• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I buy a parking lot near Century Link?

park.jpg

Might as well just call it the executives from Microsoft who are Seahawks fans lot.

HylianTom

Banned
also I like New Orleans setup where you can park in the FQ or under the overpasses and walk a short ways to the Dome. Its a great location. Seattle needs to work on infrastructure if its this much of a problem.

I love our location, although we might be trapped there. Not sure if we'll ever see another new dome built. Locations for a new site would be really limited, and the current location is so damn perfect. You can walk from the Dome to the Quarter, or hop the streetcar to go Uptown, or just wait in traffic to get onto the interstate. (Hell, I usually just walk home. Takes 20-30 minutes, and I'm usually in a great mood by that point, lol.)

Chichikov

also I like New Orleans setup where you can park in the FQ or under the overpasses and walk a short ways to the Dome. Its a great location. Seattle needs to work on infrastructure if its this much of a problem.
It's super easy to get to the stadium with public transportation from the city.
Tourists from Bellevue should be fleeced.

Well the Sunday games are next Lions don't play till Monday though. We gotta tough schedule but I think we can pull through we stay focused and make all those stupid penalties we did in the Schwartz era.

Wynnebeck

Banned
If Lacy is out for a couple week or more that does not bode well going against Detroit or Chicago.

Starks will carry the team on his back. Honestly, I don't see the Packers losing another game until Week 8 against the Saints. That's only if they get their heads out of their asses and get it together.

Starks will carry the team on his back. Honestly, I don't see the Packers losing another game until Week 8 against the Saints. That's only if they get their heads out of their asses and get it together.
Frankly, I'd rather Eddie sit out as many games as he needs to in the regular season. Fresh legs for the postseason. Hope he at least sits next week. No need to rush back against the butt end of the NFC East.

We're going to need a herculean effort from him to win anything in January with the dead weight we're carrying on D.

Suh-Fairley-chest-bump.gif

Doesn't matter either way. You could put that shoelace untying thug Evans Dietrich Smith out their and it still wouldn't matter.
lulz, I am not worried about your perennially garbage team. I'm more worried about Vikings rising up and winning the division (AP against this run defense? Jesus christ, he's going to run for 400 yards... in the first game) than I am of the Lions.

cajunator

Banned
I love our location, although we might be trapped there. Not sure if we'll ever see another new dome built. Locations for a new site would be really limited, and the current location is so damn perfect. You can walk from the Dome to the Quarter, or hop the streetcar to go Uptown, or just wait in traffic to get onto the interstate. (Hell, I usually just walk home. Takes 20-30 minutes, and I'm usually in a great mood by that point, lol.)

Yeah its pretty ideal. However I honestly dont want them to build a new stadium, the current one is absolutely perfect. Maybe new videoboards and PA system. And lighting that doesnt go out during a super bowl.

HylianTom

Banned
Yeah its pretty ideal. However I honestly dont want them to build a new stadium, the current one is absolutely perfect. Maybe new videoboards and PA system. And lighting that doesnt go out during a super bowl.
Those are my only main complaints. The screens are small, and the PA system is an absolute embarrassment. Other than that, I'd hope we're set for a lifetime.

I read about new stadiums for other teams being built out waaay in the burbs.. it blows my mind.

cajunator

Banned
Those are my only main complaints. The screens are small, and the PA system is an absolute embarrassment. Other than that, I'd hope we're set for a lifetime.

I read about new stadiums for other teams being built out waaay in the burbs.. it blows my mind.

yeah...fuck that. I hate parking and NOLA makes parking pretty easy in the FQ or at the stadium car park. suburb stadiums are just a nightmare.

The Seahawks looked good tonight, but I am sort of in the camp that the Packers did as much to defeat themselves as Seattle did to beat them. The playcalling was pretty atrocious, and there were a lot of blown ST plays. Rodger's one INT came from a dropped pass from a poor throw, not really anything the Seahawks did as their coverage on it was actually poor. The Seahawks pass rush was effective because Sherrod was so bad, not because it was so good. None of this is to say Seahawks looked bad. They looked excellent. Green Bay played bad football and Seattle played good football. I just thought nothing in the game made me think the Seahawks were untouchable football monsters like the media has been making them out to be.

linkboy

The Seahawks looked good tonight, but I am sort of in the camp that the Packers did as much to defeat themselves as Seattle did to beat them. The playcalling was pretty atrocious, and there were a lot of blown ST plays. Rodger's one INT came from a dropped pass from a poor throw, not really anything the Seahawks did as their coverage on it was actually poor. The Seahawks pass rush was effective because Sherrod was so bad, not because it was so good. None of this is to say Seahawks looked bad. They looked excellent. Green Bay played bad football and Seattle played good football. I just thought nothing in the game made me think the Seahawks were untouchable football monsters like the media has been making them out to be.

Green bay has trouble without physical teams, its one reason why SF iS 4-0 against them since Harbaugh took over. You play smash mouth football against them on both sides and they cave.

Edit
typos, see below

Well the Sunday games are next Lions don't play till Monday though. We gotta tough schedule but I think we can pull through we stay focused and make all those stupid penalties we did in the Schwartz era.

Doubt they'll be eliminated completely but just having a coach who gives a shit about penalties will be good enough for me initially. It'll be fixed now that we have a reach coaching staff.

KaYotiX

Banned
That went pretty much exactly as I expected. Seattle is just flat better. Hopefully if they meet in the playoffs the Packers will have cleaned up some of the stupider issues. Sherrod isn't a terrible player, he is serviceable, he just needs help on obvious pass rush situations.

Nick Perry looked good. Tramon Williams (woah, really?!) looked very good. Linsley was totally fine. The NT that were rotated in were generally good. They ate bodies and gave the linebackers the opportunity to make play after play....

Which they inevitably failed at. Brad Jones is an abortion clinic dumpster fire. AJ Hawk is slow, terrible and stupid. Morgan Burnett is always in the right place five seconds after he is needed. Capers called some super awful schemes. Forcing Burnett to man up on Harvin twice in third and medium? Serious?

That said, it's hard to take much away from this game. Seattle is the best team in football and they ran Green Bay off the field. I doubt anyone else does that all year. They showed flashes of how talented they are.

Oh well, I don't anticipate them losing again for a month.

After I had time to cool off and think, I think your right. Im hoping this ass kicking gets the entire team into gear.

We win the next 4 games IMO

Our pass rush was really lackluster in the pre-season. Last year they were extremely underrated, and that was one of my main concern this year. Didn't really answer any of those questions tonight against GB's line, but when we do play a top notch line I guess that's when we find out.

Our pass rush was really lackluster in the pre-season. Last year they were extremely underrated, and that was one of my main concern this year. Didn't really answer any of those questions tonight against GB's line, but when we do play a top notch line I guess that's when we find out.

I don't know if there were questions about the run game, but if tonight is an indication there shouldn't be. Actually I want to rewatch to see how bad GB was against the run as opposed to how good Seattle was.

linkboy

I don't know if there were questions about the run game, but if tonight is an indication there shouldn't be. Actually I want to rewatch to see how bad GB was against the run as opposed to how good Seattle was.

The biggest issue the Packers had was with tackling. There were plays wagers they had Lynch, but he was able to make the first man miss.

JABEE

The biggest issue the Packers had was with tackling. There were plays wagers they had Lynch, but he was able to make the first man miss.

He's going to do that against the best teams. You just have to make sure the second and third man doesn't miss too. Happened far too often tonight for the Packers.

Which is why Chicago's D will still be ass. Honestly everyone's D in the North sucks though.

minnesota's D has a chance to be good given who their head coach is and his pedigree. he may not have the same exact talent he had in cincy but i'm a strong believer that a coach can take an average player and make him a good player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom