• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

jWILL253

Banned
Goddamn Lions fans outside of here

Anger aside, I agree with him. As the head of officiating, it is EXTREMELY FUCKING SKETCHY to be caught partying with team executives on said team's bus, in its own right. Now it looks downright malicious with how the game turned out.

If the NFL cared, they would can him yesterday. They won't, though...

MRSA

Banned
Jack Ryan was kinda okay. Wasn't what I was expecting though.

Keira Knightley.....mmmmmm........

Keira-Knightley-2012.jpg

Holy christ. Apparently in the 6 playoff games Marvin Lewis has taken the Bengals to, they've scored a combined total of 7 points in the second half.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Thought I read that the officials are allowed to use some discretion like in the case of Dez.

If a player runs onto the field of play without a helmet, that's 15 yards. The field is in play unless there is an injury timeout, from what I read. So, unless the officials arbitrarily defined the field suddenly not playable for the duration of their decision, that should have been 15 yards. But that's not a decision they technically should have been able to make.

I'm not even salty or anything, I don't give a fuck about either team, but allowing that to happen without recourse is just straight bad officiating. And it's not a good look for the game.

jWILL253

Banned
Wow, great officiating in hindsight.

Not really. If that play is called correctly:

"Holding, Defense, #59. Pass Interference, Offense, #87. Those penalties will offset. Unsportsmanlike Conduct, Defense. #88; Interfering from the sideline. 15 yard penalty, automatic 1st down!"

Anger aside, I agree with him. As the head of officiating, it is EXTREMELY FUCKING SKETCHY to be caught partying with team executives on said team's bus, in its own right. Now it looks downright malicious with how the game turned out.

If the NFL cared, they would can him yesterday. They won't, though...
Should he be partying? No. Do you think he's only doing that with the Cowboys? It's my understanding he was making the rounds to all the teams and most do some dinner or something. And how does that translate to anything that happened today? What's the logistics here. He just tells officials to make drastic reversal calls? Then why call holding on whitten that negated a TD? Why do something that would cause an uproar when you could just do nothing? It makes no sense

ISOM

"Holding, Defense, #59. Pass Interference, Offense, #87. Those penalties will offset. Unsportsmanlike Conduct, Defense. #88; Interfering from the sideline. 15 yard penalty, automatic 1st down!"

Well not great but hardly controversial. Lots of missed calls on holding by the Cowboys o-line though.

From that angle it looks like he didn't make contact though so there is no DPI. Hell it looks like every instance of contact was Pettigrew.

But to be fair, maybe if they call that penalty, we don't see one of the worst punts ever in a high importance situation.

jWILL253

Banned
Should he be partying? No. Do you think he's only doing that with the Cowboys? It's my understanding he was making the rounds to all the teams and most do some dinner or something. And how does that translate to anything that happened today? What's the logistics here. He just tells officials to make drastic reversal calls? Then why call holding on whitten that negated a TD? Why do something that would cause an uproar when you could just do nothing? It makes no sense

I never explicitly suggested that any of the bolded actually happened. But it appears that way to a lot of people right now. That's the problem. The NFL has had its integrity questioned all damn year, for various reasons. So, you'd think the NFL would be a bit more image conscious at the moment. You'd think they would go out of their way to eliminate even the slightest appearance that their integrity is compromised.

Because, simply put, no matter what actually happened inside that bus, no matter how that call was actually made tonight, the fact that there was even a story about the head of NFL officiating partying with Cowboys ownership is gonna make the whole damn game look like a jobbing.

Trey

Kas still getting under folks skin is the best, and saddest, thing to come out of this wild card weekend.

This is the playoffs thread. Take that Lion talk to the Offseason thread.

My daughter watched the game with me today, saw Matt Stafford's picture and said "he's fat". I said "just his face, sweetheart."

Larry you can be so ruthless at times lol

I'm just joking, but we need to let off of Kas. It's done. He's taking a break to blow off steam, and I don't blame him. Rough loss, and his previous arrogance was going to illicit a huge amount of face shoving. Sleep it off, brah

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No that would actually be the play of Lindley!

Just let this thought seep into your mind.

The Arizona Cardinals had weeks upon weeks to test out the QB who failed to get ahead of Lindley on the depth chart. A man who clearly could not get the job done under any circumstances and literally only brought "knowing the system" to the table.

Think how demoralizing it would be to ride the bench behind Lindley and not even get a shot at hell, he's more athletic! It shows zero faith. He must have been wretched in those practices.

Dragon

Banned
Just let this thought seep into your mind.

The Arizona Cardinals had weeks upon weeks to test out the QB who failed to get ahead of Lindley on the depth chart. A man who clearly could not get the job done under any circumstances and literally only brought "knowing the system" to the table.

Think how demoralizing it would be to ride the bench behind Lindley and not even get a shot at hell, he's more athletic! It shows zero faith. He must have been wretched in those practices.

How much worse could Thomas be? Lindley has to be one of the worst QBs in the NFL, let alone to start a playoff game. I realize no team has any depth at the position considering the current talent. I guess you have to trust Arians though considering how much he's done with the team...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
How much worse could Thomas be? Lindley has to be one of the worst QBs in the NFL, let alone to start a playoff game. I realize no team has any depth at the position considering the current talent. I guess you have to trust Arians though considering how much he's done with the team...

There's really only a few possibilities as to why they didn't even try Thomas.

1. He's hurt....but they never mentioned it and he played that one snap in the playoff game.
2. Arians done lost his mind.
3. Ownership interference believes strongly that a rookie should never start.
4. He's just that bad.

Only 4 really makes sense.

zychi

Banned
Left hand of #59 is hidden by that gif.

Better gif:

n25mqbR.gif
Is this the play Kas made a thread about?

Because if Stafford, with his "elite" arm and "elite" skills of losing to winning record teams, throws that better, his receiver isn't falling backwards trying to make a catch on the outside of a defender and contorting his whole body.

watershed

Banned
Maybe Chris Christie really is a diehard Cowboys fan, but he seems like such a hack jumping up and down at the game with Jerry Jones.

I don't understand fans that hide when their team isn't doing well. Take the shots, good and bad, otherwise you're just a fair weather ass biiiitch

Top Bottom