• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol are people really downplaying alex still? he is a legit starting QB. i would honestly take him over jay cutler and joe flacco. i wouldn't take him over andrew luck over the long term, but i wouldn't take most QB's in the league long term over andrew luck.

alex smith got the contract he deserved because he earned that contract through his efficient play.

Fole's year last year was fluky stat-wise. 27TD-2INT is just not repeatable.

But even if regresses to what I believe to be his mean (something like 25-16), the other teams in that division are dumpster fires. The Eagles can win that division walking away.

Washington and Dallas absolutely are. After 2012 I can never feel comfortable calling the Giants a dumpster fire or ungodly bad, because even if they prove it (they always will), it could easily lead to Giants vs Pats Super Bowl Part 3: Spoiler Brady Still Loses

lol are people really downplaying alex still? he is a legit starting QB. i would honestly take him over jay cutler and joe flacco. i wouldn't take him over andrew luck over the long term, but i wouldn't take most QB's in the league long term over andrew luck.

alex smith got the contract he deserved because he earned that contract through his efficient play.
Yep. It's really unfortunate. Always believed in him......

MRSA

Banned
This sums up our law enforcement priorities:

wXWqtG4.gif

True love never dies, brother.

You, Kurt Warner his wife and Alex would make such a cute love triangle.

Yep. It's really unfortunate. Always believed in him......

You two are smart and dashingly handsome. Especially comic superstar / Wal-Mart warrior, Rafa.

ShaneB

Knew I always liked you.

We gotta play Madden 15 sometime!

Godslay

Banned
Alex earned a bunch of respect from me last year. He played well. The playoff game was the pinnacle of his season. I'm just wondering if last year was his ceiling. I think that's pretty much his final form.

Luck on the other hand was statistically better, and I think he's hasn't peaked yet.

I think short term and long term you take Luck. His immediate and future ceiling are higher, he's a better passer, and just better in general.

The real question is can you envision winning a Superbowl with either one of these guys? Alex skirts the line of maybe in the same vein as a Flacco. Whereas with Luck, you can definitely see it happening at some point.

I thought we could do semi-ban bets like Ari and LJ. Should be one where you can't post in the thread for a week or something to that effect.

Tabris

I drafted my fantasy teams. I watched all 5 seasons of Friday Night Lights. Watched the movies, FNL, Remember the Titans, Any Sunday, and Rudy. Worked out my beer drinking arm. Ordered the Sunday Ticket package.

I'M READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!

Cutler gonna have a monstrous year, you can book it . 4500 Yards, 35 tds

Tabris

While those stats are ridiculous, there is a good chance that Cutler has a banner year.

Marc Trestman is an awesome coach.

Konka

Banned
I drafted my fantasy teams. I watched all 5 seasons of Friday Night Lights. Watched the movies, FNL, Remember the Titans, Any Sunday, and Rudy. Worked out my beer drinking arm. Ordered the Sunday Ticket package.

I'M READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!

How did you mange to find a Manning for every position?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom