade, where they got Freddy Garcia and Carlos Guillen

Bowser

Is Shanahan gonna sign wide receivers that aren't garbage besides Benjamin?

No, that's on Gettleman. I wouldn't be opposed to spending another fist rounder on a WR (this WR class looks to be just as deep as last season's). Don't think any good OTs will be around at #25.

Just because we didn't have great players doesn't mean the play calling wasn't shit most of the year.

Slurmer

Banned
Sick pic of Benji's near TD from the owner of www.carolinahuddle.com:

B7C0aTiCQAATMk6.jpg
it boggles the mind why Shula stopped calling plays to him.

DMczaf

Actually statistically Mike Cameron was a more valuable player for Seattle over the next 4 years as a Mariner than Griffey was for Cincy. They ended up making out pretty well in that trade, and also the Randy Johnson trade, where they got Freddy Garcia and Carlos Guillen

Hey Ninja Scooter, Griffey is going into the HOF next year.

WE ARE OLD AS FUCK!

JABEE

I saw what happened when it aired live. What they did wasn't illegal. It's just a trick that works if the referees don't have time to clearly announce that a specific player is ineligible.

The official did say he was ineligible, but he only had time to point and faintly say it before the ball was snapped. The Pats relied on time and the lack of sophistication that exists when announcing an ineligible receiver to confuse Baltimore's linebackers.

Dragon

Banned
No, that's on Gettleman. I wouldn't be opposed to spending another fist rounder on a WR (this WR class looks to be just as deep as last season's). Don't think any good OTs will be around at #25.

Just because we didn't have great players doesn't mean the play calling wasn't shit most of the year.

Yeah I agree. Living here I've watched a ton of Panthers games this year. They are all over the place. I don't think Ron is a very good coach but until they have a shit season he'll be there.

They need to start and feature Stewart next year. Fuck DeAngelo.

Dragon

Banned
I saw what happened when it aired live. What they did wasn't illegal. It's just a trick that works if the referees don't have time to clearly announce that a specific player is ineligible.

The official did say he was ineligible, but he only had time to point and faintly say it before the ball was snapped. The Pats relied on time and the lack of sophistication that exists when announcing an ineligible receiver to confuse Baltimore's linebackers.

https://www.google.com/search?site=......1c..60.mobile-gws-hp..1.1.60.3.goWW0iYt8DE

JNA

Banned
Hey Ninja Scooter, Griffey is going into the HOF next year.

WE ARE OLD AS FUCK!

I don't care how unlikely it is, but I better see Griffey getting 100% of the votes.

Also I will always remember playing this game:

Ken_Griffey,_Jr.'s_Slugfest_Coverart.png

Used to play that one all the time.

I was great with Kenny Loften lol.

Bowser

Yeah I agree. Living here I've watched a ton of Panthers games this year. They are all over the place. I don't think Ron is a very good coach but until they have a shit season he'll be there.

They need to start and feature Stewart next year. Fuck DeAngelo.

DeAngelo will be a post-June 1 cap cut. He was essentially phased out of the offense over the last 6-8 weeks. He had a total of 8 touches in 2 playoff games. Stewart will be the bellcow back next season with Fozzy and Tolbert sprinkled in.

I'm not sure Ron is a good coach either, but he seems to have the players respect. I can only hope he gets better with more and more experience. But he absolutely needs to find a more competent OC. I weep knowing that Ron interviewed Hue Jackson for the vacant position two offseasons ago and ended up elevating Shula anyway.

JABEE

Thanks Chip. See ya later!

The Pats deserved to beat the Ravens today. Flacco choked in the second half, and the Ravens secondary was exposed against Gronk. Brady made a nice throw for the go-ahead TD. I don't understand why those things can't be true while also talking about the exploits Belichick used to get his TEs and FBs open in the seam.

Also, the cheating of the early 2000s doesn't have anything to do with the Pats coming back today. It does have something to do with the way the Patriots were worshipped on the broadcast. It does have something to do with the fact that their accomplishments and records are trotted out to the viewing public without any mention to the proven, undeniable cheating that assisted the Patriots on their way to three Super Bowl titles.

As long as Belichick and Brady participate and enjoy the fanfare of those ill-gotten titles, I feel the viable and massively suppressed argument against those accomplishments deserves mention. I think that's a fair stance to take.

Top Bottom