• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi 11m
In terms of punishment, USC was hit harder for Reggie Bush than Penn State was for Jerry Sandusky.

The Cartel threw Delaney a bone because the B1G was fucked this year

eznark

Banned
I mean, I really get this point of view on the other hand and can't say much about it, just with the caveat that this culture pervades the entirety of college sports and that they should all be treated exactly the same way, not just whatever team you want to make an example of today. I just think it's stupid as shit to isolate one college team for a culture that pervades them all, and then go on to punish players for shit they had no control over.

Definitely agree. Any program that enables little boy rape should get the death penalty.

So...which other programs are helping sick old fucks rape kids? Besides the Red Sox, obviously.

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi 11m
In terms of punishment, USC was hit harder for Reggie Bush than Penn State was for Jerry Sandusky.

The Cartel threw Delaney a bone because the B1G was fucked this year

That really is nuts. Getting a house for your parents is worse then covering up child rape for years. Such an odd world we live in.

Remember when the Ravens had Rays wife apology for her role in the incident?

NFL should Free Gordon and the other players to save face! #FREEGORDON!

Bowser

Bucs fans, don't sweat!!

Roy Cummings ‏@RCummingsTBO 49s
Bucs coach Lovie Smith says OC Jeff Tedford is back at work full time and was in the office as usual early Monday.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
As LJ already said, he'll find a new team and there'll be more apologies and talks of healing.

Exile him to Oakland or something.

slabrock

Banned
I mean, I really get this point of view on the other hand and can't say much about it, just with the caveat that this culture pervades the entirety of college sports and that they should all be treated exactly the same way, not just whatever team you want to make an example of today. I just think it's stupid as shit to isolate one college team for a culture that pervades them all, and then go on to punish players for shit they had no control over.

The NCAA should have allowed every player at Penn State to transfer with no penalty when the scandal came to light so as not to punish them (they might have, can't remember). Then do the whole scorched earth plan on the program.

cdyhybrid

Were there other schools harboring a child rapist? If so, you might want to get in touch with the FBI.

NFL should Free Gordon and the other players to save face! #FREEGORDON!

ixthdkTE22o2n.gif

LevelNth

Banned
He's still getting paid.
Does he though? While the cap hit and contract still has to be adhered to by the Ravens, the indefinite suspension should allow them to withhold paying out any of it unless they choose to.

This is always how suspensions function.

minx

Goodell is a fucking joke.

He really is. I can't believe he was cut. He should have had at least a 6 game suspension to begin with and be done with it. How is this video any worse than described? It exactly what I thought it was. She got knocked the fuck out. NFL players have done much much worse before and not been cut. Ravens are just trying to save face here because this is blowing up sue to TMZ.

jakncoke

Banned
The NCAA should have allowed every player at Penn State to transfer with no penalty when the scandal came to light so as not to punish them (they might have, can't remember). Then do the whole scorched earth plan on the program.

They did, about 20 players took the train out of town.

eznark

Banned
Dude there is evidence for Michigan, Vanderbilt, and FSU off the top of my head.

The difference in those cases (BYU is generally the gold standard of college football rape coverups, FYI) is that they were incidents of covering up a single act of rape (or a gang rape in BYU's case) and the individuals involved were fired.

PedoU was a 20 year reign of boy fucking enabled and fueled by the university.

If you have any evidence of a program that has engaged in anything like that I'd love to see it. Certainly not happening at Michigan as there has been tons of turnover and the Vandy and FSU stories were one off issues investigated by authorities and found lacking.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
I can't believe I have to cheer for the Giants (Cruz, Randle, Jennings) if I want to beat my roommate this week. At least they're playing the Lions.

Vikings only NFC North team with a win GO

The difference in those cases (BYU is generally the gold standard of college football rape coverups, FYI) is that they were incidents of covering up a single act of rape (or a gang rape in BYU's case) and the individuals involved were fired.

If you have any evidence of a program that has engaged in anything like that I'd love to see it. Certainly not happening at Michigan as there has been tons of turnover and the Vandy and FSU stories were one off issues investigated by authorities and found lacking.

You really think they were one off issues? I just don't think this shit is new, I think it's been around for a long time in every place. Some of them are just better at covering it up. As far as I am concerned you can nuke the entire college football program, because that's the best shot at cleaning it up. Punishing one school and ignoring others, even if they AREN'T institutional, is just stupid.

Trey

Honestly, I do kind of agree with Vio-lence on this one. The league/Ravens lowkey fucked him.
(OBVIOUSLY RAY RICE FUCKED HIMSELF UP WHEN HE PUT HIS HANDS ON A WOMAN)

But if the league gave him a year off in the first place, this probably goes away. He comes back in 2015 with a tarnished reputation, but he'd probably wouldn't be seen as completely radioactive/untouchable to teams potentially looking to bring him in.

The way it went down today, his NFL career is effectively over.

NFL fucked themselves more than anyone. It reflects most poorly on them.

Explain? I thought that they did have evidence that someone bought a house for his parents, hell didnt Reggie even admit it.

Nope. They had no real evidence and they took the word of an ex con over the word of every other person involved.

That was their deciding factor, the word of an ex con.

Woah, I don't think I've heard about this BYU cover up. I remember the Colorado cover up (with the female kicker) but not this.

eznark

Banned
You really think they were one off issues? I just don't think this shit is new, I think it's been around for a long time in every place. Some of them are just better at covering it up. As far as I am concerned you can nuke the entire college football program, because that's the best shot at cleaning it up. Punishing one school and ignoring others, even if they AREN'T institutional, is just stupid.

As soon as they are convicted of doing so absolutely, nuke the programs.

Nuke them on rumor and allegations? Give me a break.

Punishing all schools just because Pedo State had a child raping operation? Go away.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Definitely agree. Any program that enables little boy rape should get the death penalty.

So...which other programs are helping sick old fucks rape kids? Besides the Red Sox, obviously.

You may be trolling but the real joke here is that Penn St even exists. NCAA should have nuked their football program into the ground at a bare minimum.

As soon as they are convicted of doing so absolutely, nuke the programs.

Nuke them on rumor and allegations? Give me a break.

I agree with that. I just would expand it slightly to a preponderance of evidence because with how fucked up the system is and stacked against cleaning this up because of a ridiculous old boys club it needs to be a little more strict. I just think it's ridiculous to make an example of one team and ignore everyone else. I guess my issue is less with the punishment itself than that aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom