• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 12 |OT| - Matt Stafford vs. the World

Red Comet

It never feels good rooting for the Gnats, but it'd be really nice if the Cowboys go into the Thanksgiving game against the Eagles in second place.

Godslay

Banned
Yeah but they've been playing pretty good this season except for a few games.

well yea, chandler jones is injured.

Sure, but is Jones going to be able to stop teams from running wild? Once a team can figure out they can run on the Pats, that line is going to crumble. It might not matter given the way they are playing, but it's the chink in the armor imo. That's just me being honest, no hatred in that one. Will it be exposed in the playoffs? Who knows?

eznark

Banned
Tony Romo is going to destroy Brady in the superbowl

Screen-Shot-2013-03-30-at-7.22.27-AM.png

jbug617

Banned
Sure, but is Jones going to be able to stop teams from running wild? Once a team can figure out they can run on the Pats, that line is going to crumble. It might not matter given the way they are playing, but it's the chink in the armor imo. That's just me being honest, no hatred in that one. Will it be exposed in the playoffs? Who knows?

other than the Jets game nobody ran on the Pats since the KC game.

Bread

Banned
We'll see how they look when Jones gets back. Branch and Wilfork have played well together, and the LBs have improved a lot too.

definitely

down 3-0 and the quick 3 and out meant a terrible day last year, now we have the secondary to hold teams down until the offense figures it out.

The best part is that every time our defense is on 3rd down I'm not expecting the worst. I mean we sometimes still fuck it up, but I feel like before this year we had the worst 3rd down defense in the NFL. Now I'm confident that our defense can get off the field quickly.

Colasante

Joique Bell: 19 carries for 48 yards, 2.5 average, long of 6
Ahmad Brashaw: 7 carries for 4 yards, 0.6 average, long of 5
Ronnie Hillman: 10 carries for 16 yards, 1.6 average, long of 4, 1 touchdown
Matt Forte: 19 carries for 114 yards, 5.1 average, long of 19

What a terrible chink in the armor it is.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
The good thing for the Phins is that they are not out of the hunt. They have a couple tough games, and a couple they should win. So that's a plus. It's out of reach to catch the Pats I think at this point, but at least they still have a shot to get to the tournament. That's all you can ask for at this point. That's all I ever really ask for, just get to the playoffs and hope for the best.
The Dolphins HAVE to win at least 4 of their last 5 games and hope the AFC west implodes while the north narrows to two competitors. With 6 teams vying for the wild card and the Bills closing in, it'll be pretty hard to get in without being at least 10-6.

On the bright side, I could see them winning 4 of the next 5.

Godslay

Banned
Joique Bell: 19 carries for 48 yards, 2.5 average, long of 6
Ahmad Brashaw: 7 carries for 4 yards, 0.6 average, long of 5
Ronnie Hillman: 10 carries for 16 yards, 1.6 average, long of 4, 1 touchdown
Matt Forte: 19 carries for 114 yards, 5.1 average, long of 19

What a terrible chink in the armor it is.

Wow congrats on shutting down Bell, who's team abandoned the run. Same for Hillman. You also used Bradshaw? Shame because you guys did a hell of a job shutting down Trent Truck. Bell had great success until the went away from him btw.

I'm telling you it's there. You can choose to disagree, but that's my opinion. That's how the Pats will be defeated if a team figures it out. Ram it down there throats, keep Brady off the field, and finish drives. That will neuter the secondary. I know it sounds simple, but that's how it will be done.

Oddly enough, a team like the Steelers feels like the right matchup to get it done. Just shooting from the hip. They might not even make the playoffs, so I guess it won't matter.

Top Bottom