• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

Rorschach

Football is about the match ups muh dude.

I look at it that way, and then remember that we have only best one good QB all year. And that was because we somehow got pressure on him.

Yep. Bills defense destroyed Manning and Rodgers in back to back weeks, then lost to Derek Carr.

cdyhybrid

Yes, I am sure he gets hyped getting sacked 3 times a game playing us. I am also sure he loves playing against guys like Shaun Hill and Kellen Clemons instead of our starting QB.

Rams D shut the the Seahawks down in the first half of the last game. Problem was, Shaun Hill doesn't know how to count past 3 downs so our defense was gassed by the second half. It's all good. No excuses.

I haven't bashed the Seahawks once. Just your new money "fans".

With our O-line 3 sacks is a good day!

Yes, I am sure he gets hyped getting sacked 3 times a game playing us. I am also sure he loves playing against guys like Shaun Hill and Kellen Clemons instead of our starting QB.

Rams D shut the the Seahawks down in the first half of the last game. Problem was, Shaun Hill doesn't know how to count past 3 downs so our defense was gassed by the second half. It's all good. No excuses.

I haven't bashed the Seahawks once. Just your new money "fans".

Your problem, and I think it's pretty clear to everyone. It's your coworkers who you considered bandwagon fans. So how about this go talk to your co-workers instead of taking out your anger on actual Seahawks fan over the internet.

With our O-line 3 sacks is a good day!

I bet the Seahawks respect our D more than you do but hey.

Our offense on the other hand... :/

Your problem, and I think it's pretty clear to everyone. It's your coworkers who you considered bandwagon fans. So how about this go talk to your co-workers instead of taking out your anger on actual Seahawks fan over the internet.

No, it's THE GREATER MAJORITY THAT I CONSIDER BANDWAGON IN SEATTLE.

My co- workers were an example.

IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH OR SHOULD I BOLD IT TOO?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Go Broncos! Tr not to ruin my birthday this year.

3-PATS.jpg

6-DEN-ALT.jpg

Golly, Denver and Boston look an awful lot alike.

Colasante

I mean, who is anyone to say who is or is not a good or true enough fan of a sports team? Football itself is inherently meaningless and to call yourself a "fan" is as well, so to claim that any fan's appreciation of a team is somehow less than your own seems like a pointless exercise. It's all so arbitrary and you're just going to cause yourself unnecessary stress going on fanbase witch hunts, trying to determine who is a "real" fan and who is a "bandwagon" fan.

Because Sam Bradford plays like the second coming of Kurt Warner, right?

I don't know. He never plays.

But he is certainly better than Kellen Clemons and Shaun Hill, you know, they guys the Seahawks beat this and last year?

But our 3rd string QB beat the Seahawks this year though. :/

I mean, who is anyone to say who is or is not a good or true enough fan of a sports team? Football itself is inherently meaningless and to call yourself a "fan" is as well, so to claim that any fan's appreciation of a team is somehow less than your own seems like a pointless exercise. It's all so arbitrary and you're just going to cause yourself unnecessary stress going on fanbase witch hunts, trying to determine who is a "real" fan and who is a "bandwagon" fan.

I just mentioned bandwagon fans, man. New minted peeps.

Never called them good or bad.

Just new.

Trey

Football itself is inherently meaningless and to call yourself a "fan" is as well, so to claim that any fan's appreciation of a team is somehow less than your own seems like a pointless exercise.

I know what you're getting at but I never bought that "it's just a game" dismissal. Billions of dollars and trillions of man hours go into this game, and that's just the NFL.

It's no less imbued with meaning than any other form of entertainment, art piece, production, or book.

I bet the Seahawks respect our D more than you do but hey.

Our offense on the other hand... :/

You can but at this point I don't think anyone reads your crap anymore. You haven't been in the NFL thread all year and here you come out of the blue acting all buddy buddy.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=957688
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=961084

Where were you? Just go back to the new NBA forum, it's bad enough you guys got NBA-GAF nuked, now you trying to nuke NFL-GAF as well.

Yes yes the entire city of Seattle is nothing more than a bunch of band wagoners. We are terrible fans, we are only here when they win. We all vanish when Seattle team lose just like in 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985 ,1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995 etc... to 2013. But hey in 2014 we won and everyone suddenly became a Seahawk fan!

Go away man go back to basketball. Not even NBA-GAF basketball but go back to Slaent.com. You can't ruin NBA-GAF more than what you guys have already done.

Colasante

I just mentioned bandwagon fans, man. New minted peeps.

Never called them good or bad.

Just new.

Why the need for any distinction? They're people who choose to claim they are Seahawks fans... great. I'm into anyone who's into football. Why ghettoize anyone? If you want to make the claim that "new" fans who start to like a team after it has experienced success are somehow lesser, almost every fanbase besides the Lions and Browns should receive criticism. Why would a 10 year Cowboys fan whose parents became a fan of the team in the 90s be any more "acceptable' than a 10 year old Seahawks fan who became a fan because they were successful now?

I know what you're getting at but I never bought that "it's just a game" dismissal. Billions of dollars and trillions of man hours go into this game, and that's just the NFL.

It's no less imbued with meaning than any other form of entertainment, art piece, production, or book.

I mean to say that it's not like supporting a political figure, whose actions and decisions theoretically impact your life. There may be tangible reasons why someone is a fan of a sports team, say because of the revenue they bring to the city, but most reasons are meaningless, which isn't meant as a negative. I'm a fan of the Patriots because of geography and family rooting interests, and some people latch onto teams because they're successful, or because they have a great player, or because they were featured in Ace Ventura... we all come to become "fans" by different avenues, so why make any avenue seem lesser than another? It's just a waste of energy trying to denigrate those fans, in my opinion.

