• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 14 |OT| Best In The World

GQman2121

Banned
He wasn't a "defenseless receiver" at that point. He had multiple steps and didn't catch the ball because he got alligator arms and knew the contact was coming. It was a bad call.

You can't spring out of your stance and hit a guy. Under the rule as it's written, it's the right call. It doesn't matter if it's his head or body. You just can't coil and launch yourself at a defender anymore. It makes this shit less fun to watch, and likely goes against everything that the majority of these players have been coached to do since they were in high school, but that is the rule in a nutshell.

You can't spring out of your stance and hit a guy. Under the rule as it's written, it's the right call. It doesn't matter if it's his head or body. You just can't coil and launch yourself at a defender anymore. It makes this shit less fun to watch, and likely goes against everything that the majority of these players have been coached to do since they were in high school, but that is the rule in a nutshell.

Yup. I don't know how many times that shit has to be called before dumbfuck players stop doing it.

bionic77

Gates looks like he is pregnant.

And does Rivers throw the ugliest ball in the history of the NFL? It works but it looks so bad.

Duxxy3

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit...

BCP4b4g.gif

GQman2121

Banned
Yup. I don't know how many times that shit has to be called before dumbfuck players stop doing it.

I mean, it's hard to go against everything you've ever been told to do for such a long period of time. Jacked Up was a Sunday morning staple of ESPN for how many seasons?

Also, some of these vets likely remember coaches getting on their asses--some of them likely being cut--for not going full speed at all times. So there's a mental aspect to consider too.

Got one of the refurbished bones from the Microsoft store Black Friday deal. Get a disk read error 0x80820002 when I try to play a game. Hahaha FUCK you Microsoft!

Top Bottom