• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 10 |OT| - Fright Night

RBH

DrewBreesNeckSuperSloMo.gif
I love this gif.

cajunator

Banned
Who's that going to be? The Saints don't look great, but everyone else looks really bad in comparison. I'm leaving hope with college football and watching the NFL with strained indifference. I really want to be mad, but I'm not going to waste my time.

Im just mad at defense for ALWAYS letting Brees down at the end of games. I mean a 60 yarder on a 4th and 10!!!!!!!!!!!

Godslay

Banned
That's a TD.

Can't win football games with turnovers. All 10 of those points are on Peyton. I'm not going to sugarcoat that.

Field position still matters even in OT. If you punt from the 50 and you pin them inside the ten, it's worth it. If you get a touchback, it's not worth it.

The value of the decision depends on the outcome of the punt. 4 and 2 is no gimme, and its value has to be compared with the relative values of a punt inside the ten and a punt to the 20.

Which is worth more do you think? 20 yards of field position or the winning points?

Saints were on the Niners 40 thereabouts. They had 2 options - go for it, or punt. They punted and got a touchback (odds of downing it inside the 10 from that part of the field are low, so that's to be expected) which means they gained 20 yards of net field position.

Their other option was to go for it. 2 yards to keep the drive alive. If Payton could go back, which do you think he would have picked?

Overtime rules are such that once you get past the 50 on your possession, punting it is tantamount to quitting on the game because once the opposing team gets the ball back (usually at the 20) the only have to drive 60 yards to win.

iori9999

Banned
Toe what line? What the hell are you talking about?

You're new here apparently. I've been preaching the Book of Matthew and the Book of Suh and the Book of Martin Mayhew long before you registered.

Most did not listen and are witnessing the Restoration of the Roar.

7-2

You're just a blind homer it's OK... Suh is legit though.. I bet you were a Schwartz fan also..

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
LIONS GAF! I just wanted to let you know that I'm undercover in the Bears GAF lair (Chicago) and we had a great win, and I'm here to do God's work tonight in reminding Bears fans that Jay Cutler WISHES he was Matty Stafford.

GO LIONS! BEARS ARE AWFUL! (except Johnny Knox he's mentally tough and a blue collar guy.)

Top Bottom