• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 12 |OT| - Matt Stafford vs. the World

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So was RG3 a case of flash in the pan success and other teams just figured him out?

He was good the first half of his rookie year.

Zeke

His issue seems to be he's lazy and doesn't put in the time to get better. Physically he's sound enough to be a good qb. I think he would do good in a Coryell type offense. KC runs a variant of it and works well for Alex Smith. Cowboys ran a variant of it in the 90's and Garrett currently runs a variant of it too.

I'm only going to say this once.

If it was New England that was getting all the snow, they would still play the game, still sell out, and still win by 17 with Brady getting 3 TD passes.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm only going to say this once.

If it was New England that was getting all the snow, they would still play the game, still sell out, and still win by 17 with Brady getting 3 TD passes.

120813_EaglesLions_KRG1387.jpg

We'll see about that

I don't think the majority of his problems are physical, anymore.

Chris Cooley agrees with you.

“My ultimate evaluation is: he is gun-shy in the pocket. He is so so concerned about anyone putting a hand on him in the pocket…he doesn’t feel what’s going on around him, he doesn’t see what’s going on down the field. He’s not capable of moving and scrambling to make a good throw, he’s inaccurate when he’s on the move, and he’s really inefficient,” Cooley said. “And as a player, if I were on that team — and I will promise you, all the players would feel this way, because I would feel this way, and you’re wrong to not feel this way — he will not allow you to get better as a player, the way he played in this one week.

“This was one week,” Cooley emphasized. “And this was an evaluation of one week. I thought he played okay in Minnesota. So keep this in mind. If he continued to play like this for one or two more games, he really decreases the value of who he is moving forward at any point in the NFL, with any other team. He really hurts what he can do potentially. Because any scout, coach, fan can look at this film and say, if this is who he is, we can’t get better as a team.

“If I’m Sean McVay and Jay Gruden right now — no joke, if I’m them right now — I’m sitting in an office on a Tuesday, scratching my head and saying I don’t know what we can put in. We’re really struggling to execute and get the ball in the right direction on easy plays. Like, EASY plays. So I don’t know what we install. I’m not sure, as a staff, how you walk into that install meeting [Wednesday] and say these plays are gonna be great, this is gonna be good here, these spots are [gonne be] here against this coverage. Based on that performance, it’s a real struggle to continue to grow as an entire group of guys.

“That’s where I say you’ve installed an offense, and you want to get better, but the quarterback has to be good enough to see how other things work, see how what you’re doing can work,” Cooley said. “You can fail. You can throw the ball and fail. You can have misses. But he’s not even taking chances to miss. In this one game.”

Said it yesterday guy needs to be benched so coaches can actually work with him. He isn't ready to be a starter unfortunately for him there aren't many if any teams that are willing to develop young qb's. I think he's worth a shot if gets into the right system with the right coaches and players.

I would take him over Foles. Then again I would take gata over Foles at this point.

Zeke

I would take him over Foles. Then again I would take gata over Foles at this point.
I think he could dangerous in chips offense I also think he could do well in garretts offense. I can't really blame him for being gun shy guy has damn near been murdered his entire career.

Top Bottom