• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 14 |OT| Best In The World

Spinluck

Well, Reggie has been playing with knee and elbow injury. Oh yeah, and a torn tricep.

This makes sense since he was a non factor this past Sunday, and nowhere near his normal speed and route running ability. Couldn't catch either.

I expect an IR announcement some time this week. Fuck everything.

Jason La Canfora is quite the pissy cunt.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24873735/jasonlacanfora
Time to move on from Alex Smith: The Chiefs passing “attack” is even more pathetic than Miami's. I don't care what they gave Alex Smith and why they did it, but this team will need a new quarterback in 2015. To watch them trailing by three, with a little over a minute to play, around their own 30, and for Smith to toss an array of screens and check downs was hard to watch. Hard to swallow. Hard to fathom. They don't even pretend they believe in their ability to complete a downfield pass. It's sent their season into crisis – two long Jamaal Charles runs amounted to their entire offense Sunday* at Arizona – and the offensive line doesn't inspire much confidence and Smith does anything but that. Good luck deciding who made the right call in the Alex Smith/Colin Kaepernick trade. I mean it was a steal for the 49ers to get two high picks for Smith, but as for which quarterback I'd want right now, I'd still go with Kaepernick there as well. He's younger. He has an arm (though it's been wildly inaccurate at times) and he has the athleticism.

*Alex Smith threw for 293 Yards

KC's season is not in crisis to begin with. It was headed to 8 or 9 wins from the start. The losing streak has something to do with allowing the 90 yard TD run and 80 yard drive to OAK, maybe? Allowing Denver to run for over 200, maybe? Allowing a practice squad guy to run for 100, maybe?
Having the least total take-aways on the season, maybe?

More brilliant words from him from 9 months ago...
The warts in Kaepernick's game -- a completion percentage below 60, for instance -- only stand to improve, and his accuracy I suspect will shine over time (recall he played almost exclusively in the shotgun in college in an offense that, at the time, was considered a novelty). He is just starting to morph into what he will become, he has the kind of size and speed and instincts that cannot be taught, and he has thrived despite having to deal with some offensive limitations around him in terms of game-breaking personnel.

Alex Smith is below average at worst and with a decent coach he can be above average. Kap sucks against everyone except Green Bay and is too much of a dumbfuck to learn how to improve.

Alex Smith is below average at worst and with a decent coach he can be above average. Kap sucks against everyone except Green Bay and is too much of a dumbfuck to learn how to improve.

Smith is that. Doesn't elevate a offense but doesn't barf all over himself and throw games away.

The 49ers points scored the past 7 games is on avg 14.7. (4.7 of the points are FGs)
TD + XPs of 10 a game over near 2 months?!?!
The defense totaled 11 takeaways over that period.

On pace to score less points than the worst of the Singletary era when he thought it was a good idea to play Troy Smith and he got 6 starts.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
All this talk about weak ass QBs like Alexis Smith.

Have you ever heard of Stafford Windows?

Stafford Windows

You can't teach that footwork, pocket presence or arm strength.

Matthew Stafford is the best QB under the age of 30 in the NFL.

A Cassell window is a residential window and there's nothing wrong with a residential window, but you can't try to throw it into a porthole, which is a Stafford window.

Smith is that. Doesn't elevate a offense but doesn't barf all over himself and throw games away.

The 49ers points scored the past 7 games is on avg 14.7. (4.7 of the points are FGs)
TD + XPs of 10 a game over near 2 months?!?!
The defense totaled 11 takeaways over that period.

On pace to score less points than the worst of the Singletary era when he thought it was a good idea to play Troy Smith and he got 6 starts.

One of the darkest moments an NFL franchise has suffered.

JNA

Banned
I never knew this but apparently a kicker actually won NFL MVP once, back in 1982. Mark Mosley (I probably spelled his last name wrong).

Serious question but what do you guys think it would take today for a kicker to win MVP again? Mark was apparently 95% in his field goals along with making 7 game winning field goals that season.

So if a Kicker posted these numbers for example: 41-42 FG (97%) with 10 of those being 50+, maybe even making a 60+ field goal or two?

I've always been very curious at the idea of a kicker who is capable of consistently kicking longer than 60+ yard field goals and how much of an effect that would have on a team's scoring. I mean, winning a game on field goals alone would be pretty damn difficult, but what if you had a kicker that as long as you don't end up being 4th down at your own 20 or 10 yard line, can kick and make pretty much ever field goal on every drive?

Would that be MVP worthy?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I never knew this but apparently a kicker actually won NFL MVP once, back in 1982. Mark Mosley (I probably spilled his last name wrong).

Serious question but what do you guys think it would take today for a kicker to win MVP again? Mark was apparently 95% in his field goals along with making 7 game winning field goals that season.

So if a Kicker posted these numbers for example: 41-42 FG (97%) with 10 of those being 50+, maybe even making a 60+ field goal or two?

I've always been very curious at the idea of a kicker who is capable of consistently kicking longer than 60+ yard field goals and how much of an effect that would have on a team's scoring. I mean, winning a game on field goals alone would be pretty damn difficult, but what if you had a kicker that as long as you don't end up being 4th down at your own 20 or 10 yard line, can kick and make pretty much ever field goal on every drive?

Would that be MVP worthy?
A kicker will never win the MVP again. Moseley only won in a strike shortened season where all the rules were thrown out. You could be Thor himself and kick 100% of field goals from 80 yards out and they'd still give the award to the quarterback for putting the kicker into position.

JNA

Banned
A kicker will never win the MVP again. Moseley only won in a strike shortened season where all the rules were thrown out. You could be Thor himself and kick 100% of field goals from 80 yards out and they'd still give the award to the quarterback for putting the kicker into position.

You really think that would be the case? 0_0

I ask this because I also made a post about what if there was a kicker in college who could kick consistently with power and accuracy, 80 yard+ field goals. Would he or should he have a chance at being a number 1 pick in the draft?

I mean, the Raiders kicker Sebastian Janikowski was a 1st round 17th pick back in 2000 so I thought it wouldn't be such a stretch for this unlikely but hypothetically kicker to be a 1st or at least, top 3 pick in a draft no?

I mean think of it like this: as long as you can AT LEAST get to your own 45 yard line, you would NEVER need a punter. And it's three points instead of your typical 3 and out.

Hasn't even played a full season and he's already in the Hall of Fame:

beckham_hofjersey.0.0.jpg

Good morning, New York Giants fans! Your Morning Report begins with the news that the jersey rookie wide receiver wore when he made his spectacular catch vs. the Dallas Cowboys is now on display at the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

As Giants coach Tom Coughlin has said, let's not put the talented rookie in the Hall of Fame himself just yet. Beckham is putting together the best season by a rookie wide receiver in franchise history. He leads the Giants with 59 catches for 829 yards and is tied with Larry Donnell and Andre Williams for the team-lead in touchdowns with six. Jeremy Shockey set the franchise rookie record for receiving yards with 894 in 2002.

Crisco

Banned
The Lions are going to probably have a 4 game winning streak here, only to get blasted to pieces at Lambeau field and sent to play a road playoff game in Charlotte. Dis gun be good.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Stephen A Smith is by far Aaron Rodgers number 1 fan

Jason Wilde is easily his biggest fan. I would not be surprised to hear he has an "Aaron Rodgers" room in his house.

edit: but I suppose if we're talking about "neutral" talking heads, you may be right

eznark

Banned
Jason Wilde is easily his biggest fan. I would not be surprised to hear he has an "Aaron Rodgers" room in his house.

edit: but I suppose if we're talking about "neutral" talking heads, you may be right

Daniel Jeremiah has been calling him the best QB in football for like 5 years, so I'd go with him probably.

Lol at Marvin Lewis calling Manziel a midget and the media being sensitive for it.
It was a very professional comment
Paul Dehner Jr. ‏ @ pauldehnerjr 4m 4 minutes ago
Marvin Lewis offers statement re: his "midget" comment on @ 700WLW: "I apologize to Johnny and the Browns and all the fans in Cleveland ...

Paul Dehner Jr. ‏ @ pauldehnerjr 4m 4 minutes ago
ML (cont 2/2): “It was just a poor remark. I really didn’t mean anything by it.”

Mike Polk Jr. ‏@mikepolkjr 1m 1 minute ago
Can't Marvin Lewis understand that by using the hate speech term "midget" he doesn't just insult Johnny Manziel but the whole shire?
Fuck Lewis, I hope the Browns destroy the bungals again. And then they fire Lewis, and ppl troll him for life about this. I hope ppl put gnomes in his lawn, send him short ginger bread cookies in the shape of the Browns elf, and short ppl kick him in the shin when he walks by.
10 years! 10 years of despair on LEWIS!

hopfully the cookies look like this, attached with a note that says "eat this you punk bitch"
BnMfrpqIIAAqA3X.jpg

Interesting story by Stephen A. Smith. He was pulled over by the cops and got yelled at for asking "What's the problem" and had his hands on his pistol before the other cop reminded him who he was.

Interesting story by Stephen A. Smith. He was pulled over by the cops and got yelled at for asking "What's the problem" and had his hands on his pistol before the other cop reminded him who he was.

Driving While Black is not a crime. Driving While Stephen A. Smith should be though.

Top Bottom