• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 13 |OT| California Gurls

Spinluck

Mech is Johnny Manziel's biggest fan. It's why he's put on the avatar.

Mech lost his power a while a ago, he's not the same person.

He is like that one kid in that baseball movie who broke his arm and went pro because it gave him super pitching powers. But then got his arm broken again then lost them.

eznark

Banned
Mech's spiral into insanity and irrelevance has been almost more shocking and abrupt than Cam Newton's. It's truly a been a sad, overlooked story from the 2014 NFL GAF season. I remember a time not long ago when Mech was a totally rational guy with a hatred of his QB and head coach. Unfortunately, it seems he was unable to contain that hatred and it spilled out, overtaking his life and his senses. An irrational and uncalled for hatred of Manziel really should have alerted all of us to something being wrong. He's gone from Texan, to Patriot to Colt fan, from a lover of Fitz to a sad misguided believer in Mallett to a wounded, broken shell of a man.

We're pulling for you mech. You can beat this. You're in our prayers.

#mechstrong2015

jmdajr

image.php

kT4v2br.png

It shall be done.

Damn. Well you gotta try everything I guess.

20141130_texanstitans_btc_41.jpg

edit: Nice Texans actually scored more on Titans than the Colts! Dat Fitzmagic!!!!

Interesting. My cousin who was at the Packers/Pats game yesterday with my little brothers says he can get tickets to the Lions game week 17. I think it's about time I go to my first NFL game.

eznark

Banned
Stephen A just said that if GB gets home field that the only team stands a change against them is the Cowboys.

Dafuq.

lol not even close. The Cowboys are a dream matchup for Green Bay. Lions, Seattle and San Francisco can still win in Lambeau. Dallas? No. It'll take a great defense.

New England's defense is really, really good. That's why they almost won.

Watching the Jets is always fun. Watching the Jets against the best defense in the league will be extra fun!
Best defense in the league wouldn't blow three leads late in the fourth. :(

Also, one of the two starting CB's will be either a 4th round rookie or a guy signed off of the street this past week. Chink in the armor!

That Broncos game has me really worried about this defense. Run D got exposed, LB's in coverage got exposed, CB's not named Grimes got exposed...

jmdajr

Playoff Fantasy time!

I'm surprised GB Defense isn't projected to have more points against the Falcons. Am I missing something? I mean doesn't home field advantage give them super powers????

Florida supposedly going after Josh McDaniels for their head coaching position. From Gata to Gators. Wonder if he brings Tebow in as an assistant.

eznark

Banned
Best defense in the league wouldn't blow three leads late in the fourth. :(

Also, one of the two starting CB's will be either a 4th round rookie or a guy signed off of the street this past week. Chink in the armor!

That Broncos game has me really worried about this defense. Run D got exposed, LB's in coverage got exposed, CB's not named Grimes got exposed...

Peyton Manning is a pretty legit comp for Geno Smith/Mike Vick, so I see why you are worried.

Patriots7

Packer wide outs only had 265 yards, 16 catches and a touchdown.

Congrats to the Patriots vaunted secondary for shutting down the Packers wide receivers.
I don't understand this team.

Easily shut down 4 of the most talented receiving corps in the league.
Fall apart against Green Bay.

Stand up well against 3 of the best front seven in the league. Fall apart against Green Bay.

I guess I just made the mistake in believing our defense still wasn't a giant walking liability.

Stand up well against 3 of the best front seven in the league. Fall apart against Green Bay.

I guess I just made the mistake in believing our defense still wasn't a giant walking liability.

...the defense kept them in the game though? The offense fell flat that game.

The Packers are playing at an unbelievable level right now when it comes to passing offense. There is no defense for some of the throws Rodgers is making. Look at what he's done to every other defense they've played after the Lions game.

eznark

Banned
The Packers are playing at an unbelievable level right now when it comes to passing offense. There is no defense for some of the throws Rodgers is making. Look at what he's done to every other defense they've played after the Lions game.

Davante Adams Saves the World (Boykin had been the #3 the first couple weeks)

eznark

Banned
It bums me out that Boykin hasn't grown into the #3 role but at this point it's obvious that the job should belong to Adams.

Adams has been pretty unbelievable. It's a fucking shame he dropped that ball for the TD or he would'be been the talk of the week. As it is he is still getting tons of deserved love, but man a score there would've been enormous (especially since I started him in fanduel!)

jbug617

Banned
What do you feel about this Packers Gaf?

As far as the customary post-game handshake between coaches, New England’s Bill Belichick usually goes with the less-is-more approach, especially after close losses like Sunday’s 26-21 defeat at the hands of the Packers.

That’s why it was so significant that at Lambeau Field on Sunday night, Belichick and McCarthy embraced and then Belichick spent several seconds talking to McCarthy, with a few headshakes mixed in for emphasis. Translation: “That’s a damn fine football team you have that was hell to prepare and play against. You guys do a great job.”

“I’ll just say this: he was very gracious, and that’s about as far as I’ll go,” said McCarthy, who aced the first rule of Belichick Club—you don’t talk about Belichick Club. “He has set the standard for an NFL head coach, definitely in my time in the league. It’s awesome to go up and compete against his team and no one does it better than what he’s done.”

It certainly helps that the two teams are in different conferences and only meet once every four years (if McCarthy was in the AFC East, it wouldn’t happen regularly if at all), but that should not diminish the symbolism of the moment. It certainly wasn’t lost on me, someone who has covered both men up close in my career.

Here was Belichick, certainly the best coach in the NFL today if not ever, clueing us all on this fact: Michael John McCarthy is one of the great coaches in the NFL. And it’s time for everyone to regard him as such.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/12/01/mike-mccarthy-green-bay-packers/

Adams has been pretty unbelievable. It's a fucking shame he dropped that ball for the TD or he would'be been the talk of the week. As it is he is still getting tons of deserved love, but man a score there would've been enormous (especially since I started him in fanduel!)
That was smart. Seems like you can expect him to blow up against any team with 1 or 2 CB's that excel in man coverage. Work so hard to take away Jordy and Cobb, Adams will burn you all night long. Hard to see anyone slowing the Packers down if they keep this up.

I tried to tell everyone weeks ago that they were the best team in the NFC!

Who collapses the hardest and misses the playoffs altogether in the NFC?

- Cards looked bad yesterday against the Falcons and finish the season with 3 straight divisional games (2 away)
- Cowboys have to go to Philly and play the Colts at home still, and have a loseable game to the Redskins to end the season.
- Seahwaks look like they're getting it all together at the right time, but have to go to Philly and also play 3 straight divisional games to end the season.
- Eagles looked good against the Cowboys, but how much can Kelly do to keep Sanchez from Sanchezing? They also have tough games ahead against Seattle and 3 straight division games too.
- Lions have the "easiest" road with games against 3 sub .500 teams and then a slaughtering in GB. But as everybody knows, Detroit will drop at least 1 (probably 2) games against one of the sub .500 teams (likely Chicago just so Bob can message me about it) and miss out.
- 49ers still have a shot to make it in. but have to face the Seahawks, Chargers and Cards in 3 of the last 4 games.They probably face the toughest road ahead
- Falcons and Saints come down to who can fuck up less. Unbelievably, one of them has a chance to end the season at 9-7.

I guess it doesn't really matter who gets in when the Packers are going to be waltzing to the Superbowl, barring some catastrophic injury. I just hope they don't start Flynn in the final week against Detroit. I can't relive that game again

Colasante

You're being so overdramatic. The defense was without its best pass rusher. I don't care about Revis giving up the touchdown before the half, that was a great play by Nelson and bad defense from McCourty; aside from that, he provided excellent coverage. Browner was amazing as well, he was only targeted three times and gave up one reception for five yards. What a liability.

So the best quarterback in football, possibly ever, scored two touchdowns and racked up almost 400 yards, targeting the 4th and 5th cornerbacks and isolating our defensive ends in coverage. Oh no, how terrible that freaking Rob Ninkovich can't cover Randall Cobb. What a bum. All this, despite the defense holding him to zero touchdowns in the red zone. It happens. If you cry about that and think the team is terrible because they let that happen, you're better off just not watching.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/12/01/mike-mccarthy-green-bay-packers/

Bedard is so much better than anyone else. Great article.

McCarthy is one of the best coaches in football and has been for a long time. He gets overlooked because he has great QB's, but I don't think their greatness is a happy accident. McCarthy is probably the second best coach in football right now to Arians.

Yeah, I don't agree with that. I think Belichick has been the better coach than McCarthy this season, but there's no doubt McCarthy spanked him yesterday.

Respect

A fair amount of that goes to Rodgers though, if NE tries to blitz, he beats them, if NE breaks the pocket down, but lose contain he just moves around and makes great throws on the run...or he can run for big yardage if nothing is there. It is very tough to keep contain on Rodgers and put pressure all without blizting and that was NE's dilemma.

Top Bottom