• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
calzone5.jpg

Konka pls.

*Drake Voice*

Please don't do this.

Touchdown

Banned
So I'm very upbeat on this team this year and for the next five. Are they much better than the end of last year? Not really, but I think people are forgetting how good they were in the second half last year. If they stay at that level, I think this is an easy 10 win team. Easy.

I also think people are overlooking how easy the schedule is. I don't get this "OMG we have to play the NFCW and GB and Carolina". So? We also get the AFCN and the NFCE...TWICE! This division is awful. I'm not sure any of those other teams wins 7 games. Maybe someone can get to 8-8 but this should be 6 wins. It never works out that way, but it should. Then, there's three cupcakes in the AFC. That's 9 layups. You win 7 or 8 of those no problem. More on this below.

As far as the future, I think we've got the right template to win a SB in the next 5 years. There are plenty of examples of these high scoring offenses, mediocre Ds that win their division most years and once every few yrs the D comes together to be a little above average and they win the SB.

Think NO (the Greg Williams bounty year), GB (Charles Woodson and healthy Clay Matthews), Peyton Colts (the year they won was when the D finally gelled late in the season). You can even say the Vermeil Rams (and the year they got back under Martz was their other good D). Hell, even Brady has only won when he had the D.

So we keep the O elite and wait for the year when the D gels. Is that this year? Probably not but the great thing about our model is the D only needs to come together by week 17 and have 3 good weeks. And a great O is a lot more durable than a great D.

On to predictions:
Jax: W
@Indy: W...why are we so scared of Indy? They're just like us...the one good team in a bad division with a strong O and bad D. We can win a shoot out. Mathis is suspended, they have a bunch of OL injuries, they still think Trent Richardson can run the ball. I'd be more fearful of them later in the year. We're getting them at a good time.
Wash: W
@SF: W...yeah, most people say automatic loss. I don't see it. SF has lots of injuries on D. They don't have the O to score 30 on us. The teams we'll struggle with are the great Os where we lose the shootout. We beat teams like Ari, Car, SF where we can still score and they can't.
StL: W...they can't score, they can't win
NYG: W...they can't score, they can't win
@Ari: W...too many injuries, they're an 8-8 team this year at best
@Hou: W...they can't score, they can't win
Car: W...they can't score, they can't win

OK, do I really think we're 9-0 heading to GB? No. We'll probably lose one of Indy/SF. Maybe Houston improves quickly and upsets us. Maybe Wash pulls off an upset with DeSean going off? So I'll say 7-2 but I think we're more likely 9-0 than 5-4, how's that?

@GB: L, they outscore us in a great game
Tenn: W
@Dal: L I doubt we sweep the division so I'll call this the loss in a shootout
Sea: W yeah I know, how do we beat Sea? They're not a great road team and they have to travel cross country. They barely beat Carolina & Stl, lost @ SF & Indy. Why can't we beat them?
Dal: W
@Wash: W
@NYG: W

I'm not worried about that down the stretch division run. We'll have the division clinched after the Seattle game and those teams are playing for next year. That's a nice bonus.

So I'm saying 12-4, 11-5 if Seattle gets us, but could this be a 13 or even 14 win team? Yeah, sure. If we only go 4-2 in the division, somehow go 2-2 vs the AFC, let's say 2-2 vs NFCW, beat Car, lose @ GB, that's 9-7. That's my worst case.

After my beloved Green Bay Packers were eliminated from the playoffs, I supported Seattle last season because of Russell Wilson. It was kind of cool seeing a fanbase that never won anything finally win the Superbowl. But now I realize Seattle fans are like that kid in elementary school who one time got an A on a test, but you know deep down he's an idiot and it was pure luck. But that kid won't stop bragging, and honestly now thinks he is smarter than you.

But we'll see who gets the last laugh.

Packers 27 Seahawks 17, honestly the 12th man bullshit is way overhyped

I hope the Packers lose, stay healthy, and then promptly go 12-4 and win the Owl.

For some reason I don't buy them beating the Hawks twice.

At one point in time my father was going to open a pizzeria in ireland. Travelled there four times, had a location, etc. He said there was no good pizza in the whole country. On his way back from his last trip before finalizing things he was in the airport shuttle and a flatbed ran into it full speed and fractured his spine in four places. He had two surgeries and has chronic pain now. All because he tried to bring good pizza to ireland.

Now here we have Konka defacing pizza.

After my beloved Green Bay Packers were eliminated from the playoffs, I supported Seattle last season because of Russell Wilson. It was kind of cool seeing a fanbase that never won anything finally win the Superbowl. But now I realize Seattle fans are like that kid in elementary school who one time got an A on a test, but you know deep down he's an idiot and it was pure luck. But that kid won't stop bragging, and honestly now thinks he is smarter than you.

I'm sorry NFL GAF I might get ban again this dude just called me an idiot.

..... WOOOOSAH

I don't know if I can stop my self... I need a walk.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
At one point in time my father was going to open a pizzeria in ireland. Travelled there four times, had a location, etc. He said there was no good pizza in the whole country. On his way back from his last trip before finalizing things he was in the airport shuttle and a flatbed ran into it full speed and fractured his spine in four places. He had two surgeries and has chronic pain now. All because he tried to bring good pizza to ireland.

Now here we have Konka defacing pizza.

Damn.

#IrelandSux #BrewGuinnessInTheUSA

JABEE

So I'm very upbeat on this team this year and for the next five. Are they much better than the end of last year? Not really, but I think people are forgetting how good they were in the second half last year. If they stay at that level, I think this is an easy 10 win team. Easy.

I also think people are overlooking how easy the schedule is. I don't get this "OMG we have to play the NFCW and GB and Carolina". So? We also get the AFCN and the NFCE...TWICE! This division is awful. I'm not sure any of those other teams wins 7 games. Maybe someone can get to 8-8 but this should be 6 wins. It never works out that way, but it should. Then, there's three cupcakes in the AFC. That's 9 layups. You win 7 or 8 of those no problem. More on this below.

As far as the future, I think we've got the right template to win a SB in the next 5 years. There are plenty of examples of these high scoring offenses, mediocre Ds that win their division most years and once every few yrs the D comes together to be a little above average and they win the SB.

Think NO (the Greg Williams bounty year), GB (Charles Woodson and healthy Clay Matthews), Peyton Colts (the year they won was when the D finally gelled late in the season). You can even say the Vermeil Rams (and the year they got back under Martz was their other good D). Hell, even Brady has only won when he had the D.

So we keep the O elite and wait for the year when the D gels. Is that this year? Probably not but the great thing about our model is the D only needs to come together by week 17 and have 3 good weeks. And a great O is a lot more durable than a great D.

On to predictions:
Jax: W
@Indy: W...why are we so scared of Indy? They're just like us...the one good team in a bad division with a strong O and bad D. We can win a shoot out. Mathis is suspended, they have a bunch of OL injuries, they still think Trent Richardson can run the ball. I'd be more fearful of them later in the year. We're getting them at a good time.
Wash: W
@SF: W...yeah, most people say automatic loss. I don't see it. SF has lots of injuries on D. They don't have the O to score 30 on us. The teams we'll struggle with are the great Os where we lose the shootout. We beat teams like Ari, Car, SF where we can still score and they can't.
StL: W...they can't score, they can't win
NYG: W...they can't score, they can't win
@Ari: W...too many injuries, they're an 8-8 team this year at best
@Hou: W...they can't score, they can't win
Car: W...they can't score, they can't win

OK, do I really think we're 9-0 heading to GB? No. We'll probably lose one of Indy/SF. Maybe Houston improves quickly and upsets us. Maybe Wash pulls off an upset with DeSean going off? So I'll say 7-2 but I think we're more likely 9-0 than 5-4, how's that?

@GB: L, they outscore us in a great game
Tenn: W
@Dal: L I doubt we sweep the division so I'll call this the loss in a shootout
Sea: W yeah I know, how do we beat Sea? They're not a great road team and they have to travel cross country. They barely beat Carolina & Stl, lost @ SF & Indy. Why can't we beat them?
Dal: W
@Wash: W
@NYG: W

I'm not worried about that down the stretch division run. We'll have the division clinched after the Seattle game and those teams are playing for next year. That's a nice bonus.

So I'm saying 12-4, 11-5 if Seattle gets us, but could this be a 13 or even 14 win team? Yeah, sure. If we only go 4-2 in the division, somehow go 2-2 vs the AFC, let's say 2-2 vs NFCW, beat Car, lose @ GB, that's 9-7. That's my worst case.
I think 12-4 is our peak this season and 10-6 is our low. It depends on injuries though. I think the Eagles could end up as a 2 with a first round bye.

Officially, Welker tested positive for an amphetamine. A source close to the situation said Welker tested positive for Adderall. Welker wasn't sure what exactly flagged his positive test but he was incensed at a report he took a Molly at the Kentucky Derby. He does wonder if someone put something in his drink at the Derby.

“I wouldn't have any idea where to get a Molly or what a Molly is,” he said. “That's a joke. I don't do marijuana, I don't do drugs. I don't do any drugs.”

Call me naive but I actually believe him. Welker doesn't seem like the type of person who would take it or even know what the fuck a Molly is.

MRSA

Banned
So sad, our hottest girl in our department is going upstairs to a different department.

She was the opposite of bionic's theory of employing hot females, she was one of our best employees that happened to have the capabilities of being a trophy wife.

What will you guys do when it turns out last year Foles was a fluke, the Giants take the division, and Eli replaces Peyton in a repeat of last Super Bowl in the NFC Championship (Seahawks slaughtering a Manning)

Dragon

Banned
What will you guys do when it turns out last year Foles was a fluke, the Giants take the division, and Eli replaces Peyton in a repeat of last Super Bowl in the NFC Championship (Seahawks slaughtering a Manning)

Laugh until tears stream down my face and into a bucket and mail them to bionic so he can accomplish his goal of bathing in a Pats fan's tears.

Luck was 29-45 for 443 yards and 5 total TDs in that game. No way did small hands out play him.

I took my wife to a movie and missed the entire Andrew Luck defense force, but this post in particular makes me laugh. Let's see.

Smith - 30/46, 387 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs, 119.7 rating.
Luck - 29/45, 443 yards, 4 TDs, 3 INTs, 98.7 rating.

Yes, I'll take the guy who threw the same completion percentage and THREE less interceptions, thanks.

The Chiefs defense was garbage in the second half and we lost. Smith played absolutely out of his freaking mind that game.

Unleash the dragon, Alex! 9

Yes, unleash the dragon.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
America is not ready for a black president.

Probably not even when Wussle is old enough.

The next president should be an obese southern man. Obviously democrat. Such a man will be able to bring us together.

Clinton was pretty close to being our first black president.

Also I've been holding this in because I figured you all knew this but if white people had one recreational drug exclusively to them, it's X. Also LSD.

Dragon

Banned
I took my wife to a movie and missed the entire Andrew Luck defense force, but this post in particular makes me laugh. Let's see.

Smith - 30/46, 387 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs, 119.7 rating.
Luck - 29/45, 443 yards, 4 TDs, 3 INTs, 98.7 rating.

Yes, I'll take the guy who threw the same completion percentage and THREE less interceptions, thanks.

The Chiefs defense was garbage in the second half and we lost. Smith played absolutely out of his freaking mind that game.

Yes, unleash the dragon.

Who would you rather have as QB? Andrew Luck.
Who would you rather have five years from now as QB? Andrew Luck.
Who would you rather have ten years from now as QB? Andrew Luck.

One game doesn't change that. The Colts defense is utter trash.

rando14

We're not allowed to do ban bets, right? Cause I'd like to do one here!!

cdyhybrid

You must think math is overhyped too.

Who would you rather have as QB? Andrew Luck.
Who would you rather have five years from now as QB? Andrew Luck.
Who would you rather have ten years from now as QB? Andrew Luck.

One game doesn't change that. The Colts defense is utter trash.

I agree with you on all three counts. I believe my earlier point was two-fold:

1) The gap between the two isn't some massive trench.
2) Andrew Luck isn't coming through that door for the Chiefs.

Dragon

Banned
I agree with you on all three counts. I believe my earlier point was two-fold:

1) The gap between the two isn't some massive trench.
2) Andrew Luck isn't coming through that door for the Chiefs.

Fair enough. Alex Smith doesn't turn the ball over which is a valuable skill. Justifying the contract based on what he did is a bit myopic and hopefully the Chiefs project him to be an above average QB or they'll cut him.

BTW If Luck played against his team every week he'd have 7500 yards passing and 60 tds.

Fair enough. Alex Smith doesn't turn the ball over which is a valuable skill. Justifying the contract based on what he did is a bit myopic and hopefully the Chiefs project him to be an above average QB or they'll cut him.

BTW If Luck played against his team every week he'd have 7500 yards passing and 60 tds.

If Smith faced the Chiefs secondary every week, he'd look like the second coming of Joe Montana.

Imagine the Chiefs last year with Luck instead of small hands.

11-5, might have won one playoff game (doubtful). So basically, exactly the same.

Fole's year last year was fluky stat-wise. 27TD-2INT is just not repeatable.

But even if regresses to what I believe to be his mean (something like 25-16), the other teams in that division are dumpster fires. The Eagles can win that division walking away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom