• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 15 |OT| Drunk in Love

squicken

I just don't see anyone in this years draft, but I'll probably be proven wrong. Sam is a stop gap, that's all he'll ever be in his career. Jeff Fisher is the Andy Dalton of head coaches though.

I think Fisher is an above average coach, who has just never lucked into having that franchise QB since McNair.

As far as Bradford, it's not that he is a good choice to start next year, he's just the least bad. It's a weak QB draft and the Rams can't get a top guy anyway, and the QB FA market is a wasteland. So unless he trades for Cutler, Rams will have to at least begin year with Bradford

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
What quarterbacks were in the Geno year?

The only one that matters.

lolandry.gif

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Via Schefter:

Even though the NFL informed team executives at Wednesday's owners meeting that next year's salary cap will be between $138.6 and $141.8 million, the NFLPA believes a "substantial increase" will be added, per a memo sent Thursday.

According to the memo, sent to the union's executive committee, player reps and contract advisors, the NFLPA believes the NFL's projected increase -- at least $5 million more than the previous season -- to be very premature.

"We have become increasingly concerned about these early projections and in the upcoming months the NFLPA will issue projections based upon our analysis of expected revenue," the memo stated. "We believe that this will aid players, agents and general managers to more effectively forecast the salary cap and aid players in contract negotiations. Additionally, we will provide you with information previously shared with players about the current spending levels of all teams and their compliance with the minimum cash spending requirements of the new CBA."

The memo also stated that last year's projections called for a flat cap that was ultimately raised by $10 million from the previous season.

"The salary cap is inextricably tied to league revenues and as we saw last year, substantial increases in revenue will lead to substantial increases in the salary cap," the memo stated..

That's a lot of money for Kevin Colbert to spend on extending Ben and various shitty free agents.

Godslay

Banned
Shanahan deserved to be fired. He has been living off of the success of Elway and TD himself.

I'm not trying to defend Shanahan here, but the entire time he coached in Denver (95-08), he had two losing seasons. He had 4 years (95-98) with Elway & TD no losing seasons in that time period. Of the next 10 years he had two losing seasons, and he always fielded competitive teams.

Sometimes he coached mediocre teams ~0.500, which fell apart towards the end of the season. I'm sure that's true for any coach given a long enough tenure.

His greatest successes came with Elway & TD, but he's not a bad coach. I think he just got a bad deal in Washington. It seems like a tough place to coach because the organization gets in the way, rather than assisting the coach. This RG3 thing just hints at it.

Or maybe he's just old and lost it?

I'm not trying to defend Shanahan here, but the entire time he coached in Denver (95-08), he had two losing seasons. He had 4 years (95-98) with Elway & TD no losing seasons in that time period. Of the next 10 years he had two losing seasons, and he always fielded competitive teams.

Sometimes he coached mediocre teams ~0.500, which fell apart towards the end of the season. I'm sure that's true for any coach given a long enough tenure.

His greatest successes came with Elway & TD, but he's not a bad coach. I think he just got a bad deal in Washington. It seems like a tough place to coach because the organization gets in the way, rather than assisting the coach. This RG3 thing just hints at it.

Or maybe he's just old and lost it?

Shanahan lost it. That Parcells like disciplinarian I-am-the-ultimate-leader shit does not fly in today's NFL.

BigAT

Not to be a bummer, but does anyone have any advice on how to help/deal with someone that has had a miscarriage? Just found out from one of my best friend's that his wife miscarried and I'm at a loss as to what to do to help comfort them. Anyone ever dealt with this?

Not to be a bummer, but does anyone have any advice on how to help/deal with someone that has had a miscarriage? Just found out from one of my best friend's that his wife miscarried and I'm at a loss as to what to do to help comfort them. Anyone ever dealt with this?

Don't.

eznark

Banned

Yes. Just don't mention it.

Yesterday I found out a guy I went to high school with had a 2 month old child pass away. He was premature and in the hospital his entire life but things seemed to be improving for awhile. Nearly brought me to tears when I saw the news on Facebook.

I offered a few words of condolence and that was it. Nothing you can do, really.

Via Schefter:

That's a lot of money for Kevin Colbert to spend on extending Ben and various shitty free agents.
Estimates are always a bit low. I'd imagine we'll see a cap in the 145 million range.

My wife had an ectopic pregnancy and two miscarriages so - yes. How far along was she out of curiosity?

bionic77

Nothing you can do can help.

Just continue being a good friend.

Sometimes life just sucks.

cajunator

Banned

My friend had two. Dont talk about it or babies around them. At all.
In any case I actually had a sister for one day but she didnt make it.

BigAT

My wife had an ectopic pregnancy and two miscarriages so - yes. How far along was she out of curiosity?

Sorry to hear that. They don't really know how far along she was because the fetus wasn't developing so they couldn't judge properly. Fairly early though, they hadn't really told anyone she was pregnant yet aside from family.

Thanks for the advice to everyone else.

Sorry to hear that. They don't really know how far along she was because the fetus wasn't developing so they couldn't judge properly. Fairly early though, they hadn't really told anyone she was pregnant yet aside from family.

Thanks for the advice to everyone else.
Gotcha. I'll echo what everyone already said - don't go out of your way to discuss children/babies or the miscarriage. If she wants to talk, then let her. It'll be sore subject obviously but it really depends on your friends demeanor. My wife moved on relatively quickly and we started trying again as soon as we could. Once she got pregnant and moved farther along with our first, it becomes a long distant memory.

Its much harder to deal with a miscarriage if you're farther along which is why I asked.

Malalaw

My fiance had one 2 months ago. She is just getting over it now. They not to even mention it.

I'm still gunning for the 1st round bye.

Oh I see. If the Cards lose out it wont actually help us since Seattle is going to win out and they have the tiebreaker over us now. GB is also going to win out as well and they also have the tiebreaker. Eagles will be at best the 3rd seed.

Spinluck

I had the weirdest dream about the Pats winning the SB, man, it was terrible.

Oddly enough it was against Denver which isn't possible.

Top Bottom