• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

oOHkrJ6.gif

I don't see indisputable evidence that the ball touched the ground. Is there an angle which shows the ball touch the ground?

Looking at this lol at the people on here saying he took three steps. Dude was falling so that doesn't matter.

Grexeno

Hmm? It's completely relevant if the ball hits the ground. That's what would cause an incompletion. Ball can move all it wants if he's in bounds and the ball doesn't touch the ground.
Uh, no. He completely lost control of the ball when he hit the ground. Incomplete pass.

Line_HTX

LOL too good.

I guess Aaron Rodgers turned into LUCKY CHLOE. DOH-HOHOHO

Does Kaspiracy mean a picture of Stafford and 5 Black Helicopters for a strafe run like MW3?

As long as it's not either the Cowboys or the Colts in the SB, I'll settle for whoever this year. Hell, I always cheer for whoever comes out of the NFC.

Prepare yourselves, you Colts people. Y'all get blown to smithereens. >:)

Bessy67

He still has it in his hand. The nose of the ball is being held down by his thumb. Who says you need to have a five finger grip?
The ball hits the ground and he lost control of it. If the gif went a second or 2 further you would see the ball come completely loose and Bryant having no hands on it. It's not a catch by the current rule, plain and simple.

Tamanon

Banned
Uh, no. He completely lost control of the ball when he hit the ground. Incomplete pass.

The ball has to touch the ground or he has to be out of bounds to be incomplete. As long as he establishes control before either of those things occur, it's complete.

The referee is stating that the ball touched the ground and bobbled.

JNA

Banned
He still has it in his hand. The nose of the ball is being held down by his thumb. Who says you need to have a five finger grip?

He did not have full control of the ball. He was assisted by the ground. The ball hit the ground before he had total control of the ball.

Grexeno

The ball has to touch the ground or he has to be out of bounds to be incomplete. As long as he establishes control before either of those things occur, it's complete.

The referee is stating that the ball touched the ground and bobbled.
Wrong. The pass can also be incomplete if the receiver loses control when he goes to the ground, which is exactly what happened here.

Top Bottom