• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
That went pretty much exactly as I expected. Seattle is just flat better. Hopefully if they meet in the playoffs the Packers will have cleaned up some of the stupider issues. Sherrod isn't a terrible player, he is serviceable, he just needs help on obvious pass rush situations.

Nick Perry looked good. Tramon Williams (woah, really?!) looked very good. Linsley was totally fine. The NT that were rotated in were generally good. They ate bodies and gave the linebackers the opportunity to make play after play....

Which they inevitably failed at. Brad Jones is an abortion clinic dumpster fire. AJ Hawk is slow, terrible and stupid. Morgan Burnett is always in the right place five seconds after he is needed. Capers called some super awful schemes. Forcing Burnett to man up on Harvin twice in third and medium? Serious?

That said, it's hard to take much away from this game. Seattle is the best team in football and they ran Green Bay off the field. I doubt anyone else does that all year. They showed flashes of how talented they are.

Oh well, I don't anticipate them losing again for a month.

:jnc

AJ Hawk is definitely reaching a point where it's time to move on from him and Morgan Burnett looked lost on so many plays.

I think we've all covered Brad Jones to death.

That said, I liked what I saw of Clinton-Dix or rather I think he has potential. He seemed to actually find the play (hey that's an improvement!) but just didn't execute all the way through. I'm thinking these are just rookie issues that will get cleared up over time.

Also helps that we play a lot of garbage teams for most of the season. I'm only seeing a few tough games on paper anyway. Once again it's going to be a question of what we do once we actually get to the playoffs.

edit: I really liked what I saw out of Linsley. May create an awkward situation where the other dude gets replaced if he keeps it up. We can always use more quality offensive linemen either way.

iDIn2W4ZpqWTR.gif

Rando...what the hell man... :(

Edit: Ok I really need to study lol

Doorman

In fairness to the rookie center, that was probably the worst possible situation to have been thrown into right off the bat. That aspect will only become easier from here and I'm sure once the in-game frustration wears off things between him and Rodgers will be fine.

...The fuck why am I defending this? I hope he blows, but I don't expect him to.

cdyhybrid

Parking is already stupidly expensive in Seattle. Add in to that a nationally-televised football game for the defending Super Bowl champs and that's what you get. I guarantee you multiple people paid that.

jakncoke

Banned
nobody would actually pay that

If its super close I bet they would.

Tom Penny considering that there is century link, safeco and some big theater. I would assume you're shit out of luck buying any real estate down there close enough to pull 120 a spot lol

Tom Penny

I don't know what parking normally is but I pay 50 bucks for Pats games. Buffalo was like 20. Miami was cheap too if I recall but I was probably hung over on drugs so I can't be sure.

maybe out of desperation.

Remember when popcorn and a ticket was a buck at the theaters? People would have called you crazy and said those exact same things to you if you proposed paying upwards of $20 total for the same stuff.

Times change, places change, but people will always pay stupid amounts of money for what seems like basic cheap shit

cajunator

Banned
also I like New Orleans setup where you can park in the FQ or under the overpasses and walk a short ways to the Dome. Its a great location. Seattle needs to work on infrastructure if its this much of a problem.

Hey now, Packers are a lock for the playoffs so let's not despair too much.

One and done maybe but they'll make it!

Well to be fair The Badger are at least a lock for the Sweet Sixteen. Honestly the only reason we made the Final Four was because we didn't play any mid majors after the first round which is where they kill us.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
even though they lost, GB's defense bounced back, and their O-line looks sturdier than ever

Brad Jones is definitely in contention for DPotY

You know if you weren't posting on GAF so much during the game, we may have had a chance to win.

You typing out your posts on your wristband out there or something?

P.S. Dump that chick, the season's started.

Well to be fair The Badger are at least a lock for the Sweet Sixteen. Honestly the only reason we made the Final Four was because we didn't play any mid majors after the first round which is where they kill us.

Unfortunately my life didn't turn out as it probably should and I ended up being a Razorback so let's not discuss college sports haha.

Greg

You know if you weren't posting on GAF so much during the game, we may have had a chance to win.

You typing out your posts on your wristband out there or something?

P.S. Dump that chick, the season's started.
sorry about the jitters - side effects of the STD meds

doc says I should be back to normal for week 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom