• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

Man God

Non-Canon Member
We've been much improved against the run in the postseason from what I can tell, but for all I know, NE's front might just match really well against what we have.

I couldn't actually tell from those two games. Both teams gave up on the run. Well, Denver would run two downs, incomplete pass, then throw three times the next drive.

Bengals, well...they Bengal'd. Both teams had to throw after awhile though.

I can't wait until next week. Win or lose I'll be happy though I do expect an easy Pats win.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
This season really sucked having to see the Cowboys and Broncos win all those games. All those weekends having to see those garbage organizations celebrate and parade around. Pundits slobbering all over them.

But now it was all worthwhile. Feels good man.

you're not allowed to post in here! you're post count is far too low!

Quotient

I really didn't expect the colts to win. I wasn't surprised by how well the played first half, but i assumed they would fall-apart in the second and the Broncos with their talented roster would streak ahead for the win.

MechDX

The Broncos roster is more talented....

Not at the end of 2011. Defense was playing out of its mind and Watt was a rookie. The o line was considered the best in the league and Foster had a monster year.

He would have had Dre and Owen Daniels in his prime as receivers

effzee

Sorry but I disagree, Peyton would have literally died behind our offensive line

I feel the OLINE in Seattle is average and not as bad as Seahawks fans make it out to be.

Lynch seems to be doing fine and a lot of time Russel gets in trouble its because he holds on to the ball, has to scamble, and then finds the open guy.

I don't know how Manning would have done but he sure as hell would be getting the ball out much faster. To who I don't know.

There's nothing to debate. Seattle is the only team in the league with more talent than Denver the last 2 years.
Talent only gets you so far when you consistently choke. It's not just Peyton. How many times does D-Thomas when a receiver gets physical with him? When Decker was on the team how many big passes would he just inexplicably drop? The defense always finds way to get penalized and extend drives, and there almost always is a turnover bound to happen at some point with them. People think this whole choking narrative began with Manning, but it's been a Denver staple for a long LONG time. It was only when TD showed up that they finally managed to do something. Heck, when its put like that, maybe Peytong Manning really is the quarterback the Denver Broncos deserve...

Tom Penny

Talent only gets you so far when you consistently choke. It's not just Peyton. How many times does D-Thomas when a receiver gets physical with him? When Decker was on the team how many big passes would he just inexplicably drop? The defense always finds way to get penalized and extend drives, and there almost always is a turnover bound to happen at some point with them. People think this whole choking narrative began with Manning, but it's been a Denver staple for a long LONG time. It was only when TD showed up that they finally managed to do something. Heck, when its put like that, maybe Peytong Manning really is the quarterback the Denver Broncos deserve...

What's all this irrelevant gibberish you are spewing. You said you'd debate Houston is more talented. They aren't.

rando14

I feel the OLINE in Seattle is average and not as bad as Seahawks fans make it out to be.

Lynch seems to be doing fine and a lot of time Russel gets in trouble its because he holds on to the ball, has to scamble, and then finds the open guy.

I don't know how Manning would have done but he sure as hell would be getting the ball out much faster. To who I don't know.

SEA's offensive can run block decently and that's literally it. They get penalized a FUCK ton, and it is quite comical watching them trying to pass block.

Read it and weep laugh:

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo
Peyton Manning was pressured on an NFL-low 13% of dropbacks this season.

Russell Wilson was pressured the most often (40% of dropbacks).

How bad would Denver have been? Tebow would probably still be starting or just let go to his second team.
Tebow never would've been a good QB, but he might've achieved journeyman status in a consistent system.

Team hopping killed his career as much as his inaccurate arm did.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Tebow never would've been a good QB, but he might've achieved journeyman status in a consistent system.

Team hopping killed his career as much as his inaccurate arm did.

That's what I'm thinking, he'd have gotten at least another two years on Denver and this would either be his final year with them or his first year as a wandering prophet.

watershed

Banned

Russ holds the ball often times because our receivers aren't getting separation fast enough. The O-line is bad at pass protection but very good at run blocking. Manning would have been killed in Seattle. We need a mobile qb in order to succeed in our passing game. The scrambling is a part of our system and Manning wouldn't be able to do it.

also this

reche_caldwell_holy_shit_1_3.jpg

The worst

That's what I'm thinking, he'd have gotten at least another two years on Denver and this would either be his final year with them or his first year as a wandering prophet.
I still think they would've drafted a QB and phased Tebow out. He was doomed the moment McDaniels got caught.

SEA's offensive can run block decently and that's literally it. They get penalized a FUCK ton, and it is quite comical watching them trying to pass block.

Read it and weep laugh:
But that stat makes perfect sense since Manning gets the ball out faster than anyone in the league while Wilson is the opposite.

From last season (can't find data for this year):
20131124_120152_broncos-chart.jpg

Spinluck

I thought it was known Peyton usually gets the ball out fast as fuck?

Anyway I'm outta here, this QB comparison crap is getting lame.

Top Bottom