• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 15 |OT| Drunk in Love

BigAT

Do people think RG3's rookie season was a bit of a fluke then?

He had a nice season, but it's like everyone completely forgot that he tore his ACL. Not everyone recovers from an ACL, especially when it's someone that depends on his legs as much as he did.

It was also the second time he tore the ACL in that same knee, which further causes the recovery percentages to drop. On top of all that, he was almost certainly rushed back to action before his knee was fully recovered.

effzee

JNA p1s

This, plus the injuries. He's also thrown a good amount of teammates under the bus these past 2 seasons, and comes off as a bit selfish. So I don't doubt the locker room not liking him much rumors

Which teammates did he throw under the bus? I remember only 1 incident few weeks back but other than that it's always been publicly nothing.

eznark

Banned
He had a nice season, but it's like everyone completely forgot that he tore his ACL. Not everyone recovers from an ACL, especially when it's someone that depends on his legs as much as he did.

It was also the second time he tore the ACL in that same knee, which further causes the recovery percentages to drop. On top of all that, he was almost certainly rushed back to action before his knee was fully recovered.

Most importantly he has been a terrible quarterback longer than he had been a good one.

Which teammates did he throw under the bus? I remember only 1 incident few weeks back but other than that it's always been publicly nothing.
Don't feel like trying to find it, but it wasn't this season. Didn't he throw shade on the coaching staff before too?
Edit: here's one incident from a year ago
Lost in the not-so-subtle shots fired by Washington quarterback Robert Griffin III at the coaching staff after the 24-16 loss to Philly was an effort by Griffin to lay some blame for the failed final play to his teammates.

“We had a certain concept with running and nobody got open so I was backing up, and in the situation where you get a sack there, it ends the game,” Griffin said of the final effort to score a touchdown that, with a two-point conversion, would have forced overtime. “I was trying to throw the ball to the back of the end zone. It didn’t get to where I wanted it to go.”

On Tuesday, receiver Santana Moss took exception to Griffin’s remarks.

“As a leader, you understand that if you’re involved in the situation, whether you’re the receiver, the quarterback, the guys making the tackle, whoever. Regardless of the outcome, good or bad, you have to at some point, stand up and say me or I,” Moss told LaVar Arrington and Chad Dukes of 106.7 The Fan in D.C.

“If we’re going to win games, we need to win games with our guy saying, ‘At the end of the day, I didn’t make a play,’ regardless of if it wasn’t him. And that’s how I feel. Because that’s what we’re out there to do. I’m not sitting here to tell you why it didn’t happen, or who didn’t make the play for me to make a play. If I’m the guy, that’s at the end of the day have the ball in my hand, and we’re sitting there and the game is over because of me, I didn’t do enough to make the play. I didn’t do enough to help us win. And that’s what I would do.”

Respect

What!? Why would you want to punch a Cat?! :(

Yeah, cats are assholes.

wnjdnD8.gif

What in the hell is "throwing shade"?

Taking a shot at someone/something.

effzee

Don't feel like trying to find it, but it wasn't this season. Didn't he throw shade on the coaching staff before too?
Edit: here's one incident from a year ago

That's it?

Eli just came out a few weeks ago whe he overthrew a wide open WR and said the WR ran the route flatter than he was supposed to.

I guess when I think of throwing teammates under the bus I think of guys like TO. Or coaches who talk to the media about how bad their QB is.

What you quoted seems so insignificant in terms of being a bad teammate.

I'm not claiming RG3 is great currently, but just imagining Chip working with him and reestablishing that confidence.

Swag even.

Respect

Sooo, what are you guys thinking about this Marriota dude?

Would like to see him play against Alabama's D...most of the them will probably end up in the NFL...think it would be a good matchup.

Problem will probably be that he ends up in a situation where he will be forced into an offensive system as opposed to a system being built around his strengths.

Do people think RG3's rookie season was a bit of a fluke then?

No Fluke, he was great in his rookie season and as a Giants fan i was fucking worried we had to face him for another 12-15 years, but IMO i think RG3 killed RG3, looks like all the media hype got to him and filled his fucking head up to a point of it exploding, couple with the fact the owner was fanboy crushing on him. pretty much made him think he was gonna be the Redskins QB for the remainder of his career, he got Shananhan fired, and from the few games i saw of him this season RG3 still living off his own hype, and forgot the learn the playbook..

BigAT

I'll repost this article I posted a couple of weeks ago looking at the film on RG3. There are serious, fundamental flaws that would make me stay the hell away from him.

Chris Cooley has absolutely eviscerated him several times during his game reviews as well.

Greg Cosell does film study on IRG3, the results aren't pretty.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...w--robert-griffin-iii-s-issues-214738329.html

"Griffin’s mechanics and footwork are very poor."

"What if your footwork on drops and sets is as bad as any quarterback in the NFL, as is the case with Griffin"

"If Griffin didn’t like either of the first two options on corner routes – and he should like either one of them – he still has three check-downs wide open. And he doesn’t process any of it.

He didn’t throw the ball on time. He really didn't throw it to anyone. What did he do? He left the pocket, moved into pressure and threw it away before taking a shot from a 300-pound lineman."

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I feel like RG3 has burned all the bridges in DC. When no one speaks up in your defense, especially there, where everyone is talking to the media, you've lost the team and it's time to go. That's two head coaches and 53 teammates who've given up on the guy. Only Snyder can buy him more time.

b4lsyblicaalb3p1nxmz.png

Salary needs adjusting, but he's better than most stop-gap QBs. Rams of course have to draft a QB high
I just don't see anyone in this years draft, but I'll probably be proven wrong. Sam is a stop gap, that's all he'll ever be in his career. Jeff Fisher is the Andy Dalton of head coaches though.

effzee

No Fluke, he was great in his rookie season and as a Giants fan i was fucking worried we had to face him for another 12-15 years, but IMO i think RG3 killed RG3, looks like all the media hype got to him and filled his fucking head up to a point of it exploding, couple with the fact the owner was fanboy crushing on him. pretty much made him think he was gonna be the Redskins QB for the remainder of his career, he got Shananhan fired, and from the few games i saw of him this season RG3 still living off his own hype, and forgot the learn the playbook..

Shanahan deserved to be fired. He has been living off of the success of Elway and TD himself.

I'll repost this article I posted a couple of weeks ago looking at the film on RG3. There are serious, fundamental flaws that would make me stay the hell away from him.

Chris Cooley has absolutely eviscerated him several times during his game reviews as well.

Again. This would be a project if it were to ever happen. Sanchez didn't arrive to the Eagles with confidence or perfected mechanics.

I'm sure if you broke down game film from his Jets days you'd say the same things.

Top Bottom