You can but at this point I don't think anyone reads your crap anymore. You haven't been in the NFL thread all year and here you come out of the blue acting all buddy buddy.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=961084

Where were you? Just go back to the new NBA forum, it's bad enough you guys got NBA-GAF nuked, now you trying to nuke NFL-GAF as well.

Yes yes the entire city of Seattle is nothing more than a bunch of band wagoners. We are terrible fans, we are only here when they win. We all vanish when Seattle team lose just like in 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985 ,1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995 etc... to 2013. But hey in 2014 we won and everyone suddenly became a Seahawk fan!

Go away man go back to basketball. Not even NBA-GAF basketball but go back to Slaent.com. You can't ruin NBA-GAF more than what you guys have already done.

Your links are broken, pal.

Also, I never said the entire city. Just the majority of the new ones, with brand new jerseys.

Rorschach

Hey, man. Chill out. What separates the NFL thread from that abomination of a thread is that we're welcoming. That Kas thread was bound to get us some new followers. Just chillax and let it ride. Welcome, new guys!

Colasante

Uh, so, in the middle of the night it's been revealed that Stan Kroenke plans to build an NFL stadium in Inglewood. Wow.

The owner of the St. Louis Rams plans to build an NFL stadium in Inglewood, which could pave the way for the league's return to Los Angeles.

Rams owner Stan Kroenke, who bought 60 acres adjacent to the Forum a year ago, has joined forces with the owners of the 238-acre Hollywood Park site, Stockbridge Capital Group. They plan to add an 80,000-seat NFL stadium and 6,000-seat performance venue to the already-massive development of retail, office, hotel and residential space, Stockbridge and the Kroenke Group told The Times.

The announcement is the latest in more than a dozen stadium proposals that have come and gone in the meandering, two-decade effort to bring an NFL franchise back to the nation's second-largest media market. But Kroenke's move marks the first time an existing team owner has controlled a local site large enough for a stadium and parking.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-0105-nfl-la-stadium-20150105-story.html

Guys I have too many games I want to play right now. What does NFLgaf recommend I focus on?

FFX HD (about 5 hours in)
Dragon's Crown (about 2 hours in)
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (haven't started)
Pikmin 3 (haven't started)
Fire Emblem: Awakening (haven't started)

Hey, man. Chill out. What separates the NFL thread from that abomination of a thread is that we're welcoming. That Kas thread was bound to get us some new followers. Just chillax and let it ride. Welcome, new guys!

He's not new, he's been on GAF for much longer than I have been. He has a join date of 2005. That's 10 years man. He's an OG. He doesn't give a fuck about football he just here to troll and get laughs, because he's bored.

If the Rams do good you're going to see him. If they are in the basement he's going to vanish. Same goes with his Lakers. All his post is the same shit. He hates it in Kirkland WA, or wherever the fuck he lives north of Seattle, but he won't move back to L.A or wherever he's from. At least Cloudy stays around regardless of how shitty the Lakers are doing. Man Cloudy is around even when Kobe goes through shit games (which kind of happens often now).

NBA-GAF got nuked due to their stupidity, and I don't want that crap on NFL-GAF.

P.S the link are only broken on mobile you should know how those links work. They are post counts link per thread. It has always been this way.

zychi

Banned
Guys I have too many games I want to play right now. What does NFLgaf recommend I focus on?

FFX HD (about 5 hours in)
Dragon's Crown (about 2 hours in)
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (haven't started)
Pikmin 3 (haven't started)
Fire Emblem: Awakening (haven't started)
Ethan, dragons crown, pikmin 3

Play ffx then fea on the side.

He's not new, he's been on GAF for much longer than I have been. He has a join date of 2005. That's 10 years man. He's an OG. He doesn't give a fuck about football he just here to troll and get laughs, because he's bored.

If the Rams do good you're going to see him.

When the Rams beat the Seahawks this year, where was my post? The most I do is talk shit to FMT from time to time because he is cool and can take it.

If they are in the basement he's going to vanish.

If I don't care about football (like you said) and I am never here (like you said) how can I vanish?

Same goes with his Lakers. All his post is the same shit.

The thread died when Black Ace and the fun regulars left.

He hates it in Kirkland WA, or wherever the fuck he lives north of Seattle, but he won't move back to L.A or wherever he's from.

I love my job. City is a byproduct. I am not in Kirkland but man this is scary...

At least Cloudy stays around regardless of how shitty the Lakers are doing. Man Cloudy is around even when Kobe goes through shit games (which kind of happens often now).

Thread is a zombie now compared to its heyday. I haven't been there in a long while, I admit it.

Scary how much you think you know about me. I know nothing about you.

Stop stalking my posts.

I am gone.

Rorschach

NBA-GAF got nuked due to their stupidity, and I don't want that crap on NFL-GAF.

They got nuked partly for doing what you're doing right now. And I meant new to the NFL thread, not to the forum. If he came in here to get a rise out of someone, then he succeeded by grabbing your attention.

This string is mucking up a thread that should be about the joy of watching the Patriots fail and/or kasuh cry.

Put an hour into the Vanishing of Ethan Carter. Couldn't figure out the puzzle where
you had to enter every room of a house
so I moved on. Did finish the mystery of
the murder of the large bald guy at the cemetery
before stopping.

Milchjon

So many cunty teams remaining.

Acceptability ranking:
Pats>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cowboys>Panthers>Colts.

Rest can fuck right off.

Top Bottom