• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I think I can fix this. Or someone can...

Directv! I watch 4 on the laptop, one on the tablet and then a main game on the big screen. Sometimes there are more than 6 games but it seems rare.

I also have directv, are you doing 4 games on 1 screen? I have never tried that but I would think it would be hard to follow any of them.

Fox318

A dude sent me a clip of people trying to prank dudes in the 'hood' and all they do is getting beat to shit.

Some people are really fucking dumb.

There was one where dude was walking up to people on the street asking for drugs and the guy pulled a glock out on him.

To be fair I think that anyone would pull a wep out if somebody was doing that to them.

Tom Penny

Another thing that worries me is the Pats running game, which has been very weak in the pre-season. If you guys are able to take out our running game early and everything has to go through Brady behind a questionable Oline spells trouble.

Heart attacks all around.

They will just to switch to no huddle spread them out with Vereen in the backfield like they always do when the running game is poop. O Line was a concern prior to Mankins going when Dante retired. He was the best.

gutshot

I feel like I should be able to get some good use out of this this year:

BwsekwFCAAE961Q.png:large

Hunter S.

Getting the opening NFL game is so much fun! So much beautiful retribution last year when Denver whooped Baltimore's stanky ass!

I am rooting for a tie.

You obv never visit OT at this site lol

Shirtless Thread, this thread and soccer thread!

Just checked though and the same video is in OT right now with people stepping on dudes their Jordans. Now the question is, does my friend browse GAF?!

There was one where dude was walking up to people on the street asking for drugs and the guy pulled a glock out on him.

To be fair I think that anyone would pull a wep out if somebody was doing that to them.

I really don't get it, soon somebody is gonna get shot or stabbed and then what?

They will just to switch to no huddle spread them out with Vereen in the backfield like they always do when the running game is poop. O Line was a concern prior to Mankins going when Dante retired. He was the best.

Dante was the GOAT and deserves a spot in the HOF.

Seanspeed

Banned
I never expect walks in the park when it comes to divisional games (I never expect walks in the park ever, really). The Dolphins might be a team on the rise, they showed us that last year when you won 1 game and gave us one hell of a fight in the other one.

We can look at this from both sides. From the Patriots perspective I believe the team overall should be better than last year. On defense with the addition of Revis, the comeback of Wilfork and Mayo and other players feeling more at home at their positions i.e. McCourty and Collins. The offense will depend on how Brady plays, he wasn't always sharp last season, but he still had great games. The addition of LaFell and the return of Gronk will help in the redzone and Edelman will still be Brady his go-to guy, so they can put up points on the Dolphins. The main problem in game one will probably be the Oline. With Mankins gone and a lot of other moving pieces and uncertainty on the line it will be difficult to stop the Dolphins. If they can get to Brady constantly that will be a problem for us.

Now from the Dolphins perspective: What did they really do to get better compared to last year? The Oline should be better, so if Tanny is any good he will need to show up now. Clay is probably going to wreck us this game. The Dline will be a problem for us, but innigan and Delmas will still be vulnerable through the air I think.

If the Pats Oline holds and gives Brady time then I think we have a good shot at winning this game, but that is a big if. Gonna be a close game either way.
I'm hoping an improved secondary means our D-line can give Miami's O-line as much trouble as theirs will ours. With Collins and Mayo, its a pretty decent coverage LB core, too.

MechDX

http://www.csnhouston.com/football-houston-texans/talk/rg3-jj-watt-hes-monster

Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III, who will face Watt and the Texans in the season opener on Sunday, paid him a huge compliment.

"He's a monster," Griffin said in a conference call with the Houston media on Wednesday.

I don't want to talk about that," Gruden said when asked about his experience facing Watt in the past.

In Watt's rookie season, he single-handedly swung momentum in the Texans favor with a spectacular one-handed interception on a ball he snatched out of the air and returned for a touchdown. It gave the Texans a 17-10 lead just before halftime. The Bengals would not score again in the Texans 31-10 win.

068b212ed39f1a8e738772d724b86250.623x343x336.gif

Woke up in a shit mood this morning, realized football tonight, everything was perfect in the world.

Also somehow local coverage landed on the Pats/Dolphins game so it's shaping up to be a fantastic day so far.

Yeah, that's how Bill operates for sure. You think Revis will follow Wallace all game? Wallace is going to be doing a lot more in this offense in terms of where he lines up and the types of routes he runs.

That's what everyone is thinking, because I don't think you'll see him on Hartline.

What will happen first:

Jets win a Super Bowl
Bears win a Super Bowl
Lions win a Super Bowl
Vikings win a Super Bowl
Peace in middle east

Why were the Lions, Browns and Bills omitted from the list?

I don't understand.

Also peace in the middle east.

Miguel

I was confused when people referred to it as "GamerGate" because I thought something was going down with the PC DD service.

I'm thinking about watching the game at a local bar since you people let our Houston meet up fall through. Well it's SNF so maybe I'll just stream it....hmm.

Mech has been too busy obsessing over Case lately to put it together.

MechDX

Mech has been too busy obsessing over Case lately to put it together.

This "Case was never given a chance" crap is now turning into VY 2.0. Don't have to worry about the Manziel nonsense anymore since Keenum has now martyred himself for all the zealots

Miguel

This "Case was never given a chance" crap is now turning into VY 2.0. Don't have to worry about the Manziel nonsense anymore since Keenum has now martyred himself for all the zealots

lmao are people really saying that? I've only seen the likes of Stephanie Stradley say people are. She been bothered by Case for some reason since he started giving TJ some competition last preseason.

Keenum got plenty of a chance, with any sort of a team last year, he wins some games, but it didn't happen. The fact that he got picked up fairly quickly tells me there's something there, not a starter, but a serviceable backup somewhere.

But he got his shot, and showed he's good enough to be an average backup, I just don't know that he's ever going to catch up to the NFL game at this point.

I just keep up the Keenum act now to annoy people. ^and it's clearly working.

Konka

Banned

Oh give us a break. You were case #1 fan for a point there.

gutshot

#Browns WR Josh Gordon has a new job. He will be the goodwill ambassador for the Sarchione Auto group in Randolph, Ohio, which includes Sarchione Ford and Sarchione Chevrolet . He will be working in all aspects of their car business including as an on-floor salesman. Gordon will also be heading all of their local community efforts including with the Wounded Warriors Project. He starts this weekend.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s82j76

MechDX

lmao are people really saying that? I've only seen the likes of Stephanie Stradley say people are. She been bothered by Case for some reason since he started giving TJ some competition last preseason.

Keenum got plenty of a chance, with any sort of a team last year, he wins some games, but it didn't happen. The fact that he got picked up fairly quickly tells me there's something there, not a starter, but a serviceable backup somewhere.

But he got his shot, and showed he's good enough to be an average backup, I just don't know that he's ever going to catch up to the NFL game at this point.

I just keep up the Keenum act now to annoy people. ^and it's clearly working.

Have you not been listening to 610/790 lately? Don't hit up Texans Talk or BRB? The zealots are out there in full force. I never want this team to sign a local ever again because the obsessive loyalty that follows is disgusting

Just found out I got a scholarship to take my personal training classes and test this weekend. It's a 3 day event fri - Sunday so might miss the game on Sunday if the test runs long -_-

Pls fight ignorance for me Browns Gaf. Might try and record it and go media black out if I know I'm gonna miss it. ...
This probably won't work

Miguel

Have you not been listening to 610/790 lately? Don't it up Texans Talk or BRB? The zealots are out there in full force. I never want this team to sign a local ever again because the obsessive loyalty that follows is disgusting

When I installed my new car stereo, I bought the wrong antenna adapter, and I honestly haven't missed it. I bought a hotspot for my car, and I either do spotify, the occasional podcast, or over the past few weeks, stream the Texans radio broadcast.

And, I came to the realization years ago that if you go to a forum and try to talk about the main subject of that site, you're gonna have a bad time.

NeoGAF? Football.
Clutchfans? TV shows mostly.

The gaming/basketball sections of those forums are cesspools. I guess the basketball section here is too, but that's beside the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom