• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@SandoESPN 12s
Nerves, anyone? #Giants' Perry Fewell is only coordinator in this @ESPNMondayNight game to have been play caller at #NFL level.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kyle Williams, Geno Atkinson, and Sheldon Richardson are all better.

None of them are. Suh demands the respect of a minimum two offensive lineman a game. He gets double teamed every play and still manages to dominate.

Suh is in a class of his own with Watt, but I still think he is the best defensive lineman in the league.

I knew when I saw him play Colt McCoy and Texas at college he is a Reggie White, once in a generation, type defensive lineman/player.

@willthomasfox5
From @HarveyLevinTMZ He's promising more coverage that could indicate #NFL cover up. #RayRice #RavensNation More at 10 &11 @fox5newsdc

Get some popcorn. Things are picking up

cdyhybrid

Justin Smith is better than Suh.

Smith single-handedly gave that terrorist Aldon Smith a career. Suh's most famous highlights are him taking cheap shots at people.

NomarTyme

Everybody against the Giants.... they gonna win tonight.

@willthomasfox5
From @HarveyLevinTMZ He's promising more coverage that could indicate #NFL cover up. #RayRice #RavensNation More at 10 &11 @fox5newsdc

Good fuck Goodell and his fucking clown suit poseys.

BigAT

I'm sure some enterprising Giants fan took a screenshot of the entire MNF crew picking the Lions

Nah, we all probably agree with them.

None of them are. Suh demands the respect of a minimum two offensive lineman a game. He gets double teamed every play and still manages to dominate.

Suh is in a class of his own with Watt, but I still think he is the best defensive lineman in the league.

I knew when I saw him play Colt McCoy and Texas at college he is a Reggie White, once in a generation, type defensive lineman/player.

Didn't you say you played football? Acting like it's a god damn revelation that a DT gets double teamed on a play...

jakncoke

Banned
Pats fan first and foremost.

Redskins fan 2nd. I think because of that and a friend who is a really big Dallas fan, I tend to know a lot about them, but hell naw, aint no fan. Fuck the Cowboys.

2nd team?

3770897-9528754802-13663.gif

Dragon

Banned

Suh isn't even half as good as Watt. Here's a scale:

Watt
Half as good as Watt
A bum shitting in the street
Suh

MechDX

confused-o.gif

So I rewatched the first 3 quarters of Steelers Browns. Couple of things I noticed.

The nickel on its own isn't expressly the problem. Steelers played it pretty evenly throughout the game. From what I could see the LB play was poor. Almost like they were out of position. Tomlin confirmed this in his press conference by saying that they had a communication problem when Browns went no huddle. Shazier was often caught out of position, which I expect since he's a rook. Worilds as well, he was easily sealed away - like he was rushing the passer instead of holding the edge. Seems that Timmons meathead discussion popped up again.

Cam Thomas is also not good. For such a massive guy he gets turned so easily. I read somewhere that 75% of Browns runs were to his side.

As a side note. It was painful watching Troy. I said at least 3 times during the game "Troy would have made that play 2 years ago". Particularly on a run that he could have stopped for no gain that ended up going for 9+ yards. Something tells me we're going to be seeing Troy as a LBer to help call until Shazier gets up to speed.

ikNp05BAiAzDB.gif

I don't know Watt but all the commercials he's in tells me he's a nice guy, but I'm sure he'd be in a shitty mood knowing there's people out there putting Suh on his level.

Fox318

I like Suh but unless he can tone it down on the penalties he isn't the top guy for me.

Plus unlike TRich he has 0 rushing TDs

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
@willthomasfox5

Not good enough to break the news, TMZ wants to be the news. It's why they don't get the credibility they so want.

So I rewatched the first 3 quarters of Steelers Browns. Couple of things I noticed.

The nickel on its own isn't expressly the problem. Steelers played it pretty evenly throughout the game. From what I could see the LB play was poor. Almost like they were out of position. Tomlin confirmed this in his press conference by saying that they had a communication problem when Browns went no huddle. Shazier was often caught out of position, which I expect since he's a rook. Worilds as well, he was easily sealed away - like he was rushing the passer instead of holding the edge. Seems that Timmons meathead discussion popped up again.

Cam Thomas is also not good. For such a massive guy he gets turned so easily. I read somewhere that 75% of Browns runs were to his side.

As a side note. It was painful watching Troy. I said at least 3 times during the game "Troy would have made that play 2 years ago". Particularly on a run that he could have stopped for no gain that ended up going for 9+ yards. Something tells me we're going to be seeing Troy as a LBer to help call until Shazier gets up to speed.

I'll try to rewatch the game before Thursday, but I'm not exactly looking forward to it.

Doorman

Checking in. Go Lions! You're the only team I have left now that I've disowned Michigan football for the year as per usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom