• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

Dragon

Banned
No amount of money paid to Kuechly would make me feel bad. That dude needs to be a Panther for life. A 4-3 middle linebacker with the range of a free safety? Watt is an amazing pass rusher but no defensive player covers more of the field than Kuechly. He's like Polamalu in his prime.

He's one of the few linebackers who can guard Gronk too!

Who doesn't want to hug Gronk?

SonnyBoy

A real GM indeed

Yep! lol

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
At least he's committed. Season over, yet still won't post in friend Kave's offseason thread. smdh

He's scared.

Under my rule the Offseason thread has thrived due to my thuggishness.

He doesn't want to taste success, he doesn't want any of this thugnificence.

DRINK IT IN KAS!

Good thing Getts, the GM extraordinaire, can get Kuechly and Cam* both signed long-term and still keep the cap under control.

*This assumes of course that Cam doesn't take the 250M that Jerruh's going to offer him next season

I think NFL fans, especially casual "only watch on Sunday types" tend to take the GM position for granted, but having a competent man behind the scenes pulling the strings is so pivotal in keeping the on the field product to stuff.

Going from the GM-ship of Hurney to the GM-ship of Gettleman is night and day.

Mrbob

Emery was always a weird dude though. Probably why he hired Trestman and the reason Bears are in the dumpster fire they are now.

I remember how excited you were for emery and trestman

It's true. Then they ran the team into the ground. I'd rather be scared than excited. He is talking well but I have to see him do it. Hopefully he is football Theo but he has to earn that title first.

Hunter S.

Pats-Ravens fans are lucky they get to go first. The last game is the worst. You basically are thinking fuck these football teams

I definitely liked Pace talking about looking for a coach willing to adapt. Trestman was anything but that. I also got the impression he wants to get back to the basics with the Bears. A hard nosed, aggressive defense with a solid running game. He seems to have a clear vision for the team. I hope he's able to execute it.

eznark

Banned
I definitely liked Pace talking about looking for a coach willing to adapt. Trestman was anything but that. I also got the impression he wants to get back to the basics with the Bears. A hard nosed, aggressive defense with a solid running game. He seems to have a clear vision for the team. I hope he's able to execute it.

I hope they go back to the days of Lovie too

Dolphins gave up 30 QB hits and 90 hurries after LT Albert's injury, 32nd in both categories. They allowed pressure on an astonishing 32% of passing plays.

Remember when Albert got hurt and I was flipping out about the season being over? Dolphins rebuilt o-line was not too shabby considering last season but there is no way to build depth that quickly. One key jenga piece is removed and it's all over.

I knew it was bad but the stats show just how abysmal it really became. Dolphins need to keep building on the o-line with high round draft picks and quality FA's, otherwise we will have the same discussion next year.

Sanjuro

Pats-Ravens fans are lucky they get to go first. The last game is the worst. You basically are thinking fuck these football teams

Why?

I don't know if it's just me, but I think all the matchups this weekend look great. I think Packers-Cowboys might be the most fun though.

Hunter S.

Why?

I don't know if it's just me, but I think all the matchups this weekend look great. I think Packers-Cowboys might be the most fun though.
Apathy towards the other teams because your team is pending win, or loss. If a lot of the teams make the Super Bowl I will only watch Katy Perry in the Half-time show.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Out of eight teams, only two of them I don't care to see in the Super Bowl (Pats and Cowboys).

Flacco winning another ring would be hilarious and we'd all have to go back to the drawing board and consider that there's a correlation between being a goober and winning the big game.

Syrinx

Out of eight teams, only two of them I don't care to see in the Super Bowl (Pats and Cowboys).

Flacco winning another ring would be hilarious and we'd all have to go back to the drawing board and consider that there's a correlation between being a goober and winning the big game.

Or *shock and awe* consider that Super Bowl wins are team efforts.

Mrbob

I'm a bit confused about the Rodgers won't play as well because he can't move narrative I hear on national media.

Did they forget the fact he tore up a superior defense on one leg?

eznark

Banned
I'm a bit confused about the Rodgers won't play as well because he can't move narrative I hear on national media.

Did they forget the fact he tore up a superior defense on one leg?

I love the idea that blitzing will have this huge impact now. So stupid. That just opens up fast lanes for him to hit. Dropping 7 will be even more effective now than before, since he wont be able to extend plays as well.

brentech

I love the idea that blitzing will have this huge impact now. So stupid. That just opens up fast lanes for him to hit. Dropping 7 will be even more effective now than before, since he wont be able to extend plays as well.

Hope they blitz all day

Hunter S.

Unless you're the Seahawks. The later the game the better for us. NFC championship in the morning next week though.... rigged NFL!

Losing a Super Bowl like the Broncos did after having the record breaking, hyped season they did will lower cockiness. Cam can win it all. It takes only one small mistake, or burst of brilliance. I believe in the Tebows of this world.

Fantomex

Dolphins gave up 30 QB hits and 90 hurries after LT Albert's injury, 32nd in both categories. They allowed pressure on an astonishing 32% of passing plays.

Remember when Albert got hurt and I was flipping out about the season being over? Dolphins rebuilt o-line was not too shabby considering last season but there is no way to build depth that quickly. One key jenga piece is removed and it's all over.

I knew it was bad but the stats show just how abysmal it really became. Dolphins need to keep building on the o-line with high round draft picks and quality FA's, otherwise we will have the same discussion next year.

Dolphins need to trade the Miami cheerleaders to Michigan in exchange for Jim Harbaugh and their OL. Has to be better then what we have now.

Also, they should make Wallace run crossing routes, I would enjoy seeing him get popped once in a while. Yes I'm jaded.

That bottle is in better shape than Kas.

Colasante

True, but at least you'll be able to enjoy the other games on a pure football level. If the Patriots lose the first game, I'm going to be too distraught to enjoy the rest.

Sanjuro

True, but at least you'll be able to enjoy the other games on a pure football level. If the Patriots lose the first game, I'm going to be too distraught to enjoy the rest.

It's still going to take me a very long time to get back to the sick stomach phase. Too much still going on the Boston sports landscape in comparison to the doom and gloom days.

What does new GM Mike Tannenbaum do with Mike Wallace?
Hopefully find a team dumb enough to trade for him before drafting Kevin White in round 1. I'm just over Wallace. He is a talented player and this offense is better with him undoubtedly but he's not worth the money or the trouble. Too many flaws in his game to justify either.

Top Bottom