• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

eznark

Banned
iboTXbNPy4jgta.gif

79JDE.gif

w3voF.jpg

sSNgZ.gif

untitled-3ovcmd.gif

MARION-BARBER-FLIP.gif

original.gif

iA5rIC4nIYT7i.gif

iNAdhtEqu1L2.gif

VJnCO.gif

GO PACK GO

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You forgot Aaron Rodgers doing Street Fighter.

They've got 7 years to perfect this alternate method of prostate examination!

Colasante

Patriots extended two absolute star players: Brandon Bolden and Patrick Chung.

I'm happy about that. Both are good on special teams and it was nice to see Chung turn his career around this season. Also worth noting that Chung (signed for 1 year, $1.1M) was the 13th safety according to PFF's rating, while TJ Ward (4 years, $23 million) was 74th of 83.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Prostate examination via Aaron Rodgers doing Street Fighter up your ass?

That's totally not how I meant my post to come off yet the wording is 100% able to be read that way.

I have no words.

In my defense, I wouldn't mind him punching the cancer out preemptively.

Hunter S.

I'm happy about that. Both are good on special teams and it was nice to see Chung turn his career around this season. Also worth noting that Chung (signed for 1 year, $1.1M) was the 13th safety according to PFF's rating, while TJ Ward (4 years, $23 million) was 74th of 83.

Still sore about him getting Gronk I suppose.

brentech

facepalm.gif

I guess, if there is anything positive to take from this, he didn't go as far as Kas did about what he'd let Stafford do. Then post the next morning and say he was drunk and he didn't really mean it.

Colasante

Still sore about him getting Gronk I suppose.

I definitely am! But I am glad Chung has performed better than TJ Ward this season, when he was signed I didn't even think he'd make the final 53. That being said, the Chung turnaround is a Cinderella situation where I'm worried he'll turn back into a pumpkin at any moment, and it's very possible that can happen this week when he's covering one of Flacco's DPI bombs.

I definitely am! But I am glad Chung has performed better than TJ Ward this season, when he was signed I didn't even think he'd make the final 53. That being said, the Chung turnaround is a Cinderella situation where I'm worried he'll turn back into a pumpkin at any moment, and it's very possible that can happen this week when he's covering one of Flacco's DPI bombs.

Browner's gonna draw the most DPIs, but Chung will be a very close 2nd

Respect

Chung has had a good year, hopefully he keeps it going...just hope he doesn't have the authority to audible to a fake punt anymore.

bionic77

Suh's cap figure if franchised is $26 million, cry it up kas, you're not keeping Suh.
Wasn't he paid something similar this year?

How much above market is that?

He might be ok with being franchised for one year if it gets him extra 8 this year and a long term K after that.

Tom Penny

Chung has had a good year, hopefully he keeps it going...just hope he doesn't have the authority to audible to a fake punt anymore.

As long as teams aren't smart enough to put a TE on him..I'd throw at him every single time if that was the match up.

He's going to go to some shit house franchise that will grossly overpay for him, may as well be the Lions.

As if he isn't a tailor made Raider.

He might be ok with being franchised for one year if it gets him extra 8 this year and a long term K after that.

Even with the raised cap, they can't afford to keep both Fairley and Suh.

Suh's going to be on a different team at the very latest in 2016, because what the homers don't get is the Lions can afford to pay him what he feels he deserves, or they can afford the talent they need to actually compete for a ring, but they can't afford both.

BigAT

I believe his cap number was $22M and change this year. But I think $26M is basically the entirety of their cap space for next year if the cap is increased to $140M.

Realistically they would have to make some big cuts for it to be possible.

bionic77

Even with the raised cap, they can't afford to keep both Fairley and Suh.

Suh's going to be on a different team at the very latest in 2016, because what the homers don't get is the Lions can afford to pay him what he feels he deserves, or they can afford the talent they need to actually compete for a ring, but they can't afford both.
Yeah for 26 mill it seems most GMs would roll the dice in FA and the draft and hope you can get 3 elite players for that price.

I don't know. That number seems a little high for an elite qb. I can't see a lineman being worth that much. Watt is probably the only one and even then you will probably be better with a cheaper player surrounded by more talent at other positions.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
No one is dumb enough to franchise tag Sue, not even Kas. That's all bluster. The Lions fucked themselves by restructuring his deal. No way he should get more money than Watt, even though he's going to ask for it. JJ has a 6 year, $100M deal. Mario Williams has a 6 year, $96M deal. I also wouldn't give NDummy a lot of guaranteed money, just in case he gets stomped out of the league.

TheFatOne

Chung needs to thank Revis for that extension. Pats absolutely have to sign Revis to an extension. The man changes the defense, and can hide players like Chung.

MRSA

Banned
I actually think they recommend you getting your prostate checked earlier like around 30s.

That being said everyone here who has a functional penis (Gata) will probably end up with BPH.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Crisco

Banned
No amount of money paid to Kuechly would make me feel bad. That dude needs to be a Panther for life. A 4-3 middle linebacker with the range of a free safety? Watt is an amazing pass rusher but no defensive player covers more of the field than Kuechly. He's like Polamalu in his prime.

BigAT

No amount of money paid to Kuechly would make me feel bad. That dude needs to be a Panther for life. A 4-3 middle linebacker with the range of a free safety? Watt is an amazing pass rusher but no defensive player covers more of the field than Kuechly. He's like Polamalu in his prime.

They'll long term a running back instead.

MechDX

teamsanders-defense.png

Dat Pro bowl defense!

SonnyBoy

As usual, the Redskins home playoff game is during a weekday in January. LOL

However, today is different. We have a real GM!

Its-Happening-Ron-Paul-Rave-Reaction-Gif.gif

Top Bottom