• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 15 |OT| Drunk in Love

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Nothin says you can't still be chasing high school tail.

140226123544-mcconaughey-dazed-and-confused-620xb.jpg

And that takes place in Texas too, I assume that sort of thing is acceptable in the South.

Strangely, that guy in the back left looks exactly like hammer.

BG and I face off in the Shirtless League semis this weekend. The question I have is simple, will he bench Matt Ryan for his backup QB, JOHNNY FOOTBALL!? What kind of fan would he be otherwise?

This is what gata is getting at when he asks each of us "who even are you?" What we mistake as flippancy on his behalf is actually a plea from him for us to undergo some rigorous self-examination about our identity and where we're currently at life. Questions you need to ask yourself are "Am I happy?," "What am I doing with my life?", and "Who even am I?"

It's just difficult for him to express his concern because, well, he's an alligator.
Brought a tear to my eyes

effzee

Speculation that RG3 could possible be had for a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Considering the QB Chip wont be able to acquire (Mariota), this might be the Eagles best option. Sanchez is a FA and if the Eagles don't go far or miss the playoffs he won't be brought back. He might also just get an offer to start somewhere else.

Foles is still under contract, owed $600k next season, and still hasn't proven he is the guy. RG3 for 3rd? Sign me up!

Chip must have been burning up watching Wilson. He has to keep half his playbook in the office because he doesn't have a QB to take make defenses play the run.

Fox318

Speculation that RG3 could possible be bad for a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Considering the QB Chip wont be able to acquire (Mariota), this might be the Eagles best option. Sanchez is a FA and if the Eagles don't go far or miss the playoffs he won't be brought back. He might also just get an offer to start somewhere else.

Foles is still under contract, owed $600k next season, and still hasn't proven he is the guy. RG3 for 3rd? Sign me up!

Chip must have been burning up watching Wilson. He has to keep half his playbook in the office because he doesn't have a QB to take make defenses play the run.

With RG3's injury issues?

He is a 7th round pick.

Respect

3rd is too much for all that baggage. His confidence has to be shot, he is injury prone, afraid to run, a stigma that he is needs to be coddled/treated like the favorite son, and most of his new teammates probably won't respect him. Late round pick is all he is worth. He is an experiment/reclamation project at this point.

Mostly just posturing from WASH...to only get a late round pick for everything they gave up to get him, I'm sure they don't believe they can get a 3rd or a 4th for him.

Oof.
Willy Mo, Julio, and Alford all DNP for the Falcons so far this week.
Things will be...problematic if these guys can't go on Sunday.
...well, moreso than usual.

BigAT

Yeah, I would be absolutely furious if a team I rooted for gave up a third for Bobby Griff. He already seems like he is finished, both physically and mentally.

With how poorly they draft I would do that deal in a nanosecond. We have to upgrade the QB position next year for sure.

ShaneB

Today is a little better, I get festive with a big snowfall like this. Counting down the days until I am home in just over a week.

effzee

3rd is too much for all that baggage. His confidence has to be shot, he is injury prone, afraid to run, a stigma that he is needs to be coddled/treated like the favorite son, and most of his new teammates probably won't respect him. Late round pick is all he is worth. He is an experiment/reclamation project at this point.

Mostly just posturing from WASH...to only get a late round pick for everything they gave up to get him, I'm sure they don't believe they can get a 3rd or a 4th for him.

And a lot of the same things could have been said about Sanchez whose confidence level was probably even lower.

We don't have a coach or owner who will coddle him.

We do have a coach who has been making it work with subpar turnover prone QBs. And because they are winning, the Eagles won't have the chance, unless they give up everything, to draft a Winston or Mariota.

It comes down to this. Barkley sucks. Sanchez is playing well but again he isn't great. Foles was playing terrible. Despite winning they don't have an answer at QB yet. The team is built to win now. They won't get to draft the top guys. I'd rather the Eagles take a chance on RG3 than draft a QB in the 4th round.

RG3 is only 24 and has all the skill set. He has shown what he can do when confident. If anyone can coach him up I'd imagine it be Chip. We would still have Foles under contract.

All of this assuming Eagles somehow miss the playoffs, Sanchez doesn't improve further, and or bad QB play does them in again in the playoffs.

Respect

With how poorly they draft I would do that deal in a nanosecond. We have to upgrade the QB position next year for sure.

I completely overlooked it, but would WASH really trade him to a division rival, even if they got what they wanted? The chances are slim, but if RGIII gets his act together, WASH never hears the end of it, doubly so if he does this on a divisional rival's team.

And a lot of the same things could have been said about Sanchez whose confidence level was probably even lower.

We don't have a coach or owner who will coddle him.

We do have a coach who has been making it work with subpar turnover prone QBs. And because they are winning, the Eagles won't have the chance, unless they give up everything, to draft a Winston or Mariota.

It comes down to this. Barkley sucks. Sanchez is playing well but again he isn't great. Foles was playing terrible. Despite winning they don't have an answer at QB yet. The team is built to win now. They won't get to draft the top guys. I'd rather the Eagles take a chance on RG3 than draft a QB in the 4th round.

RG3 is only 24 and has all the skill set. He has shown what he can do when confident. If anyone can coach him up I'd imagine it be Chip. We would still have Foles under contract.

All of this assuming Eagles somehow miss the playoffs, Sanchez doesn't improve further, and or bad QB play does them in again in the playoffs.

So after this years draft Chip came out and said that there were 6 guys he wanted in the first round and Howie couldnt get any of them, and last year he said after the draft that he wanted Dion Jordon and Howie couldnt get him. I wonder if they wouldnt be better off just trading the whole draft plus for Mariota. Get Chip a guy that can 100% run his system and let howie fill the rest of the holes through FA. It's not like they got anything out of the draft this year outside of Matthews anyway.

Irg3 isn't better than Sanchez or Foles.

I dont see how you can say that other then he is a black QB and we know how you feel about that. RGIII showed more his first year then either Foles of Sanchez will ever show in the NFL. He just needs to get back to that. I have no idea if he can but a 3rd or 4th seems like a small risk to see if he can in a much more QB friendly system.

eznark

Banned
I completely overlooked it, but would WASH really trade him to a division rival, even if they got what they wanted? The chances are slim, but if RGIII gets his act together, WASH never hears the end of it, doubly so if he does this on a divisional rival's team.

Because no one else would give the Redskins a third

BigAT

So after this years draft Chip came out and said that there were 6 guys he wanted in the first round and Howie couldnt get any of them, and last year he said after the draft that he wanted Dion Jordon and Howie couldnt get him. I wonder if they wouldnt be better off just trading the whole draft plus for Mariota. Get Chip a guy that can 100% run his system and let howie fill the rest of the holes through FA. It's not like they got anything out of the draft this year outside of Matthews anyway.

I mean...is it really fair to complain or even have any expectation of getting a player that is a top 3 pick? Unless you're picking in the top 10 already it seems like an absurd thing to even make a note of. I'm guessing his other list of guys they couldn't get were similarly talented.

effzee

Yeah, I would be absolutely furious if a team I rooted for gave up a third for Bobby Griff. He already seems like he is finished, both physically and mentally.

I personally think people over value draft picks way too much. What % of picks work out from the first round? 2nd round? Have to believe 3rd round picks have even a lower % of success.

Too many factors to consider before claiming a 3rd round pick is some untouchable commodity. Eagles "wasted a 4th round pick" on Barkley. They wasted their first round pick this season on a guy who can't even get on the field and was probjected as a 4th round pick.

To a team starving for a QB and with no hopes of selecting a top guy, RG3 paired with Chip for a 3rd or 4th? Why not?

Konka

Banned
I personally think people over value draft picks way too much. What % of picks work out from the first round? 2nd round? Have to believe 3rd round picks have even a lower % of success.

Too many factors to consider before claiming a 3rd round pick is some untouchable commodity. Eagles "wasted a 4th round pick" on Barkley. They wasted their first round pick this season on a guy who can't even get on the field and was probjected as a 4th round pick.

To a team starving for a QB and with no hopes of selecting a top guy, RG3 paired with Chip for a 3rd or 4th? Why not?

I don't want IRG3 anywhere near the Eagles. Have you guys been watching a different IRG3 than I have been for the past 2 years?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Pro Bowl voting leaders so far...

Offense - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000441937/article/2015-pro-bowl-current-voting-leaders-offense :
Brian Hoyer lol

Defense - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000441952/article/2015-pro-bowl-current-voting-leaders-defense

Popularity contest you'd expect. Few funnies though. And Calais Campbell is playing awesome and nowhere to be found.

Fully expecting a kas post about how he's looking forward to watching Aaron Rodgers in the Pro Bowl because Stafford is going to the Super Bowl.

I don't want IRG3 anywhere near the Eagles. Have you guys been watching a different IRG3 than I have been for the past 2 years?

You are nuts. Guy was fantastic his first year, then got hurt and got stuck in a horrible situation where Shanahan didnt want him and couldnt wait to shit on him to show everyone how right he was. This year Gruden gets the job and almost imediately stories come out about how much better Cousins is doing in camp, and that Kirk is Grudens guy. For a mid round pick I would definitely bring RGIII in and see what Chip can do with him. Look at what Chip did with garbage like Foles and buttfumble, imagine if he had a QB with actual talent.

eznark

Banned
If irg3 hadn't played at all this year I would've given a second for him. Unfortunately he showed he is totally broken.

I'd take him if I were the Titans or something and could afford to rebuild the guy, but not if I had any interest in winning next year.

JNA p1s
No fluke, but he hasn't progressed since that year.
This, plus the injuries. He's also thrown a good amount of teammates under the bus these past 2 seasons, and comes off as a bit selfish. So I don't doubt the locker room not liking him much rumors

effzee

Did you want Sanchez?

If irg3 hadn't played at all this year I would've given a second for him. Unfortunately he showed he is totally broken.

I'd take him if I were the Titans or something and could afford to rebuild the guy, but not if I had any interest in winning next year.

Eagles would still have Foles under contract and if they could leave it up to them to win the job.

RG3 is 24. Showed more in his rookie season than Sanchez ever had. Eagles need a legit franchise QB and won't be in position to draft any.

To be clear I'd be just as happy if Foles or Sanchez proved themselves. Foles, unfortunately, is closer to what he has shown this year than the ungodly #s he put up last season. Sanchez is playing better than Foles was and 100 times better than he did with the Jets. Sanchez still has time and really depends on how he plays in the playoffs, if they make the playoffs.

Still watching Wilson running around I just get the feeling there is so much more to the playbook and what Chip would like to do but can't due to Foles and Sanchez.

Top Bottom