• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 12 |OT| - Matt Stafford vs. the World

Respect

But the deadline to exercise that extension is May 2015. So if they aren't willing to commit to him in extending him then he really shouldn't be the QB in 2015. They should be looking for their next QB

And RG3 doesn't even look like an NFL backup at times. His play has been pretty poor and he doesn't seem like he's getting better

With the amount of picks and money they have invested in the guy, Snyder probably won't drop him...which is just hurting the team.

He just seems like an average pocket passer who is afraid to use his best ability, his athleticism. Maybe his knee is so screwed up he can't. Dude should not have played the rest of the year after that hit Ngata put on his knee.

rg3hurt.gif

LJ11

With the amount of picks and money they have invested in the guy, Snyder probably won't drop him...which is just hurting the team.

He just seems like an average pocket passer who is afraid to use his best ability, his athleticism. Maybe his knee is so screwed up he can't. Dude should not have played the rest of the year after that hit Ngata put on his knee.

But he used his athletic ability, and he wrecked his knee.

RG was a pocket passer at Baylor, he's a fast track guy, not a runner. He was never a good runner as an amateur, but his NFL coaches felt differently so they used him over and over again as a run threat. So they put a kid who wasn't used to running the ball or protecting himself in bad situations.

RG may have ended up this way regardless, as a poor QB, but I think this falls squarely on player development. It's not enough to draft a guy, you have to develop him Put him in good situations, regardless of position. Obviously some guys can't play, but putting a player in situations he's not comfortable with is a recipe for disaster.

Zeke

Sad thing is I don't think the skins have a coaching staff that can develop anyone. It won't matter who they draft or bring in. That organization needs to be gutted from top to bottom.

So RG3's 5th year option is $10m? I kinda wonder if both he and Gruden are gone after the year and WAS completely starts over

Gruden will be gone for sure I think. I have never heard a coach call out a QB like he did. RGIII's press conference yesterday was so bad, it has become a terrible situation, I think Snyder will find a new coach in the offseason, one that doesnt hate the QB. A $10m option is nothing, they will pick that up for sure, and try to find a coach and players that dont hate Robert.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/11/19/analysis-notebook-week-11-3/

Right now Borland reminds me of Luke Kuechly – a tackling machine with outstanding instincts and a nose for the football – and though it is early he is already impressing me more than Kuechly ever has. He might remind me a lot of Kuechly, but I think he may be a better player, and given that Kuechly is currently sitting atop the PFF inside linebacker rankings that is no small praise.

MechDX

I swear by all that is holy: If I EVER walk into Mike Florio on the street I am going to punch that troll square in his fucking face

Zeke

Gruden will be gone for sure I think. I have never heard a coach call out a QB like he did. RGIII's press conference yesterday was so bad, it has become a terrible situation, I think Snyder will find a new coach in the offseason, one that doesnt hate the QB. A $10m option is nothing, they will pick that up for sure, and try to find a coach and players that dont hate Robert.
Harbs to the skins!

Respect

But he used his athletic ability, and he wrecked his knee.

RG was a pocket passer at Baylor, he's a fast track guy, not a runner. He was never a good runner as an amateur, but his NFL coaches felt differently so they used him over and over again as a run threat. So they put a kid who wasn't used to running the ball or protecting himself in bad situations.

RG may have ended up this way regardless, as a poor QB, but I think this falls squarely on player development. It's not enough to draft a guy, you have to develop him Put him in good situations, regardless of position. Obviously some guys can't play, but putting a player in situations he's not comfortable with is a recipe for disaster.

It would have been interesting to see how he developed with Shanahan, had he not screwed up his knee. The clash and fallout between them may have been inevitable either way, but I would have liked to have seen it play out more on the field, not in the tabloids.

LJ11

Borland struggled a bunch early in the year, still has some issues in coverage but he's playing the run well. They just do a good job coaching that front 7, seems like they don't have drop offs. Plug and play. He was a good player at Wisconsin.

eznark

Banned
Borland struggled a bunch early in the year, still has some issues in coverage but he's playing the run well. They just do a good job coaching that front 7, seems like they don't have drop offs. Plug and play. He was a good player at Wisconsin.

He really only struggled against Denver, when injuries forced him to basically be the entire intermediate coverage unit. Other than that he has been pretty much lights out.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

You'd cut every coach and player just to appease a bad qb? That's definitely a Snyder move.

You'd cut every coach and player just to appease a bad qb? That's definitely a Snyder move.

I wouldnt, but I do think Dan will. Every thing that comes out about the QB situation in DC is that he loves RGIII. I cant see him keeping a coach that has never believed in RGIII and now is openly antagonistic towards him.

bionic77

Why is Clay Matthews in Pitch Perfect 2?

clay-matthews-pitch-perfect-2.gif
I am getting old.

Never heard of this movie. Never heard of Iggy whatever and I never played Dragons Age and don't even know what kind of game it is.

I will let you guys know what it is like to be clueless of pop culture as I get used to it.

eznark

Banned
Gruden is smart. I think he probably realizes what a fucking shitty situation Washington is and he is drawing a line in the sand. Maybe he'll get Fisher'd and the owner will pick the fuck-awful QB but I doubt it. And even if he does, this one year in Washington basically does nothing to tarnish Gruden given what he was working with.

LevelNth

Banned
What will they do about the fact that he's terrible at football?

Zeke

Does Harbs like RGIII? I would be worried about them clashing after hearing all the crazy stuff thsat Harbs does. Skins should find a college coach that is all upbeat and positive.
Couldn't say if he likes him or not. I'm also not sure what to think of all the stories of him being lazy and teammates not liking him but I imagine harbs would instill some discipline in the locker room.

He struggled in the preseason as he bit so much on PA. He struggled against peypey as it was his first game starting and come on there were times he was on D. Thomas with no pass rush. Literally any lb is going to get toasted under those circumstances.

He has been incredible and has reminded me of a young pwill. Yeah I compared a white player to a black! With that said 4 games isn't enough to say either way but so far it looks like a pretty good 3rd round pick

DMczaf

I am getting old.

Never heard of this movie. Never heard of Iggy whatever and I never played Dragons Age and don't even know what kind of game it is.

I will let you guys know what it is like to be clueless of pop culture as I get used to it.

Do not go gentle into that good night

brentech

I am getting old.

First I've heard it.

Clay Matthews, Bakhtiari and fellow Pitch Perfect-obsessed offensive ilnemen T.J. Lang, Don Barclay and Josh Sitton during a competition. Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers' younger brother, Jordan, is also in the group.

http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=40&post_id=44251

LJ11

He struggled in the preseason as he bit so much on PA. He struggled against peypey as it was his first game starting and come on there were times he was on D. Thomas with no pass rush. Literally any lb is going to get toasted under those circumstances.

He has been incredible and has reminded me of a young pwill. Yeah I compared a white player to a black! With that said 4 games isn't enough to say either way but so far it looks like a pretty good 3rd round pick

Yeah, he was getting roasted on PA, can't blame him. Not trying to kill him or anything, I'm more impressed that he actually struggled early but improved his game so much. I've watched him closely because I wanted an LB in the '14 draft for the Bills. We took one, not the one I wanted, but he's been ok. Still I would have taken Borland over Brown, but everyone is scared of length when it comes to LBs. Meanwhile he takes on blocks like a champ outside of the Denver game anyway. He was trying to loop around guys against the Broncos.

There are three things I find hilarious about this picture.

1: A 5-10 team can win a division. Meaning the other teams are objectively worse. That's a really bad division.

2: A team with 11 wins would have to travel to a 5 win team in the playoffs. That's gotta sting for them.

3: As good as the Lions are, I could totally see them blowing the game and losing to said 5 win team.

Forbiden

Pats officially announce the signing of Blount. They released Casey Walker to make room.

Not sure how I feel about this one. He had been bouncing from team to team for a reason, but I doubt bb would have brought him back if he didn't think the trade off was worth it.

And terrible news on Chandler. I was hoping if not for this weekend, he'd be back for the tough game that is going to be vs the packers. Hopefully he heals soon.

Bowser

I wish I could see this Luke Kuechly that Panthers fans see. Seems like a really good player, compared to regular Luke Kuechly.

He hasn't been as good this season as in the past (that said, he's still the top ILB according to PFF's rankings), but to say Borland looks more impressive than Luke has EVER looked is asinine.

Not sure how I feel about this one. He had been bouncing from team to team for a reason, but I doubt bb would have brought him back if he didn't think the trade off was worth it.

And terrible news on Chandler. I was hoping if not for this weekend, he'd be back for the tough game that is going to be vs the packers. Hopefully he heals soon.

He's probably going to be signed to the PS.

If Harbaugh leaves, front office should take a long hard look at Fangio as HC (or at the very least pay the man to stay). His job over the years and especially this year with so many injuries to the defensive unit has been downright impressive. That and he has a solid rep as a straight shooter who tells it like it is.

Tom Penny

What are you saying

They haven't skipped a beat. Jones coming back is a bonus at this point. I can't imagine him being anything more than a 3rd and long situational pass rusher this season if he comes back. I think Mayo is overrated. It's not like the Pat didn't get 200 yards rushed on them twice when he played this year.

Top Bottom