• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
Stern is a total idiot so I didn't believe the twice a day thing but now everyone is saying 12 hours of battery life...

As cool as it looks I don't think I can do that. Having to charge my watch in the middle of the day? Nope.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Derick Sherrod is a piece of trash. His own mother probably disowned him years ago. If he has siblings they don't feel like he's accomplished more than him and one works at McDonald's. He is like food poisoning but worse because eventually good poisoning gets better. Fuck him.

Okay now do Brad Jones.

Is Bulaga ok?

Last I heard no one knows. They're being pretty direct about it not being a "major injury" so that could mean anything from starting next week to out 4-6 weeks.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Uggh. It's quite easy to see how badly the media wants to make the whole "repeat/Dynasty" storyline for Seahawks a reality. I don't want to sound salty, but I hope they lose to someone good because it surely isn't the Packers.

Bowser

FEEL THE EXCITEMENT IN TAMPA AS THE LOVIE ERA BEGINS

Hoping for a bigger crowd for Sunday's season opener against Carolina, the Bucs sent their "most loyal and tenured" season-ticket holders an e-mail on Wednesday offering two free tickets to Sunday's game.

"In an effort to create an electrifying home field advantage this Sunday against the Panthers we are offering our most loyal and tenured members two complimentary tickets to share with your friends," read the e-mail sent to all fans who have held season tickets since 2007 or earlier.

A limited number of free tickets were available on a first-come, first-served basis, the e-mail explained. The Bucs ranked 29th in the NFL in attendance last season, averaging an announced attendance of 58,818 fans at home games, up from 31st in the league in 2012.

The first two home games -- Sunday's opener and the following week against the Rams, where Hall of Famer Derrick Brooks has his jersey retired as he enters the team's Ring of Honor -- should be among the Bucs' biggest home crowds of the season;
a December home game against the Packers has sold enough that tickets are only available as part of a season-ticket package.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/bucs-offer-free-tickets-sunday-to-help-opening-crowd/2196125

rando14

vince-mcmahon-walk.gif

Good morning my beautiful friends!!

Godslay

Banned
00 ravens we all know this answer

Yeah that defense seemed more imposing imo. I feel like the Seattle defense is very good but they are beatable with a balanced gameplan. That Ravens team while beatable at the time, was much tougher.

Plus they had a shitty offense in spurts, so the defense actually won games for them. They pitched 4 shutouts, gave up less than 1000 yards rushing for the season, only allowed 165 points, and just destroyed teams defensively. It was a real treat to watch, although frustrating when they destroyed the Broncos. They beat the Raiders in the AFCCG so they were okay in my book.

Seattle is a more complete team than that Ravens team, but I think the Ravens defense was better.

Crisco

Banned
The best defense ever was probably on a team that never won a Super Bowl because their offense was ass garbage. Those first couple Rex Ryan Jets teams come to mind. Not them specifically, but a team like that.

Vyroxis

Banned
I think we can officially say that Rodgers is no longer elite and Green Bay are basement dwellers.

Rodgers is elite, no question about that. The rest of that team though... oofta. If they can't straighten themselves out in the first few weeks I will have to alter my NFCN prediction.

Colasante

The Packers looked like shit, but I still think they'll win the Super Bowl. As long as Rodgers is the best QB in the league, I'll keep betting on him.

eznark

Banned
Rodgers is elite, no question about that. The rest of that team though... oofta. If they can't straighten themselves out in the first few weeks I will have to alter my NFCN prediction.

lol

I love the knee jerk nonsense going around today. The Packer got beat by a better team at home. It wasn't unexpected and nothing that happened yesterday should be any sort of surprise, as such I don't really get why people would be thinking any differently about the Packers.

In fact, they actually were far stouter in the secondary than I anticipated. The other positive takewaway is that while there were a bunch of missed tackles, almost all of them were against Lynch. Aside from Ha Ha's pathetic attempt on the first series, tackling was sound outside of Lynch and I'd laugh in your face if you expected any Packers to be able to one on one Lynch.

I rewatched the second half this morning and outside of the two gigantic, game changing fuck-ups (the first of which I think was as much on Rodgers as Sherrod, you can't snap a ball with one second left and expect to have a clean pocket against that defense. The second of which he just got fucking clowned) Sherrod was serviceable in pass pro. The Packers were able to move the ball with him in there. It forced Starks to play a bit more because of the chip needs but Lacy is apparently a peanut skull so we should get used to that anyway.

Tom Brady would have scored 28 points last night with those scrubs. You know this.

Sephzilla

I think we can officially say that Rodgers is no longer elite and Green Bay are basement dwellers.

Rodgers and the offense are still elite. Remember, this was the defense that made Peyton Manning in the middle of a god-mode Manning run look like Rex Grossman. The Packers defense, however, would give up 25 points to the Wisconsin Badgers right now.

McCarthy and Thompson seem to cling to the belief that Capers can put together a Super Bowl caliber defense, meanwhile the rest of the world quickly remembered why Capers never lasted longer than 3 years with any other team.

Striker

McCarthy and Thompson seem to cling to the belief that Capers can put together a Super Bowl caliber defense, meanwhile the rest of the world quickly remembered why Capers never lasted longer than 3 years with any other team.
Let's be honest. There's no one on that defense scaring anybody outside Clay Matthews.

Packers defense isn't that bad but they don't have the personnel to properly run the 3-4.
It will always be vulnerable because their ILBs are so poor.

Peppers will be valuable but Perry should get some reps to keep him fresh.

They lost Collins, Jenkins, and Woodson and have yet to replace those guys.

LevelNth

Banned
lol

I love the knee jerk nonsense going around today. The Packer got beat by a better team at home. It wasn't unexpected and nothing that happened yesterday should be any sort of surprise, as such I don't really get why people would be thinking any differently about the Packers.

In fact, they actually were far stouter in the secondary than I anticipated. The other positive takewaway is that while there were a bunch of missed tackles, almost all of them were against Lynch. Aside from Ha Ha's pathetic attempt on the first series, tackling was sound outside of Lynch and I'd laugh in your face if you expected any Packers to be able to one on one Lynch.

I rewatched the second half this morning and outside of the two gigantic, game changing fuck-ups (the first of which I think was as much on Rodgers as Sherrod, you can't snap a ball with one second left and expect to have a clean pocket against that defense. The second of which he just got fucking clowned) Sherrod was serviceable in pass pro. The Packers were able to move the ball with him in there. It forced Starks to play a bit more because of the chip needs but Lacy is apparently a peanut skull so we should get used to that anyway.
From what I saw the score was not totally indicative of the game. GB still has serious problems on D, but they made a game of it for the entire first half and that included an absurd bite + horrid rookie tackle attempt that led Ricardo "I've only done this once before!" Lockette scoring a touchdown.

If it wasn't for Bulaga going down, Seattle's pass rush would've been non-existent last night, and if you can limit Lynch, that offense loses a huge aspect of it's game.

From this game, we all should realize three things: GB will likely win 10 or 11 games this year, Seattle is going to have a tough time on the road, and they are still going to be dominant at home.

So basically the same stuff we knew Wednesday.

eznark

Banned
From the one half I did see I would be encouraged by Ha Ha's performance. Once he cleans up his tackling dude will be a playmaker.

Missing that tackle was kind of depressing though, since that was supposed to be his one big strength.

He was in position pretty much the entire game, which is huge.

I anticipate next Monday people will be like "holy shit the Packers are actually awesome" after they puckerfuck the Jets.

So goofy.

Tom Penny

lol

Of course nothing changed. Seattle is still the best NFC team and GB isn't on their level and need someone else to knock them out to have any chance at a SB berth.

Sephzilla

Let's be honest. There's no one on that defense scaring anybody outside Clay Matthews.

I actually think a lot of the people on the Packers defense are pretty talented. It just seems like they have issues with some pretty fundamental things. That, to me, screams "coaching issue".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom