• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

Respect

True, but at least you'll be able to enjoy the other games on a pure football level. If the Patriots lose the first game, I'm going to be too distraught to enjoy the rest.

Pretty much...would be hard to watch even the championship games the following week without getting depressed for me.

Fantomex

Kave why were you texting the browns?

vKC23JM.png

Simmons is now scared of Flacco after shitting all over him and the Ravens before last weekend, :jnc

If I were a Patriots fan, I'd be fucking terrified of Flacco. They've shown no difficulty beating actually good QBs in the playoffs, its the goobers and frauds that get them.

Of course, if I were actually a Patriots fan, I'd shoot myself, but that's neither here nor there.

bionic77

Pats/Ravens is the worst game of the year but if you have no morals and care not for right and wrong, it will be the best matchup between coaches .

Both teams have very specific weaknesses and strengths. Going to be very interesting to see what each coaches comes out with on offense and defense. No idea what is going to happen.

Weird how Packer fans are not worried about their ab's gimped leg and think it will not impact the outcome. To me the injuries and how effective Rodgers and Manning will play are the biggest questions going into the weekend. Can Rodgers go deep with a bum calf? Can Manning play at a Manziel level of play with his broken body? Lots of questions!

I have the feeling the Cowboys pull off the upset. Not based on logic, more out of my ass. I have a feeling gimp Rodgers is going to limit the offense and also the Cowboys got all of the choke out of their system last week and come out strong on offense.

Seahawks game is already over and the are getting ready for the championship.

I can't see the Colts beating the Broncos unless Manning really is broken and we won't know that until he throws a laser or a duck in the first quarter to a wide open Thomas.

Respect

If I were a Patriots fan, I'd be fucking terrified of Flacco. They've shown no difficulty beating actually good QBs in the playoffs, its the goobers and frauds that get them.

Majority of Pats fans not afraid of BALT are the casual, uninformed fans. Once NE locked up the #1 seed this was essentially the worst case scenario.

Colasante

Jerry Hughes says he won't give the Buffalo Bills a hometown discount. I don't think the Patriots will dabble much in free agency, outside of resigning their own players, but I'd love for them to bring over Hughes if he isn't too expensive. I'd like a more explosive pass rusher opposite Chandler Jones.

Pats/Ravens is the worst game of the year but if you have no morals and care not for right and wrong, it will be the best matchup between coaches .

Both teams have very specific weaknesses and strengths. Going to be very interesting to see what each coaches comes out with on offense and defense. No idea what is going to happen.
I made a blood pact for this matchup. Black magic is scary business, bro.

JABEE

I love the idea that blitzing will have this huge impact now. So stupid. That just opens up fast lanes for him to hit. Dropping 7 will be even more effective now than before, since he wont be able to extend plays as well.

Watch the Eagles defense against the Packers if you want to see how Rodgers will do.

The Cowboys don't get as much pass rush as the Eagles either.

The Cowboys defense sucks. It is propped up by their running game and explosive offense.

ShaneB

Suppose I'll root for a Panthers vs Broncos super bowl. Panthers go on a magical run and win their first super bowl, or Peyton wins and retires and rides off into the sunset and spices things up more in the afc.

bionic77

If it came down to a fight, which coach would come out on top out of the all of the coaches in the league?

Tomlin has to be up there as he is young and still looks like he is in shape.

Trey

Suppose I'll root for a Panthers vs Broncos super bowl. Panthers go on a magical run and win their first super bowl, or Peyton wins and retires and rides off into the sunset and spices things up more in the afc.

I think Peyton comes back next year regardless of what happens, unless he takes a ridiculous hit.

ShaneB

I think Peyton comes back next year regardless of what happens, unless he takes a ridiculous hit.

Eh, I think it would be ridiculous. It's a perfect ending to any career to go out after winning the biggest game, especially a career that is winding down. I figure it makes sense, but yes, who knows.

JNA

Banned
Eh, I think it would be ridiculous. It's a perfect ending to any career to go out after winning the biggest game, especially a career that is winding down. I figure it makes sense, but yes, who knows.

Derek Jeter didn't retire right after making a game winning base hit at his last game at Yankee Stadium.

It would make sense for Peyton to work like that too.

Trey

Him and Brady are those QBs that I can see playing into their 40s. I take them fully on their word that they want to play "until they suck." They're both still top 5 QBs, their teams are still solvent, all they do is football.

TheFatOne

Of course, if I were actually a Patriots fan, I'd shoot myself, but that's neither here nor there.

That's simply because they had shit defenses in the past. Remember a few years ago Julian fucking Edelman had to play cornerback against the Ravens in the playoffs. Can't do shit when your defenses are horrendous.

bionic77

I am bored out of my mind.

This fat fuck is wasting all of our time in this never ending deposition.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

He looks and smells like a Pats fan.

ShaneB

Stafford is a top 5 QB?

It would seem so.

Derek Jeter didn't retire right after making a game winning base hit at his last game at Yankee Stadium.

It would make sense for Peyton to work like that too.

Jeter getting that rbi in a late regular season game is not the same as winning the super bowl to end a long career. Both are nice stories though.

Him and Brady are those QBs that I can see playing into their 40s. I take them fully on their word that they want to play "until they suck." They're both still top 5 QBs, their teams are still solvent, all they do is football.

Yeah, fair points, and I certainly expect the same really, just figure it's something they've thought internally to go out after winning the SB. But if they think they can still play, yeah, they'll keep going too.

zychi

Banned
Ryan Pace sounds like Kermit DE Frog, and holy shit was he sweating buckets at the presser. I have 0 confidence in this guy. Run around answers, it's like Emery and Angelo never left.

He's a Yes man to Phillips, and it's sad that the media who scrutinized Emery, Trest(deservedly) and Cutler, are blowing their load over this guy again.

HE IS NOT THEO. They're already making the comparison.

Ugh. Now I know what it's like to be a Lions fan. This is miserable

Panthers injury report

Out: DT Star Lotulelei (foot)

Questionable: WR Philly Brown (shoulder), S Thomas DeCoud (hamstring), LB AJ Klein (ankle), CB Melvin White (ankle)

Also, Chris Christie will be freezing his ass off in Lambeau watching the Cowboys this week.

I do know how the man manages to fit in governing a state in between being the Cowboys' designated soccer mom (you know the one mom who travels with her son's team everywhere and knows all of the kids on the team and brings snacks and gatorade and shit for everyone at every game)

Colasante

Ravens LT Eugene Monroe listed as Questionable. I really hope he doesn't play. He seems like the type of tackle that could just stonewall Chandler Jones like Bryant McKinnie used to. I'd much rather he face off against James Hurst, since the pass rush will be key. I fear that even if the secondary covers well, the pass rush won't get to Flacco in time and he'll be able to find a scrambling receiver for a reception or DPI.

Top Bottom