• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 13 |OT| California Gurls

TheFatOne

Eh, that's not the worst loss. They put themselves back in position to win. Packers are just too damn good.

Can't go down big against the Packers. You can't do anything against their weakness on defense that way. If the Pats had their shit together early they had a shot. It just shows the value of not getting down big early especially on the road. Hard to play a game like that. Packers could just sit back and go after Brady since they were sitting on the lead. In a close game you can run on the Packers. Overall not a horrendous game from the Pats, but I still worry about Brady on the road. He just doesn't seem like the same qb on the road anymore. Misses the easy throws, and makes too many mental mistakes.

Cloudy

Banned
What does Rodgers' 319 stand for? Is it just a cadence thing or is he calling something out?

BTW this game was not as close as it appears. Packers aren't usually this poor in the redzone

Bradys-Spikes-The-Ball-And-Goes-Nuts-GIF.gif
Brady spazzes out more then any Qb I've seen.

It is what it is. I didn't think we was gonna win the division at the start. We just need to clinch a playoff spot at least and work from there.

Duxxy3

And somehow there will be teams out there that go after McDaniels for a head coaching position. After that joke of an offensive effort.

Trey

Close game, Pats came up huge in redzone, otherwise it would have been a blowout. Obvious observations. Brady gets so frustrated with pressure up the middle, most qbs do, but he gets so irritated with traffic at his feet.

His footwork isn't as good as Rodgers, Manning or Luck's.

Really his only glaring shortfall compared to his other elite contemporaries.

TheFatOne

Close game, Pats came up huge in redzone, otherwise it would have been a blowout. Obvious observations. Brady gets so frustrated with pressure up the middle, most qbs do, but he gets so irritated with traffic at his feet.

Hasn't been the same since that acl injury/07 super bowl.

Nerve-wracking game from the second quarter onwards. But damn did it live up to the hype. Pats-GAF are good sports, let's do this again in Santa Clara.

Can't win 'em all. Great game by the Packers, Rodgers was just too good.
Good game Pats-GAF!

I know we fight a lot in this thread, and I'm still not sure I can reconcile your choice of football teams, but I recognize that people are entitled to their own lifestyle choices and I won't think less of you for it!

Rumors of the Pats demise this year have been much exaggerated. Brady doesn't have the arm strength any more, but he can still get the job done. Defense looks pretty good. They'll be tough in the playoffs.

eznark

Banned
Real talk: that was a fucking football game. Holy shit that was fun.

Both defenses played about as well as they are capable of, which was awesome. It wasn't the shootout most expected and the Patriots red zone defense kept it from the blowout that the stats kind of say it was. Fun ass game. Hope we see the Patriots again in the super bowl.

Score doesn't really tell the tale for this game. GB may be flat out better than NE, not just winning one at home. I'll take a rematch for the super bowl. Fun game.

GB definitely better than NE, in a rematch have to figure GB will get more TDs in the red zone than all those fgs. Adams dropped that sure TD. If the Pats were going to beat the Packers, this was their chance.

Green Bay beats the Patriots by at least 10 points in a rematch, I could easily see 14 pt victory.

Denver would give Green Bay a better game.

Top Bottom