• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 12 |OT| - Matt Stafford vs. the World

eznark

Banned
Yeah, he was getting roasted on PA, can't blame him. Not trying to kill him or anything, I'm more impressed that he actually struggled early but improved his game so much. I've watched him closely because I wanted an LB in the '14 draft for the Bills. We took one, not the one I wanted, but he's been ok. Still I would have taken Borland over Brown, but everyone is scared of length when it comes to LBs. Meanwhile he takes on blocks like a champ outside of the Denver game anyway. He was trying to loop around guys against the Broncos.

Spielman did tons of Badger games while Borland was there and he seriously never shut the fuck up about height and length.

Respect

Not sure how I feel about this one. He had been bouncing from team to team for a reason, but I doubt bb would have brought him back if he didn't think the trade off was worth it.

And terrible news on Chandler. I was hoping if not for this weekend, he'd be back for the tough game that is going to be vs the packers. Hopefully he heals soon.

It is a low risk-high reward deal...it is the minimum with incentives. He acts up? He's gone, small cap hit.

For Chandler, I think they are just being more cautions (Belichick seems to be more cautions with injured players to me...something he didn't pick up from Parcells). He'd rather have a 100% heathly Jones for the playoffs than an 80% jones with a higher chance of injury...that is my feeling anyway.

LJ11

If Harbaugh leaves, front office should take a long hard look at Fangio as HC (or at the very least pay the man to stay). His job over the years and especially this year with so many injuries to the defensive unit has been downright impressive. That and he has a solid rep as a straight shooter who tells it like it is.

He does a good job, teams still can't block their stunts. Credit to the FO though, they've drafted well and have a bunch of depth.

I mean Lynch was a talented guy, and he's perfect on those tackle end games they play. Goes back to what I was saying earlier, they put a guy in a position to do what he does best. They tell him to loop around, and run to daylight on those stunts/twists whatever the hell you want to call them, and Lynch is good at it. He's good at a lot of things honestly.

Said it back in May/June, SF most talented team in the league on paper, stocked at a ton of positions. Depth has helped them this year, they would have been in even bigger trouble if they didn't draft and develop players.

Desperately need CBs though.

Spielman did tons of Badger games while Borland was there and he seriously never shut the fuck up about height and length.

I liked the Spielman and Meyer combo, but Spielman just never shuts up now. He's still pretty good but he just talks way too much.

eznark

Banned
Oh yeah generally he's very good. But it was the constant incredulity that Borland was able to successful that eventually got grating. Like back when that Nguyen kid played.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/1e2e/
1e2e_back_to_the_future_flux_capacitor_watch.gif

I know it's a giant waste of money...but I must have it.

Colasante

Dominique Easley didn't practice today. Probably means that he won't play on Sunday, which would be a shame. He might've had his best game of the season against the Colts.

LJ11

They should push the game to Tuesday, I also think it's fair to push the following game to Monday as well for both the Jets and Bills. Maybe I'm just too simple minded though.

Forbiden

Dominique Easley didn't practice today. Probably means that he won't play on Sunday, which would be a shame. He might've had his best game of the season against the Colts.

What the hell is going on? Is he injured? Players are starting to drop in the most important part of the season :/

Colasante

What the hell is going on? Is he injured? Players are starting to drop in the most important part of the season :/

He's been dealing with a knee injury, but he also missed two practices last week. He claimed it was part of his regular rehab program, but it's hard to know for sure. It didn't prevent him from playing last week, so it might not be that serious.

Jamarcus Russell had a better record than RG3 at this point in their careers.

B2rgJQECEAAxEq9.png:large

Tonight the Raiders hit the 11 loss plateau for the 10th time in the last 12 years.

And 5-3 against the Steelers during that stretch. Not sure if we'll pull it out this year tho, it's really up to Ben, dude can't win in Oakland, but maybe this is the year.

edit: lol nevermind, guess we don't play this year. Thought we did.

JABEE

Do you guys think RG3 would succeed as a pocket passer with Chip Kelly if he were cut by Washington? Are his knees done?

Top Bottom