• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 11 |OT| - The Quarterback Duel of the Decade Out of the Shadows

Milchjon

#beerfriday

b6i7iKe.gif

chochas

Got a big bottle of Green Flash Black IPA for free. Past its best by date, but still nice.

It's about what you enjoy in a scotch. Peaty, malty, smoky, whatever.

Is there much about scotch that isn't enjoyable?

I'm curious about the Tomatin 18 year because it's a sherry cask, but I hear it's much better than a lot of sherry cask highlands are.

For the Japanese I've only had Yamazaki 12, which I love, and Hibiki 12, but by all accounts Japanese single malts are where it's at now, and getting a Nikka Yoichi for that price is probably a sound buy.

The real problem I have right now is that I am out of space on my bar shelf, and that's only going to get worse. I just managed to pick up a BTAC Thomas H Handy sazerac last night, I'm working on getting a bottle or two of Old Forester Birthday Bourbon, and it's coming up on Pappy season. The holidays are so fun for alcohol purchases.

I went to a Pats game last year and these old dudes had a trunk full of top shelf scotch.They looked broke in garbage crown victoria and had well over a grand of scotch in the trunk. It was so strange. We obviously made friends with them.

You never know. I drove a broke ass 1994 Ford Ranger up until a year or so ago that was worth less than my wine rack.

Too much peat.

False. It can be just right after dinner.

jakncoke

Banned
Got a big bottle of Green Flash Black IPA for free. Past its best by date, but still nice.

I got what I posted on twitter. So glad they got some late Pumking before it leaves. Good thing I was ehh on the Embrrr sounds like I was the only one to give it a chance and she probably wont be ordering it again. I should of asked if she could of gotten any other Ithaca

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Baseball salaries about to set a new high:

@JonHeymanCBS: #marlins, stanton closing in on $325M, 13-year deal. expected to have no-trade and opt-out. story up soon on @CBSSportsMLB

Milchjon

I got what I posted on twitter. So glad they got some late Pumking before it leaves. Good thing I was ehh on the Embrrr sounds like I was the only one to give it a chance and she probably wont be ordering it again. I should of asked if she could of gotten any other Ithaca

You should join Untappd.

I cut out most beer to try to save some carbs and calories. It sucks but what can you do. I drink it on weekends and occasions and drink whiskey as my every day now.

Baseball salaries about to set a new high:

@JonHeymanCBS: #marlins, stanton closing in on $325M, 13-year deal. expected to have no-trade and opt-out. story up soon on @CBSSportsMLB

I'm gonna force all my kids to become baseball players. Dudes will have billion dollar contracts by then

bionic77

I went to a Pats game last year and these old dudes had a trunk full of top shelf scotch.They looked broke in garbage crown victoria and had well over a grand of scotch in the trunk. It was so strange. We obviously made friends with them.

Too much peat.
How many black people tailgate at Pats games?

And how many Pats fans wear the custom IHATENIG**** Hernandez or Gronk jersey?

jakncoke

Banned
I cut out most beer to try to save some carbs and calories. It sucks but what can you do. I drink it on weekends and occasions and drink whiskey as my every day now.

The benefit of my shitty job is that I can just work a little harder to burn more and it be like I didnt drink. Take that white collar office workers of nfl-gaf!

bionic77

The benefit of my shitty job is that I can just work a little harder to burn more and it be like I didnt drink. Take that white collar office workers of nfl-gaf!
I actually envy people who actually have physical jobs or make something with their hands. Other than the money I always thought that the biggest advantage of my job was that I could do it until I was 70.

If it didn't involve having sex with your kids or the animals I would think that being a farmer would be cool (assuming I was good at it).

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Stat of the day:

The Detroit Lions have not started 7-2 since 1993, the last season they beat Arizona in Arizona.

The stars are aligning. The Football Gods are sending us messages.

Restore the Roar 2014.

jakncoke

Banned
I actually envy people who actually have physical jobs or make something with their hands. Other than the money I always thought that the biggest advantage of my job was that I could do it until I was 70.

If it didn't involve having sex with your kids or the animals I would think that being a farmer would be cool (assuming I was good at it).

The only real reason I hate my job atm is because Ive been busting my dick through my work only to have to help out the loser recyclers that take their time and or wait till they are done which is just as bad. Other than staying in shape lately no benefit at all at working hard.

LevelNth

Banned
Cano will rot in Seattle and Stanton will rot in Miami
I can think of far, FAR worse predicaments in life than being stuck in Miami as a 25 year old professional baseball player who just signed a fully guaranteed contract for $325 million dollars.

eznark

Banned
Stat of the day:

The Detroit Lions have not started 7-2 since 1993, the last season they beat Arizona in Arizona.

The stars are aligning. The Football Gods are sending us messages.

Restore the Roar 2014.

10-6 finish sounds about right.

Can't remember who knocked them out of the playoffs that year though.....

Lions fans, let's talk.

This is the biggest game of the season. If we win this game we control our destiny. Whether that means a 1-2 seed or a wildcard, we'll be able to determine how we finish. If we lose, all of a sudden GB has a chance to eliminate us in week 17. Arizona's schedule gets pretty tough after this weekend, and with Stanton at the helm I'd expect them to drop some games. So if they get that tie breaker on us we could very easily be fucked, despite the Cards struggling in future games.

Arizona won't be able to run on us, which means Drew Stanton has to beat us. Even as a Stafford unbeliever I can't help but think Stafford SHOULD be able to out-duel Stanton. Our TEs will be back, which means we can move the chains in the middle of the field as Megatron battles Peterson. If Stafford hurls the ball to Megatron all day we will lose, that's just a fact. If we can get Ebron, Fauria, and Tate in the middle of the field, or Bell and Riddick in the backfield for screens...we should win this game.

It's put up or shut up time, because there's no fucking way we beat GB on the road in week 17.
If we win and somehow the Packers lose then we can actually to lose the Pats game cause that game won't hurt us in tiebreakers. We'd have to win out the rest of the way till the Packers game.

Syrinx

And to think the Marlins are one of those "small market teams" everybody cries for when they talk about unfair having no salary cap in baseball is.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Stat of the day:

The Detroit Lions last went to the Super Bowl in... umm... uhh... never.

What exactly are we restoring again?

91zn00V9cTL._SL1500_.jpg

"Curse of Bobby Layne" In 1958, the Lions traded Layne to the Pittsburgh Steelers. Layne responded to the trade by supposedly saying that the Lions would "not win for 50 years".

We drafted Matthew Stafford with our #1 pick after the curse was over.

Matthew Stafford and Bobby Layne both attended the same high school in Texas, Highland Park High School.

These are not mere coincidences.

Bread

Banned
91zn00V9cTL._SL1500_.jpg

Matthew Stafford and Bobby Layne both attended the same high school in Texas, Highland Park High School.

kas i hope chan can get you some good meds

eznark

Banned

The Lions went 0-16 the year the "curse" ended bro. 29-51 since then.

Funny you posted that Kas, I was about to say you haven't beaten us in AZ since before Gata was born, in 93 ;) That's not changing! Protect the Nest! Go Cards! 9-1 here we come!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Just read Stinson is out for the game, sigh. I'm getting close to becoming numb when new injuries are announced so many have piled up. Stinson is a rookie but he's been terrific and really helped cover the losses to our front line. This is definitely a blow and a player I didn't expect to miss the game. He had a toe injury reported early in the week but I didn't think it was that serious and expected him to practice today and be a go. This was already next man up so I guess next next man up.

zychi

Banned
Kas is turning into a brony-like obsessed dude.
Weirdly creeped out, like those underage threads a few years ago with the 15 year old nickelodeon girls and all the dudes who had a million creepy gifs and pics

Kas is the nfl equivelant.

Bread

Banned
crazy how missing the first week of MCC's release has turned out to be a blessing for me

if it's fixed by tomorrow night when i get home i will lol

Top Bottom