• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't understand fans that hide when their team isn't doing well. Take the shots, good and bad, otherwise you're just a fair weather ass biiiitch

I'd rather hop on a bandwagon than be a fair weather fan. One and done playoffs are a bitch. Your team could be the best there is but some flukes, have a bad day and the year is done.

It's why I never give the Bengals any crap for always being one and done. Making it there is hard enough.

I don't understand fans that hide when their team isn't doing well. Take the shots, good and bad, otherwise you're just a fair weather ass biiiitch

I don't hide, but there are times when you just need to take a week to get over it. Now if you gone for like 10 full months, until next year then start talking shit then yea.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I didn't listen to any sports radio/espn for about a year after 17-1. Improved my life a thousand fold but that year was already a rough one for me so that was just a horrible way to start the new year.

2003 ALCS loss to the Yankees though, that happened when I was already depressed out of my mind. Baseball has always hurt worse.

Now though? I'm fine. 2011 was bad but that only took about three days to forget about.

NINERS BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!!!!

fuck these fraud playoffs. * if the packers win anything as they have yet to beat kap. same with the seachickens (they never beat him, he beat himself)

watershed

Banned
I don't understand all this weighing of fan dedication. What's the point? I would only ever shit on a fan base if they don't show up to support their team like last year's superbowl when Metlife Stadium damn near became Century Link Field.

Really? Seems like you just wanted to pick a fight because you were bored. You enter a thread about Lions vs Cowboys to start shit talking an entire city out of the blue.

If you read the thread, someone mentioned that 12s nonsense as manufactured and I responded.

As someone that has lived and worked up here from 2012 to now and seen the change in real time to the city, I know they are bandwagon fans for the most part. At least Chichikov got it:

Like any team that gets good after years of (mostly) awfulness, there's a whole lot of bandwagoning in the Seahawks fanbase, anyone who argues otherwise is lying to themselves.

Dude, your fan base is brand new for the most part. It's ok. It happens. Just because you might not be doesn't mean the greater numbers aren't.

PM if you want to discuss further.

On a scale of 1-10 how mad are you at GB vs SEA NFC Championship Game?

how mad am i? a 0. how disgusted am i by it? an 11. i was just wishing the lions had won, then somehow, someway the lions beat the seachickens and the panthers beat the packers for a harmless NFC title game. if it is indeed the packers/seachickens then.... i don't know. i just don't know!

how mad am i? a 0. how disgusted am i by it? an 11. i was just wishing the lions had won, then somehow, someway the lions beat the seachickens and the panthers beat the packers for a harmless NFC title game. if it is indeed the packers/seachickens then.... i don't know. i just don't know!

FMT, we are "missed the playoffs loser bros" again.

Welcome!

Spinluck

Today's game was hard to watch outside of the win which I'm stoked as fuck about.

We shot ourselves in the foot on several occasions. Dropped passes, penalties, and weak redzone performance/playcalling (based Vinnygawd). We should've blown them out tbh, but that secondary made some crazy plays and we continue to fuck ourselves over.

Luck probably got the best protection he'll have for the next 16 games in his career. He made good decisions, quick accurate throws, and had amazing pocket presences throughout the game. It was great to watch, honestly his best postseason game from a QB standpoint Against a secondary with a lot of depth and takeaways at that.

The downside to all this is that teams with pass rushers will still crush Luck. He still took shots this game, more than we'd like. Run game looked alive but inconsistent. Won't be that effective against Denver's rush D. Pep is going to have to find a way to keep us on the field next week. Liked the underneath/checkdown stuff from today, but we're going to need more (left a lot of plays on the field today even with this win). I can't help but feel that unit for unit they're better in almost every way.

I just hope the game is as close as the last 2 games. Not gonna cry about injuries now (I'm gonna cry about injuries!). But we can really use Mathis! (This D-line is going to get us fuckkkkked against Manning). Our best hope is that a combination of playoff luck Manning, cold weather, noodle arm Manning, Foxball, and Luckbeard all amalgamate into something resulting in a Colts win.

Draconian

Funniest thing about the Lions/Cowboys game was Dez running on the field yelling at the ref without his helmet on. I was talking with a friend of mine earlier this year who was trying to convince me that he was different this season. He's not different; he's the same fool he's always been. At the first sign of trouble, he can't keep his composure at all and does stupid stuff. The only reason he hasn't this year until now is because the Cowboys have had a good year.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Today's game was hard to watch outside of the win which I'm stoked as fuck about.

We shot ourselves in the foot on several occasions. Dropped passes, penalties, and weak redzone performance/playcalling (based Vinnygawd). We should've blown them out tbh, but that secondary made some crazy plays and we continue to fuck ourselves over.

Luck probably got the best protection he'll have for the next 16 games in his career. He made good decisions, quick accurate throws, and had amazing pocket presences throughout the game. It was great to watch, honestly his best postseason game from a QB standpoint Against a secondary with a lot of depth and takeaways at that.

The downside to all this is that teams with pass rushers will still crush Luck. He still took shots this game, more than we'd like. Run game looked alive but inconsistent. Won't be that effective against Denver's rush D. Pep is going to have to find a way to keep us on the field next week. Liked the underneath/checkdown stuff from today, but we're going to need more (left a lot of plays on the field today even with this win). I can't help but feel that unit for unit they're better in almost every way.

I just hope the game is as close as the last 2 games. Not gonna cry about injuries now (I'm gonna cry about injuries!). But we can really use Mathis. Our best hope is that a combination of playoff luck Manning, cold weather, noodle arm Manning, Foxball, and Luckbeard all amalgamate into something resulting in a Colts win.

Look at it this way; you had absolutely no chance at all against the Pats and have played Denver close and Peyton does look wounded out there. You rolled over the Bengals who just recently rolled over the Broncos.

cdyhybrid

A Lakers fan talking shit about bandwagon fans. Now I've seen it all.

Any team that has any amount of success is going to have them, it's a fact of life. Bitching about it just means you wish your team was good enough to have bandwagon fans.

If you read the thread, someone mentioned that 12s nonsense as manufactured and I responded.

As someone that has lived and worked up here from 2012 to now and seen the change in real time to the city, I know they are bandwagon fans for the most part. At least Chichikov got it:

Dude, your fan base is brand new for the most part. It's ok. It happens. Just because you might not be doesn't mean the greater numbers aren't.

PM if you want to discuss further.

The people you're mad about are basically the soccer moms. Crying over those people are useless they don't even post here or have the intelligence to understand you're talking about them. Even I bitch about those people all the time. Go read the previous NFL threads. I get what you're saying, but I don't get why you're bringing that up. Every fan base has that random ass person... who gives a fuck. Like I said our fan base has never left. You make it sound like we are Miami Heat fans who are leaving the arena in the finals. We get new fans because we win? Well yea of course who doesn't? This isn't a Seahawk exclusive thing. It's a sport thing. Everyone from Manchester United in the EPL, to the Seahawks in the NFL, Heat in the NBA, Giants in the MLB. This is sports man. This isn't rocket science.

Then... 2 weeks later you get either Seahawk/Pats, Seahawk/Broncos or Packers/Pat, Packers/Broncos.

Must be an exciting start to your 2015!

The people you're mad about are basically the soccer moms. Crying over those people are useless they don't even post here or have the intelligence to understand you're talking about them. Even I bitch about those people all the time. Go read the previous NFL threads. I get what you're saying, but I don't get why you're bringing that up. Every fan base has that random ass person... who gives a fuck?!

Certainly not your fan base.

The more, the merrier!!!

All aboard!

FMT, we are "missed the playoffs loser bros" again.

Welcome!

reunited and it feels so good!

Then... 2 weeks later you get either Seahawk/Pats, Seahawk/Broncos or Packers/Pat, Packers/Broncos.

Must be an exciting start to your 2015!

as long as the cowboys, seahawks or packers don't win the superbowl then i am fine with anyone else! grant me this request football gods after you have taken so much over the past 4 years!

Maybe it's the gamer in me but i found this shit to be hilarious

http://inyourjocksports.com/2015/01...oclaims-no-longer-n00b-guarantees-pwn-peyton/

“Listen, we were like barely above level 10 n00bs in the first half, maybe level 30 mastering our class at best by the end of that match” Luck said describing the week 1 matchup which saw the Broncos hold off a late Colts’ comeback bid. Luck continued, “Now, we’re like warlords of Draenor level 100, and we showed that”. When a reporter pointed out that the Broncos present a much stiffer challenge than the Colts faced in a relatively low level priest-like mob led by the level 2 Andy Dalton, Luck simply responded “Lullllz Dalton lolololcopter”.

Spinluck

Look at it this way; you had absolutely no chance at all against the Pats and have played Denver close and Peyton does look wounded out there. You rolled over the Bengals who just recently rolled over the Broncos.

Football is about the match ups muh dude.

I look at it that way, and then remember that we have only best one good QB all year. And that was because we somehow got pressure on him.

Anyway, I am going to look at this for the next 30 seconds.

luckyes-0.gif

A Lakers fan talking shit about bandwagon fans. Now I've seen it all.

Any team that has any amount of success is going to have them, it's a fact of life. Bitching about it just means you wish your team was good enough to have bandwagon fans.

LOL.

Wishing my team was as good to have bandwagon fans? No, it laughing at the news coverage here trying to show the 12s as some long standing fan base that has been here, wearing jerseys with pride forever. As in outsider, it's hilarious. Seeing people (co workers, to be direct) who didn't "really watch sports" by their own admission show up this season in a new jersey asking if I saw the game yesterday. That is shit worth marveling at.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Football is about the match ups muh dude.

I look at it that way, and then remember that we have only best one good QB all year. And that was because we somehow got pressure on him.

Anyway, I am going to look at this for the next 30 seconds.

I know all that too but if you're going to pick one time to go to Denver and maybe pull out a win, it's this week. Maybe it'll be nice and cold in Denver. Maybe Peyton is donezo. Always go in thinking you can win.

cdyhybrid

LOL.

Wishing my team was as good to have bandwagon fans? No, it laughing at the news coverage here trying to show the 12s as some long standing fan base that has been here, wearing jerseys with pride forever. As in outsider, it's hilarious. Seeing people (co workers, to be direct) who didn't "really watch sports" by their own admission show up this season in a new jersey asking if I saw the game yesterday. That is shit worth marveling at.

Breh.

You root for the LAKERS. Every state west of the Mississippi (and some of them east) has a large contingent of Lakers fans who have never even stepped foot in California, much less LA.

This happens in literally every single sports city where a team has any modicum of success.

I don't have a problem with it if you're speaking out against all bandwagon fans, but focusing only on the Hawks just makes it seem like you're unable to hold the decade-plus-long L that is rooting for the Rams.

jWILL253

Banned
California sports teams in any league are the standard for bandwagoning & fair weather fandom, though. It took a CP3 trade and a slumping Lakers team for LA to realize that the Clippers exist. The only football teams with any pull are the Niners and Raiders, and those are crazy people. LA had what two football different teams who said "Fuck it" and left? Who heard of the Kings before the NHL Playoffs? Who knows about the NBA Kings? And don't get me started on the goddamn Chargers fanbase.

Breh.

You root for the LAKERS. Every state west of the Mississippi (and some of them east) has a large contingent of Lakers fans who have never even stepped foot in California, much less LA.

This happens in literally every single sports city where a team has any modicum of success.

I don't have a problem with it if you're speaking out against all bandwagon fans, but focusing only on the Hawks just makes it seem like you're unable to hold the decade-plus-long L that is rooting for the Rams.

But if those Lakers fans are bandwagon, we suck now. Why for do we still gots fans, doe?

But I still root for those Rams. My jersey ain't up in the attic. Ask your boy Wilson how much he likes that Ram pass rush.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's still mind boggling that LA lost two NFL teams. In that media market. Lakers/Dodgers or GTFO, now then forever.

Trey

LOL.

You should celebrate new sports fans, breh.

This is beyond amazing. Get fucked you troll. How is he not banned yet?

Kas never insults anyone and doesnt break rules. Pretty pathetic you calling him a troll when many people agree with him. Also pathetic how people itt send insults and say downright disgusting barbaric shit about Kas cause he loves his team. Its gotten to the point where I genuinely wonder if people itt were bullied in real life and takes their anger online because they are weak irl. Calling for someones OD and death is disgusting and should be bannable and yet youre bitching about Kas topic when he largely ignores the ridiculous comments posters like you make.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Kas never insults anyone and doesnt break rules.

This and some of the things people say to Gator also bug the crap out of me. It may all be in good fun but I wish the personal insults would get excised out of this thread. Hate the teams, not the fans.

Colasante

Let's remember the good old days when a secondary that included Julian Edelman, Matthew Slater, and this hero defeated the Ravens.

tumblr_mcs1ydJNdT1qd4usto1_1280.jpg

And let's hope that can be repeated next Saturday.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
God I hope the game isn't that close. We actually have a defense this time. Gronk is Gronking and they have no secondary.

cdyhybrid

But if those Lakers fans are bandwagon, we suck now. Why for do we still gots fans, doe?

But I still root for those Rams. My jersey ain't up in the attic. Ask your boy Wilson how much he likes that Ram pass rush.

We sucked in 2008 and still sold out the stadium, people still watched games. Husky Stadium hosted 60K+ fans on average as the football team was going 0-12. I really don't understand what point you're trying to make.

Of course people are going to be more enthusiastic when the team is doing well, and people who normally aren't into sports get caught up in the excitement surrounding a successful team. You, as a Lakers fan, should understand all of this deeply.

Just admit you enjoy bashing the Hawks, it's okay. Trying to hide it in some "I'm a true fan" stuff is lame.

And Wilson has won the division or made the playoffs every year he's been in the league, I'm pretty sure he's enjoying the current incarnation of the Rams quite a bit.

Kas never insults anyone and doesnt break rules.

*unless they're Muslim

Trey

This and some of the things people say to Gator also bug the crap out of me. It may all be in good fun but I wish the personal insults would get excised out of this thread. Hate the teams, not the fans.

Gata thrives on the attention. And trash talk is most of the fun thing about this thread. Only about a half dozen people in this community actually know football.

We sucked in 2008 and still sold out the stadium, people still watched games. Husky Stadium hosted 60K+ fans on average as the football team was going 0-12. I really don't understand what point you're trying to make.

Of course people are going to be more enthusiastic when the team is doing well, and people who normally aren't into sports get caught up in the excitement surrounding a successful team. You, as a Lakers fan, should understand all of this deeply.

Just admit you enjoy bashing the Hawks, it's okay. Trying to hide it in some "I'm a true fan" stuff is lame.

And Wilson has won the division every year he's been in the league, I'm pretty sure he's enjoying the current incarnation of the Rams quite a bit.

Yes, I am sure he gets hyped getting sacked 3 times a game playing us. I am also sure he loves playing against guys like Shaun Hill and Kellen Clemons instead of our starting QB.

Rams D shut the the Seahawks down in the first half of the last game. Problem was, Shaun Hill doesn't know how to count past 3 downs so our defense was gassed by the second half. It's all good. No excuses.

I haven't bashed the Seahawks once. Just your new money "fans".

Top Bottom