• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 13 |OT| California Gurls

Godslay

Banned
Agreed, use Hillman as a change of pace for some speed now and then, but Ball or Hillman shouldn't be anywhere near the top of the depth chart.

Wouldn't hurt to mix in Hillman. I can agree with that. I will give the OL props, they've turned it around and given CJ room to run. CJ has made a ton of plays after contact though, which no other back on this team aside from Juwan in spots, has proven they can do. Fox/Gase would be smart not to tinker too much with what is working right now.

ShaneB

Bleh. An expected rough game I suppose. Moving on to next week and argueably the game that decides the season.

GG Broncos.

7A1uidc.gif

CJ Anderson ran all over.

Lenz44

Banned
Wouldn't hurt to mix in Hillman. I can agree with that. I will give the OL props, they've turned it around and given CJ room to run. CJ has made a ton of plays after contact though, which no other back on this team aside from Juwan in spots, has proven they can do. Fox/Gase would be smart not to tinker too much with what is working right now.

I love watching CJ run, it's oddly satisfying watching a running back do so well. It's the one thing I have missed about Denver for the past couple of years.

JNA

Banned
Cheifs can still win against the Cards next week with the way they are playing.

Give me dat #1 seed yo!

Godslay

Banned
He does need to step it up again so they can score more TD's. He definitely had a bad day but I'm sure he'll rebound from this. No matter how good CJ looks the passing game will always be the main priority for opposing defenses so that's definitely a good thing going forward.

Sure. They have to do better in the redzone. We'll hopefully see that improve with Orange Julius back. Manning does have to be sharper as well.

I would be completely fine with mixing Green in there as well. He's earned it, and he's doing a great job blocking. Julius can have some reduced snaps in order to preserve the run game as far as I'm concerned.

Was over when Denver went up 14-0

KC battled back in the first game, so I wasn't counting them out.

Fuck you Bob Costas.

Godslay

Banned
Bleh. An expected rough game I suppose. Moving on to next week and argueably the game that decides the season.

GG Broncos.

7A1uidc.gif

CJ Anderson ran all over.

GG Shane and the rest of KC fans.

I love watching CJ run, it's oddly satisfying watching a running back do so well. It's the one thing I have missed about Denver for the past couple of years.

It helps Manning at this stage. Also makes the offense more 'portable'. Run/Pass balanced offense allows them to be more consistent on the road, as well as making the defense look better on paper. If we play like this consistently, this type of football can win anywhere in any weather.

I enjoy him too. He and Juwan actually have good vision and cut back well.

ShaneB

GG Shane and the rest of KC fans.

It helps Manning at this stage. Also makes the offense more 'portable'. Run/Pass balanced offense allows them to be more consistent on the road, as well as making the defense look better on paper. If we play like this consistently, this type of football can win anywhere in any weather.

I enjoy him too. He and Juwan actually have good vision and cut back well.

GG bud, respect to getting a solid run game attack.

JNA

Banned
Well I'll think I'll go off here now. Good shit Packers with that win. Do it again next week against the Falcons yo. :D

LJ11

So I'm reading the Joe Posnanski piece on Priest Holmes and I came across this:

Brian Billick had just taken the job as Baltimore Ravens coach, and he called Priest Holmes aside and told him, straight out: “You are not my kind of running back.”

This was just after Holmes’ 1,000-yard season, just after he had scaled those crazy odds and gone from NFL free agent to NFL star. “He told me, ‘People around this team respect you, I’m not even sure why,'” Holmes says. “And then he said that he wanted a big back, an intimidating back, he wanted his own Jerome Bettis, his own Eddie George, his own Corey Dillon. I didn’t blame him really. I just told him, ‘Well, I don’t think I can get any bigger.”

Now it's obviously one side of the story, who knows if that's how it went down, and every GM/Coach wants "their guy(s)," but odds are stacked against a lot of guys simply because coaches have this "image" of their "ideal" player and ignore what they have in front of them. Draft slots and $, often win out. Just sad to read shit like this.

Edit: Saw that Brady gif earlier, hilarious. How the fuck does that happen?

Syrinx

So I'm reading the Joe Posnanski piece on Priest Holmes and I came across this:

Now it's obviously one side of the story, who knows if that's how it went down, and every GM/Coach wants "their guy(s)," but odds are stacked against a lot of guys simply because coaches have this "image" of their "ideal" player and ignore what they have in front of them. Draft slots and $, often win out. Just sad to read shit like this.

Edit: Saw that Brady gif earlier, hilarious. How the fuck does that happen?

“He told me, ‘People around this team respect you, I’m not even sure why,'” Holmes says.

Who the fuck says this to a guy?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Poor Kave. I almost feel sorry for him. Then I remember all the shit he talked and then I laugh and I laugh and I laugh.

mja6X1h.jpg

Patriots7

There's a conspiracy theory going on that Belichick tanked this game because he believes we're gonna see them in the SB, and thus wants Green Bay confident that they can easily beat us.

I think the saddest thing is, people actually are trying to justify that it's even plausible.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
"When Schaub plays catch with his kids, someone intercepts the ball"

Holy fuck. That got me good.

JNA

Banned
I just realized something and wanted to ask this question:

If there was a Kicker in College that is going to the NFL draft that is capable of kicking 80 yard field goals consistently, should he be a number 1 pick in the draft?

It's of course unrealistic and pretty damn unlikely but just a fun question to ask anyway. Mostly because game after game, I just imagine how much of a big impact a kicker like that could make in a game with that kind of power and accuracy. Games where your offense doesn't do much or even ever get to the red zone but just enough where you can get 3 points almost every offensive drive.

Top Bottom