• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
But really did ShaneB quit the Chefs already to return to the Seachickens. Make up your mind, you never should of left breh.

Maybe teams should put there number one receivers on that side of the field?

Bottom line, he changes the numbers game, just like Revis. Enjoy 10 on 10 football, he's taking a quarter to a third of the field a way.

that's why you should run at him! dick doesn't like tackling

sadly their lb's are too fast and he never actually has to make a play in the run game. when he is forced to.... well the starks run tonight is what you get

LJ11

that's why you should run at him! dick doesn't like tackling

sadly their lb's are too fast and he never actually has to make a play in the run game. when he is forced to.... well the starks run tonight is what you get

Safeties come down hard too, usually play with one the box.

Lacy will be this year's Richardson.

I'm not sure what this means. Lacy will lose all of his playing ability?

Doorman

Seattle had more rushes than pass attempts and more rush yards than passing yards. Just doing what they do.

I find it pretty funny that for all the bitching about the NFL supposedly turning into this big all-passing all-offense league, the most recent champion is still getting the job done doing all of the completely old-school shit that pundits claim is going out of style. It's a shame because I'd probably like the Seahawks a lot if Prickly Pete wasn't running the team.

Also as a Rodgers fantasy owner, fuck this game.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
GG Hawks-GAF

First day of the season and I'm already mad as hell. This team looks awful in just about every stage of the game. I'll let those of you who are better at the Xs and Os break down exactly why we played so poorly.

RBH

PolishedWarlikeHoneycreeper.gif

Wynnebeck

Banned
Ok after beating up on Packers, they are going to go back, get verbally spanked by McCarthy and get it together for the Jets and then the Lions. Hopefully the rest of the season goes well and someone else takes them out for us.

eznark

Banned
That went pretty much exactly as I expected. Seattle is just flat better. Hopefully if they meet in the playoffs the Packers will have cleaned up some of the stupider issues. Sherrod isn't a terrible player, he is serviceable, he just needs help on obvious pass rush situations.

Nick Perry looked good. Tramon Williams (woah, really?!) looked very good. Linsley was totally fine. The NT that were rotated in were generally good. They ate bodies and gave the linebackers the opportunity to make play after play....

Which they inevitably failed at. Brad Jones is an abortion clinic dumpster fire. AJ Hawk is slow, terrible and stupid. Morgan Burnett is always in the right place five seconds after he is needed. Capers called some super awful schemes. Forcing Burnett to man up on Harvin twice in third and medium? Serious?

That said, it's hard to take much away from this game. Seattle is the best team in football and they ran Green Bay off the field. I doubt anyone else does that all year. They showed flashes of how talented they are.

Oh well, I don't anticipate them losing again for a month.

cajunator

Banned
College stadiums aren't nearly as nice as the professional stadiums since they do tend to favor capacity over comfort. I think the pros go for a more "premium experience".

While true at the bowl level, the club suites in, for example LSU stadium, are REALLY nice.

I find it pretty funny that for all the bitching about the NFL supposedly turning into this big all-passing all-offense league, the most recent champion is still getting the job done doing all of the completely old-school shit that pundits claim is going out of style. It's a shame because I'd probably like the Seahawks a lot if Prickly Pete wasn't running the team.

Also as a Rodgers fantasy owner, fuck this game.

I wouldnt mid them so much if Pete wasnt the coach and if Dick Sherman wasnt his namesake.
I actually like Marshawn Lynch. He just shuts up and beastmodes. Sherman is just a cunt.
Hell I dont even mind WIlson himself though I dont think he deserves as much credit as he gets for these wins.

brentech

Pre-game analysis:
Packers can win, but the question is whether the offensive line can hold up more so than the defense.
If Rodgers has to run for his life or make instant reads all game, it's going to be tough.
Packers have to weather the storm.

D was bad, but really collapsed after being left out there. Oline really broke down in the second half, sure we lost a guy. Was pretty well onto it.
Expected the D to be bad. This was probably a bit worse.

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/04/thursday-night-wrap-up-seahawks-dominant-on-offense/

1. Aaron Rodgers already has his Super Bowl ring and an MVP trophy.

But if he didn’t, he’d be getting a lot more scrutiny for some of his outbursts.

Barking at rookie center Corey Linsley in front of the world when he had to burn a timeout in the first half was a bad look for the Packers quarterback. Linsley, bless his heart, was thrown into a tough spot in his first game, unable to hear or imagine what was coming next. That doesn’t make his error excusable, but the reaction seemed over the top.

It’s not that the yelling was out of the ordinary, but it’s a great example of context in the NFL.

When Rodgers or Tom Brady does it, it’s competitiveness. When Jay Cutler does it, it’s a sign of immaturity. God forbid Cam Newton took the towel off his head and did the same.

If Rodgers really wanted to bark at someone, he might have chosen the folks who put together the game plan. He was throwing almost nothing but dump-offs (18 passes for 86 yards in the first half) when the game was competitive, and the circus that was a fourth-down attempt in the second half will be dissected for days.

Was at work so I didn't see this. How bad was it? Link?

Quick Thoughts:

GB was in it but made too many mistakes
Sea played great and made GB pay for said mistakes
GBs offense looked good but that Sea pass rush was too much towards the end
Lacy is awesome
lol @ Sherman doing nothing all game
Beast mode gonna beast mode
GB needs a new defense...stat.
Seas offense looks much improved and Russel is playing lights out
So happy to have football back

and now I'm off to do a ton of reading oh and sorry greg :(

ZetaEpyon

What a shitty couple of weeks for Wisconsin sports...

Packers looked alright until Bulaga went down, hopefully it doesn't end up being too serious. Defense sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom